Anyone skipping the Xs MAX and staying with the X?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I got the X last November when I returned the 8 plus after having it for a week and a half. I finally got the MAX in my hands today. Is it just me not being really impressed with it or are there others that feel this way?

I’m not running out and getting the MAX like I did with the X last year. I think I’m keeping the X for another year. First time in a looong time I haven’t upgraded the following year.

Also I have last years 10.5” iPad Pro. To me the MAX seems like a small iPad mini that you can make calls with. It’s about 1.4” difference between the two.

Disclaimer: This is only my opinion. Others might agree or disagree. That’s alright. If I’ve offended anyone I apologize.

Long live Apple products!

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I ended up getting the XS Max but as much as I like it, a piece of me definitely wishes he had held on to the X and waited.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
It's literally a bigger version of the X with slightly better internals. That's about it.

Anyone who has an X from last year should just wait until next year to upgrade because all you're basically doing is paying for the same phone twice.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from the 7 plus and I skipped the X last year because it was to small for my liking. The MAX is a definite and much welcomed upgrade for me. If you like big screens and settled for the X last year then yes the MAX is worth the upgrade...in my opinion.
Waiting two years to upgrade this time has really opened my eyes. It's as though I've been rejuvenated into the iPhone world and my yearly upgrades will be no more...I can appreciate upgrading much more after a two year period.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I’m skipping this year. The XS Max is nice but not compelling to make me leave my X. My X still has a lot of life left and is treating me wonderfully.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My brother got it and he is enjoying it. Says its wickedly fast. He loves the screen. Traded in his 8+. I can early upgrade in two months if I want but I am keeping my Poduct red 8+. I am not happy with the new iOS 12 though. I hope there is a fix for the issues. I want to go into an apple store. It is freezing up a lot. I am technically good but I don’t want to reset it. My watch update isn’t the best either.
I will give it more time and see what happens. I do have a feeling though a trip to Apple is in the near future.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My brother got it and he is enjoying it. Says its wickedly fast. He loves the screen. Traded in his 8+. I can early upgrade in two months if I want but I am keeping my Poduct red 8+. I am not happy with the new iOS 12 though. I hope there is a fix for the issues. I want to go into an apple store. It is freezing up a lot. I am technically good but I don’t want to reset it. My watch update isn’t the best either.
I will give it more time and see what happens. I do have a feeling though a trip to Apple is in the near future.

iOS 12 is very buggy in general. A lot of freeze ups.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I’m hanging on to my X. There is nothing compelling about the new XS devices to make me want to upgrade. The larger screen is not enough.

JBloverz

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I am currently using X and I don't have any intention to upgrade it for X or XS Max. Actually having iPhone X and change it for XS is not necessary for sure. XS Max may be the the iPhone device in the history but I don't like its max size and the price. So I guess still I am able to hanging with my X.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I am wondering what apple could do to even make upgrading next year worth while for anyone that doesn't have older iphone models (iphone 4,5,6, etc). I mean the current iphone X, XS, XR, and Max have most of the features people would want or need in a phone for the forseeable future if you ask me. Only thing apple could do is minor upgrades to the battery life, camera, and screens. But no major or mind blowing must have feature comes to mind, but we will see.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I have a X, not upgrading this year. 2019 at the earliest. I am going to spend money upgrading from Series 2 watch to the new series 4.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I had the X last year and purchased the iPhone XS max this year but this will be my last year purchasing a new iPhone every year, the upgrades are not justified to me.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded to the Max, but my X went to my wife as an upgrade from her 8. We saw no compelling reason to upgrade her to the XS since the X was paid off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234