Silent switch not working

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I’m at a wedding and during the ceremony my phone starts ringing, silent switch was on. Anyone else have this issue?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m at a wedding and during the ceremony my phone starts ringing, silent switch was on. Anyone else have this issue?

Nope. Mine has always worked on all my iPhones starting with the 5s. Which device, what iOS and did you try a restart?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If the caller is in your contact list, check to see if you have "Emergency Bypass" enabled for that person.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes that override works great. I have five people that are set for both overrides for Ringtone and Text Tone

Check your Contacts as D was mentioning about.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
In case you’re not sure about where to find “emergency bypass” on the contact: when you’re on the contact page hit “edit” at the top right and you can set the bypass through both the ringtone and text tone.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Mine has always worked on all my iPhones starting with the 5s. Which device, what iOS and did you try a restart?

I’m on the XS Max latest software, not beta. I’ve done a restart and have tested it three different times this morning. It’s ringing despite the silent switch being on.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Did the phone ring during the part "If anyone has reason why these two should not be married....."?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m on the XS Max latest software, not beta. I’ve done a restart and have tested it three different times this morning. It’s ringing despite the silent switch being on.

As JustMeD stated, do you have the people calling on "Emergency Bypass"?

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As JustMeD stated, do you have the people calling on "Emergency Bypass"?
The one who called me during the wedding is not. The phone I was testing it with this morning was, I took it off of emergency bypass and the only thing ringing was my watch this time.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The one who called me during the wedding is not. The phone I was testing it with this morning was, I took it off of emergency bypass and the only thing ringing was my watch this time.

I would take everyone off Emergency Bypass and do a device reboot (Volume up, down and hold power button until the  screen comes), and test from there.