My iphone shut down last night and would not respond to a hard reset or holding down the power or the display would not wake up, I plugged in a charger for about 45 mins and it still would not wake up. 4 hours later I put it on a wireless charger and the phone booted up with a apple symbol and it turned on. Im not sure if this is something similar to the iPhones XS having issues with the charging cable but it was random how my phone shut off and would not respond, my battery was at 65% and the moment it was on a wireless charging pad it turned on! Has this happened to anybody?
    Linda V likes this.
    10-04-2018 09:54 AM
    My iphone shut down last night and would not respond to a hard reset or holding down the power or the display would not wake up, I plugged in a charger for about 45 mins and it still would not wake up. 4 hours later I put it on a wireless charger and the phone booted up with a apple symbol and it turned on. Im not sure if this is something similar to the iPhones XS having issues with the charging cable but it was random how my phone shut off and would not respond, my battery was at 65% and the moment it was on a wireless charging pad it turned on! Has this happened to anybody?
    WOW, no this has not happen to my Xs Max and this is my first time hearing something like this happening with the Max. I would contact Apple support.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    10-04-2018 09:58 AM
    Yeah that’s the first I’ve heard of this as well.
    10-04-2018 11:09 AM
    I take that back. It happened to my wife’s iPhone a few years ago after it got wet. Took it a couple days of drying on its own. I was about to turn it into a target for my kids .22 but my wife tried to turn it on again and it worked. But like I said, it had gotten wet. By wet I mean dunked in a sink. We have a water softener so I’m guessing it took most of the minerals out of the water that would have caused the phone to completely dry.

Edit: I wonder if yours got wet somehow? Either way I think a trip to the apple store is in order.
    10-04-2018 11:12 AM
    I contacted apple and they said I can go into the store and they will inspect it and decide from their what to do, or support was willing to send me out a new iPhone XS max and I can send this one back to them, the problem is I would want a new one iPhone XS not one that failed the test in production and the IMEI number be different from what my iPhone box says, it’s only been 11 days. I’m still in my “return and exchange phase”
    10-04-2018 03:11 PM
    I contacted apple and they said I can go into the store and they will inspect it and decide from their what to do, or support was willing to send me out a new iPhone XS max and I can send this one back to them, the problem is I would want a new one iPhone XS not one that failed the test in production and the IMEI number be different from what my iPhone box says, it’s only been 11 days. I’m still in my “return and exchange phase”
    Then I would suggest returning the device since you're still within the 14 day return window and get what you want in the XS.
    10-04-2018 03:46 PM
    Mine has just frozen and then shut down! It then had a glitchy screen when it turned itself back on again!
    10-04-2018 05:25 PM
    Mine has just frozen and then shut down! It then had a glitchy screen when it turned itself back on again!
    Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining. May I ask where you purchased your device from and who's your carrier?
    10-04-2018 05:38 PM
    Apple
    10-04-2018 05:39 PM
    Welcome to iMore

As suggested you should make an appointment with Apple so they can sort it out.

We would like to know how you made out.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-04-2018 05:49 PM
    Apple
    Do you have a Carrier ih13?
    10-04-2018 05:51 PM
    The first xs max I had did this thankfully the carrier just shipped me a new phone and I had to send the other one back. So far no issues with the new max
    11-04-2018 09:53 AM