App Store Auto Update

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand how the App Store auto update is so inconsistent. When it's plugged in and on wifi I still wake up with a bunch of app updates. Super annoying.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't really say, I typically update once a day, usually at the end of the day when I am home. I have auto-updates and app install turned on and it never auto-updates ever.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Apparently auto update works if you don’t check for updates on a regular basis.
There is some threshold there of a few days. If apps with an update haven’t been updated manually, auto update will only kick in then and do it for you.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
There is some threshold there of a few days. If apps with an update haven’t been updated manually, auto update will only kick in then and do it for you.

^This!! Auto Update works perfectly for me, but I also never check for updates.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site

That sucks. I like to keep up to date right away.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I always learn about updates from here on iMore! So if you stick with us, you'll hear about them a lot faster!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven’t had apps auto update in years. I just check the App Store for updates multiple times a day. I wish I knew the reason why. Maybe it is just waiting for long enough that it does it automatically. I also don’t have iOS updates automatically either even I have it enabled.

allipki

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
agree 100%, same issue for all family members.
I don't understand why they call it auto-update.

Raptor007

I can't really say, I typically update once a day, usually at the end of the day when I am home. I have auto-updates and app install turned on and it never auto-updates ever.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

As long as you update once a day, auto-update won’t happen on your device.
Try holding off for at least 5 days and see if it still hasn’t updated in the meantime.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
As long as you update once a day, auto-update won’t happen on your device.
Try holding off for at least 5 days and see if it still hasn’t updated in the meantime.

I’m pretty sure you’re right about this. I literally NEVER check and my auto update works flawlessly. I always have surprises when I open apps lol

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
My iPad never updates. I don't use it much but when I check for updates after a few days like after a week or so I still have a ton of updates sitting there for days. So auto update is a joke.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My iPad never updates. I don't use it much but when I check for updates after a few days like after a week or so I still have a ton of updates sitting there for days. So auto update is a joke.

Is your iPad connected to WiFi at the times you don’t use it?

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand how the App Store auto update is so inconsistent. When it's plugged in and on wifi I still wake up with a bunch of app updates. Super annoying.

I have had it on for my gf's phone -- it has never done it. The iPad doesn't either. I always have to manually go update them every week or two for her.

Even w/ her new iPhone X S Max it is the same so far. I just gave up on trying to fix it lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice