Anyone skipping the Xs MAX and staying with the X?

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
A lot of the high end phones in today's market are loaded with just about every feature you can get and there isn't really any new technology or ideas coming out worth upgrading for. I believe in the coming years you will see less and less people upgrading phones cause there really aren't the great amount of features to look forward too when they already have them. The only real upgrades would be the battery and processor and the phones that are already a couple years old are equipped to withstand anything you throw at it without having to think about upgrading. So in most cases, unless you have the money to throw away for a new phone every year it makes more sense to stay with what you got for another year or two cause you really aren't missing anything spectacular. Just my 2 pennies.

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I got the X last November when I returned the 8 plus after having it for a week and a half. I finally got the MAX in my hands today. Is it just me not being really impressed with it or are there others that feel this way?

I’m not running out and getting the MAX like I did with the X last year. I think I’m keeping the X for another year. First time in a looong time I haven’t upgraded the following year.

Also I have last years 10.5” iPad Pro. To me the MAX seems like a small iPad mini that you can make calls with. It’s about 1.4” difference between the two.

Disclaimer: This is only my opinion. Others might agree or disagree. That’s alright. If I’ve offended anyone I apologize.

Long live Apple products!

I agree with you I don’t think I would’ve rushed out to get the iPhone X Max having the iPhone X, only because I’m not a fan of big phones.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
A lot of the high end phones in today's market are loaded with just about every feature you can get and there isn't really any new technology or ideas coming out worth upgrading for. I believe in the coming years you will see less and less people upgrading phones cause there really aren't the great amount of features to look forward too when they already have them. The only real upgrades would be the battery and processor and the phones that are already a couple years old are equipped to withstand anything you throw at it without having to think about upgrading. So in most cases, unless you have the money to throw away for a new phone every year it makes more sense to stay with what you got for another year or two cause you really aren't missing anything spectacular. Just my 2 pennies.

The one exception is the radios. For example, for those on T-Mobile, the Xs has LTE Band 71, which will improve coverage and reception where (or when) it is available. And likely next years iPhone, or the one in two years, will have the radios for 5G.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am definitely sticking with the X and not getting the Max...is what I said before I bought the Max.

It’s all good. The X will be passed on to someone in the family. Still a fantastic phone, but I definitely missed my big screen.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Sold my X a few months back. Had the 64GB. Got 8 hundo for it. Glad I did. Loving the MAX so far!!! The extra size is nice... But more importantly the Battery LIFE is insane!!!!

sallenthornton

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Normally I upgrade as soon as the new version becomes available, but for some reason, I’m perfectly content with the X. I’m much more interested in the watch. It’s time to upgrade from the original I’m currently using.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234