USB 2.0 really???

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Well if that's the case then that is good. I am not sure though because I've seen a lot of YouTube reviewers complaining about the dongle being gone from the box.

Yes, the dongle has been removed, BUT, there is still a wired option (lightning earbuds) included with the phones for listening to audio from them.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Fast charging is a luxury, not a necessity.
Apple provides you with the necessary brick to charge it.
If you want charger, you’ll have to get it yourself.
With millions of devices sold per year, it’s not something I see Apple feeling the need for to include it.
Especially if you think that even adding a normal charging brick is not even necessary for those who already have an iPhone in use.
I have like 6 or 7 bricks lying around somewhere in my house and only use two off them, of which one is an iPad charger that I bought myself and a normal charger on my bed stand.
If I were to resell my iPhone or Apple Watch, I’d simply keep the iPad charger and keep use it.

TL:DR Apple already has fast chargers for sale, no need to keep including them with each device sold

$200 Android phones come with fast charging. Actually, I find it difficult to find an Android device that doesn't come with fast charging right out of the box. It's a necessity at this point.

atlas9171

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
$200 Android phones come with fast charging. Actually, I find it difficult to find an Android device that doesn't come with fast charging right out of the box. It's a necessity at this point.
Yeah, I don't understand how anyone can defend Apple on the charger thing. The USB 2.0 isn't the biggest deal. It's just a cheap move on the charger.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I challenge you to find somewhere in this thread where someone argued against a fast charger being added to the box.

Reading comprehension goes a long way.

Page 2:

"Fast charging is a luxury, not a necessity..."

"If you want [fast] charger, you’ll have to get it yourself..."

"With millions of devices sold per year, it’s not something I see Apple feeling the need for to include it..."

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Page 2:

"Fast charging is a luxury, not a necessity..."

"If you want [fast] charger, you’ll have to get it yourself..."

"With millions of devices sold per year, it’s not something I see Apple feeling the need for to include it..."
Once again: reading comprehension. Nothing there indicates that someone is against it.

Last edited:

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
The two big disappointments I have with Xs are not including a fast charger and not supporting 10W wireless fast charging even when it can be (probably Apple will enable in a future software update).

I have been using Bluetooth headphones for nearly 4 years now - so no headphone jack or lack of a dongle doesn’t bother me.

I literally can’t remember the last time I synced my device with iTunes or plugged into my Mac to transfer content from my iPhone - so USB 2.0 doesn’t bother me.

And, I did not expect them both at all, so it does not affect me at all when purchasing an iPhone. Understand it may be a deal breaker for some and as someone said in this thread, you have other choices!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't think of the last time I plugged mine in so USB2.0 is fine for me.

More or less the same over here except I do plug my phone into my car for CarPlay. It would be convenient to get a faster charge while I’m on the road but it’s not a game changer by any means.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Spending lots of money on anything not working properly can be frustrating. It took 2 returns on a printer for it to finally work for me and that is frustrating as well. I want a product to work like is should !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro