Sure it works. Just not always as quick as some would like. Not sure what the big rush to update apps is about.
    Well when there's an app that fixes a bug and someone tells you that it's been fixed and come to find that update sitting in the app store pending for 3 or so days then that's a problem to some. People just love to defend and say "no big deal" when something doesn't work the way it's supposed to.
    10-14-2018 04:15 AM
    ^THIS!!! I have no issues with it not working. I don’t check updates, but my apps update. Guess I’m doing something right
    I'm glad it's working for you.
    10-14-2018 04:21 AM
    Well when there's an app that fixes a bug and someone tells you that it's been fixed and come to find that update sitting in the app store pending for 3 or so days then that's a problem to some. People just love to defend and say "no big deal" when something doesn't work the way it's supposed to.
    How do you know ‘the way it’s supposed to’?
    Nowhere on Apple’s website could I find information about when it automatically updates.
    10-14-2018 04:37 AM
    How do you know ‘the way it’s supposed to’?
    Nowhere on Apple’s website could I find information about when it automatically updates.
    That's the reason why I made this post in the first place. Because of the lack of info on this "feature". If I enable something that says Auto Update wouldn't I expect it to auto update? The Geniuses at Apple couldn't really give me a straight answer either.
    10-14-2018 04:59 AM
    That's the reason why I made this post in the first place. Because of the lack of info on this "feature". If I enable something that says Auto Update wouldn't I expect it to auto update? The Geniuses at Apple couldn't really give me a straight answer either.
    Gotcha.
    Then we’re back to trial and error.
    Just keep Auto Updates enabled and see how long it takes before it actually updates.
    We also determined in the meantime that it’s best to not manually update.
    strikeIII and nikkisharif like this.
    10-14-2018 05:14 AM
    I'm an end of the day update type person. I don't have auto update on anything. I check updates before bed and manually update apps on all devices. This works for me.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-14-2018 07:43 AM
31 12