Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I purchased two types of tempered glass and I prefer the ones that don't have a notch at the top, and so far they have been great. Edge2Edge full screen. Spigen is one that i got.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Depending on your location there are Zagg kiosks at Malls where they use a machine to cut it perfect and apply it. They type the device into the computer and it cuts a screen protector on site.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Depending on your location there are Zagg kiosks at Malls where they use a machine to cut it perfect and apply it. They type the device into the computer and it cuts a screen protector on site.

I've never seen these Zagg Kiosks in malls near me, but will definitely keep an eye out.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with an iCarez brand and really like the jig included for mounting it. It is a .33 thickness. I tried one of the thinner offerings with my last phone and it had cracks in a hurry so maybe .33 is a must for durability???

-Your iCarez screen protector

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Is a screen protector necessary for the XS? Is everyone using one? I have never used one on any phone of mine.. I always feel that it would interfere with the touch response..

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is a screen protector necessary for the XS? Is everyone using one? I have never used one on any phone of mine.. I always feel that it would interfere with the touch response..

If you’re asking me screen protectors are never necessary. Then again I rarely use a phone case so I’m a bit of a dare devil.
As far as touch response is concerned, get yourself a nice tempered glass screen protector and you shouldn’t notice a difference.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

They don’t interfere with touch responsive at all

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Just installed the Bodyguardz Pure 2 Edge and it when on PERFECT like a dream. I've installed hundreds of protectors over the years and never had one install this smooth without not even the tiniest bubble. I know this protector is not cheap but I had a Bodyguardz save my iPhone X from a face down drop on a pile of rocks so I went with them again.

Just worried about cases peeling up the corners (case friendly). I report later after I try on a few cases.

bg01.jpgbg02.jpgbg03.jpg

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Just installed the Bodyguardz Pure 2 Edge and it when on PERFECT like a dream. I've installed hundreds of protectors over the years and never had one install this smooth without not even the tiniest bubble. I know this protector is not cheap but I had a Bodyguardz save my iPhone X from a face down drop on a pile of rocks so I went with them again.

Just worried about cases peeling up the corners (case friendly). I report later after I try on a few cases.

View attachment 124643View attachment 124644View attachment 124645

That’s really nice!
I can’t even see the screen protector.

john7760

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Has anyone found a tempered glass screen protector that is cut just right for the notch? The cheap ones I got for Amazon are good but after thinking I misapplied the first one even using their guide, I applied a second one and yeah, it's just not cut correctly.
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...protectors-tempered-glass.html&token=L3hiXD9d

I absolutely love how well this is cut. Only a cut out for the speaker and the black curved edges are very nice. No rough edges and it blends with the phone perfectly. Case friendly without losing size.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

With dozens of mobile devices deployed I am convinced a flexy plastic or glass type make the screen glass less prone to a shatter or crack with some falls. The matte type plastic ones make some devices more usable in bright light but my XS Max is really good in outdoor light.

I like the feel of iCarez brand matte protectors when new or clean, and I like their glass protectors. The price, and install help are great. No way would I return to a few expensive ones I’ve had or we’ve had at work after those.

For glass I’ve tried the .33 and a thinner .2 or .22 thickness protector. The phone operated just fine for both. That super thin glass protectors make thin cases better but I noticed they cracked sooner and had air gaps and bubbles sooner.

Something else if you’ve never used protectors. You can use blue masking tape to put them on hinge style for good alignment but some retail product such as iCarez I mentioned include a kid to do it that way. The last iCarez glass ones I bought had a plastic fixture/jig to put over the phone and align the protector.

Another tip is have tape or something to lift dust from the screen and a humid steamy room seems better to not have dust between he device and protector.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner