I got the X last November when I returned the 8 plus after having it for a week and a half. I finally got the MAX in my hands today. Is it just me not being really impressed with it or are there others that feel this way?

I’m not running out and getting the MAX like I did with the X last year. I think I’m keeping the X for another year. First time in a looong time I haven’t upgraded the following year.

Also I have last years 10.5” iPad Pro. To me the MAX seems like a small iPad mini that you can make calls with. It’s about 1.4” difference between the two.

Disclaimer: This is only my opinion. Others might agree or disagree. That’s alright. If I’ve offended anyone I apologize.

Long live Apple products!
    10-02-2018 07:34 PM
    Folks here have already skipped X or have upgraded to Max. May be you should direct your question to X forum?
    10-02-2018 07:37 PM
    I ended up getting the XS Max but as much as I like it, a piece of me definitely wishes he had held on to the X and waited.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    10-02-2018 09:02 PM
    It's literally a bigger version of the X with slightly better internals. That's about it.

Anyone who has an X from last year should just wait until next year to upgrade because all you're basically doing is paying for the same phone twice.
    Andrew_Pop and aximtreo like this.
    10-02-2018 09:43 PM
    There’s always the XR to tempt a wary X owner.
    10-02-2018 10:26 PM
    I'm coming from the 7 plus and I skipped the X last year because it was to small for my liking. The MAX is a definite and much welcomed upgrade for me. If you like big screens and settled for the X last year then yes the MAX is worth the upgrade...in my opinion.
    Waiting two years to upgrade this time has really opened my eyes. It's as though I've been rejuvenated into the iPhone world and my yearly upgrades will be no more...I can appreciate upgrading much more after a two year period.
    10-02-2018 10:37 PM
    I’m skipping this year. The XS Max is nice but not compelling to make me leave my X. My X still has a lot of life left and is treating me wonderfully.
    iwoodland likes this.
    10-02-2018 10:40 PM
    My brother got it and he is enjoying it. Says its wickedly fast. He loves the screen. Traded in his 8+. I can early upgrade in two months if I want but I am keeping my Poduct red 8+. I am not happy with the new iOS 12 though. I hope there is a fix for the issues. I want to go into an apple store. It is freezing up a lot. I am technically good but I don’t want to reset it. My watch update isn’t the best either.
    I will give it more time and see what happens. I do have a feeling though a trip to Apple is in the near future.
    10-02-2018 10:52 PM
    My brother got it and he is enjoying it. Says its wickedly fast. He loves the screen. Traded in his 8+. I can early upgrade in two months if I want but I am keeping my Poduct red 8+. I am not happy with the new iOS 12 though. I hope there is a fix for the issues. I want to go into an apple store. It is freezing up a lot. I am technically good but I don’t want to reset it. My watch update isn’t the best either.
    I will give it more time and see what happens. I do have a feeling though a trip to Apple is in the near future.
    iOS 12 is very buggy in general. A lot of freeze ups.
    10-02-2018 11:28 PM
    No bugs here on my iPhone MAX running iOS 12, but I did step on a Ant mound in my front yard today...LOL .
    iwoodland likes this.
    10-02-2018 11:32 PM
    That stinks to hear. When I upgraded from iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 it felt like a new phone.
    iwoodland likes this.
    10-02-2018 11:33 PM
    That stinks to hear. When I upgraded from iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 it felt like a new phone.
    Same here. iOS 12 ran great on my 7 Plus and now on my Max. No problems or "bugs" to speak of.
    iwoodland likes this.
    10-02-2018 11:39 PM
    I’m hanging on to my X. There is nothing compelling about the new XS devices to make me want to upgrade. The larger screen is not enough.
    10-03-2018 02:34 PM
    I caved in and just did a reset. Hope it works
    iwoodland likes this.
    10-03-2018 02:42 PM
    I am currently using X and I don't have any intention to upgrade it for X or XS Max. Actually having iPhone X and change it for XS is not necessary for sure. XS Max may be the the iPhone device in the history but I don't like its max size and the price. So I guess still I am able to hanging with my X.
    10-03-2018 11:45 PM
    i trade the iphone X and buy the xs max

its amazing phone
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-03-2018 11:54 PM
    Honestly, I am wondering what apple could do to even make upgrading next year worth while for anyone that doesn't have older iphone models (iphone 4,5,6, etc). I mean the current iphone X, XS, XR, and Max have most of the features people would want or need in a phone for the forseeable future if you ask me. Only thing apple could do is minor upgrades to the battery life, camera, and screens. But no major or mind blowing must have feature comes to mind, but we will see.
    H_D and Spencerdl like this.
    10-04-2018 08:46 AM
    I have a X, not upgrading this year. 2019 at the earliest. I am going to spend money upgrading from Series 2 watch to the new series 4.
    10-04-2018 09:33 AM
    I had the X last year and purchased the iPhone XS max this year but this will be my last year purchasing a new iPhone every year, the upgrades are not justified to me.
    10-04-2018 09:47 AM
    I upgraded to the Max, but my X went to my wife as an upgrade from her 8. We saw no compelling reason to upgrade her to the XS since the X was paid off.
    aximtreo and Spencerdl like this.
    10-04-2018 10:25 AM
    The only problem I’m having with iOS 12 is my electric log for my truck keeps crashing. Wasn’t doing this on 11. Other than that everything seems fine.
    10-04-2018 03:29 PM
    I know a few buddies staying with the X. I don't blame them.
    10-04-2018 04:26 PM
    10-04-2018 06:27 PM
    A lot of the high end phones in today's market are loaded with just about every feature you can get and there isn't really any new technology or ideas coming out worth upgrading for. I believe in the coming years you will see less and less people upgrading phones cause there really aren't the great amount of features to look forward too when they already have them. The only real upgrades would be the battery and processor and the phones that are already a couple years old are equipped to withstand anything you throw at it without having to think about upgrading. So in most cases, unless you have the money to throw away for a new phone every year it makes more sense to stay with what you got for another year or two cause you really aren't missing anything spectacular. Just my 2 pennies.
    10-04-2018 07:45 PM
    I got the X last November when I returned the 8 plus after having it for a week and a half. I finally got the MAX in my hands today. Is it just me not being really impressed with it or are there others that feel this way?

I’m not running out and getting the MAX like I did with the X last year. I think I’m keeping the X for another year. First time in a looong time I haven’t upgraded the following year.

Also I have last years 10.5” iPad Pro. To me the MAX seems like a small iPad mini that you can make calls with. It’s about 1.4” difference between the two.

Disclaimer: This is only my opinion. Others might agree or disagree. That’s alright. If I’ve offended anyone I apologize.

Long live Apple products!
    I agree with you I don’t think I would’ve rushed out to get the iPhone X Max having the iPhone X, only because I’m not a fan of big phones.
    10-04-2018 08:15 PM
30 12