Does the silver Max scratch easy like last years X ?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
It’s stainless steel so it’s going to scratch. On the plus side it’s easy to buff out with some stainless steel polish, which you cannot use on the space gray or gold models but works really well on the silver.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Had an X last year in Silver. Didn’t have any scratch issues. Went with Gold Max this year and no scratch issues. I think you’ll get mixed answers IMO. Go without a case and you’re risking a scratches. I know it’s tempting to go without a case but I don’t risk it. I go with the Silicone.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I had a silver X and went caseless most of the time and when I switched to my Max it was as pristine as when I got it

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I have the silver and while it has no scratches as I’ve had it in a case since launch day, if you hold up the stainless steel edges to a light you can see scuff marks. Irritating but I try not to look at it.

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have the Silver and with a leather case and I see little tiny micro scratches at the bottom but you need to really look to notice. It’s pure stainless steel so it will show scratches a little more than the finished polishes. Some people think it adds that character, “patina” affect.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My answer would be it wears like stainless steel, and that's what it is. The plain metal and off white back made the model very attractive to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711