I don't understand how the App Store auto update is so inconsistent. When it's plugged in and on wifi I still wake up with a bunch of app updates. Super annoying.
    10-08-2018 11:52 AM
    I can't really say, I typically update once a day, usually at the end of the day when I am home. I have auto-updates and app install turned on and it never auto-updates ever.
    strikeIII likes this.
    10-08-2018 04:21 PM
    Apparently auto update works if you don’t check for updates on a regular basis.
    There is some threshold there of a few days. If apps with an update haven’t been updated manually, auto update will only kick in then and do it for you.
    10-08-2018 04:29 PM
    There is some threshold there of a few days. If apps with an update haven’t been updated manually, auto update will only kick in then and do it for you.
    ^This!! Auto Update works perfectly for me, but I also never check for updates.
    10-08-2018 06:38 PM
    That sucks. I like to keep up to date right away.
    10-09-2018 12:57 AM
    I always learn about updates from here on iMore! So if you stick with us, you'll hear about them a lot faster!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-09-2018 01:11 PM
    That sucks. I like to keep up to date right away.
    In my experience, it updates right away. I’ve never had any issues with an app not updating. Give it a try & just think of it as one less thing you have to worry about
    10-09-2018 09:58 PM
    I haven’t had apps auto update in years. I just check the App Store for updates multiple times a day. I wish I knew the reason why. Maybe it is just waiting for long enough that it does it automatically. I also don’t have iOS updates automatically either even I have it enabled.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-10-2018 12:09 AM
    agree 100%, same issue for all family members.
    I don't understand why they call it auto-update.

Raptor007

I can't really say, I typically update once a day, usually at the end of the day when I am home. I have auto-updates and app install turned on and it never auto-updates ever.
    10-10-2018 12:01 PM
    As long as you update once a day, auto-update won’t happen on your device.
    Try holding off for at least 5 days and see if it still hasn’t updated in the meantime.
    10-10-2018 01:29 PM
    I never have had auto updates, I check every morning manually .
    10-10-2018 02:19 PM
    As long as you update once a day, auto-update won’t happen on your device.
    Try holding off for at least 5 days and see if it still hasn’t updated in the meantime.
    I’m pretty sure you’re right about this. I literally NEVER check and my auto update works flawlessly. I always have surprises when I open apps lol
    10-10-2018 05:10 PM
    My iPad never updates. I don't use it much but when I check for updates after a few days like after a week or so I still have a ton of updates sitting there for days. So auto update is a joke.
    10-10-2018 10:23 PM
    My iPad never updates. I don't use it much but when I check for updates after a few days like after a week or so I still have a ton of updates sitting there for days. So auto update is a joke.
    Is your iPad connected to WiFi at the times you don’t use it?
    10-11-2018 03:01 AM
    Thanks for clarifying this.
    10-11-2018 03:56 AM
    Is your iPad connected to WiFi at the times you don’t use it?
    Yup. And plugged in most of the time.
    10-11-2018 05:59 AM
    Yup. And plugged in most of the time.
    Well, that’s odd then.
    Apart from asking if you’ve checked if auto updates is enabled there is nothing I could tell you to help you out.
    10-11-2018 07:15 AM
    I don't understand how the App Store auto update is so inconsistent. When it's plugged in and on wifi I still wake up with a bunch of app updates. Super annoying.
    I have had it on for my gf's phone -- it has never done it. The iPad doesn't either. I always have to manually go update them every week or two for her.

Even w/ her new iPhone X S Max it is the same so far. I just gave up on trying to fix it lol.
    10-11-2018 11:24 AM
    I like to review an update before I update guess it’s an old habit
    10-11-2018 04:50 PM
    I like to review an update before I update guess it’s an old habit
    That’s what I do too!
    kataran likes this.
    10-11-2018 08:49 PM
    I always update manually. Like others, I like to read about the updates first. Auto updating definitely is not always as fast as manually. I don't see the point of using auto update, if you constantly go in and look.
    Tartarus and kataran like this.
    10-11-2018 09:56 PM
    I guess that makes sense, I typically check at night, when I am home.
    10-12-2018 03:25 PM
    I always update manually. Like others, I like to read about the updates first. Auto updating definitely is not always as fast as manually. I don't see the point of using auto update, if you constantly go in and look.
    I don't see the point either especially since it doesn't work. 🤣
    10-13-2018 09:44 PM
    I don't see the point either especially since it doesn't work.
    Sure it works. Just not always as quick as some would like. Not sure what the big rush to update apps is about.
    nikkisharif and Tartarus like this.
    10-13-2018 09:58 PM
    Sure it works. Just not always as quick as some would like. Not sure what the big rush to update apps is about.
    ^THIS!!! I have no issues with it not working. I don’t check updates, but my apps update. Guess I’m doing something right
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-13-2018 11:18 PM
31 12