USB 2.0 really???

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To you they are gripes. To him and I and a lot of other people they are shortcomings. Why should it come with all that stuff? Because they are selling a $1000 product. No need to nickel and dime us to death

Price is not always associated with features. Take cars, for example. The base model for a Cadillac CTS, Mercedes E350 and a BMW 528i may vary in regard to features, even though they are all similarly priced.

You simply buy the one that’s best suited for you. It’s the same with smartphones.

Last edited:

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes, is that a problem? LOL

Gotta agree with you, the answer is YES. If I'm paying $1500 for a phone that is capable of fast charging, the trillion dollar company that I buy it from should provide a fast charging adapter. What Android phone has fast charging that doesn't come with a fast charging adapter in the box?

BTW, I own an iPhone X and am not upgrading because I don't see the reason to spend more for the incremental updates in the XS, but I like everyone else can still feel that Apple doesn't truly care much about their customers. They rather charge us more to go out and buy the adapter so they can make more profit.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Gotta agree with you, the answer is YES. If I'm paying $1500 for a phone that is capable of fast charging, the trillion dollar company that I buy it from should provide a fast charging adapter. What Android phone has fast charging that doesn't come with a fast charging adapter in the box?

BTW, I own an iPhone X and am not upgrading because I don't see the reason to spend more for the incremental updates in the XS, but I like everyone else can still feel that Apple doesn't truly care much about their customers. They rather charge us more to go out and buy the adapter so they can make more profit.
Yes, you’re right. Apple truly doesn’t care about their customers. And Ike never struck Tina.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Fast charging is a luxury, not a necessity.
Apple provides you with the necessary brick to charge it.
If you want a fast charger, you’ll have to get it yourself.
With millions of devices sold per year, it’s not something I see Apple feeling the need for to include it.
Especially if you think that even adding a normal charging brick is not even necessary for those who already have an iPhone in use.
I have like 6 or 7 bricks lying around somewhere in my house and only use two off them, of which one is an iPad charger that I bought myself and a normal charger on my bed stand.
If I were to resell my iPhone or Apple Watch, I’d simply keep the iPad charger and keep use it.

TL: DR Apple already has fast chargers for sale, no need to keep including them with each device sold

Last edited:

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Fast charging is a luxury, not a necessity.
Apple provides you with the necessary brick to charge it.
If you want charger, you’ll have to get it yourself.
With millions of devices sold per year, it’s not something I see Apple feeling the need for to include it.
Especially if you think that even adding a normal charging brick is not even necessary for those who already have an iPhone in use.
I have like 6 or 7 bricks lying around somewhere in my house and only use two off them, of which one is an iPad charger that I bought myself and a normal charger on my bed stand.
If I were to resell my iPhone or Apple Watch, I’d simply keep the iPad charger and keep use it.

TL:DR Apple already has fast chargers for sale, no need to keep including them with each device sold

So just keep including the ones that we don't want? I'm just comparing to other manufacturers who provide the "luxury" of fast charging and also give you a fast charging adapter in the box. Not sure what other company does what Apple does. I think fast wireless charging is more of a luxury.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So just keep including the ones that we don't want? I'm just comparing to other manufacturers who provide the "luxury" of fast charging and also give you a fast charging adapter in the box. Not sure what other company does what Apple does. I think fast wireless charging is more of a luxury.

It’s been said and repeated.
Not every manufacturer includes the same stuff.

There are very cheap cars out there that come with more stuff included at a base price than their expensive counterparts that, for example, don’t even include A/C in their basic line.
People still buy it.

It’s just something that is. I don’t miss it and I won’t even waste my energy on wishing it was something that Apple included. But that’s me. I’m more zen about stuff being the way that they are.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

When you're walking around in Italy and a restaurant has people stand outside trying to get you to come in that's when you know the food isn't great. The restaurants that have great food are the ones that don't resort to that. What you consider "luxury" from other manufacturers is pretty much just trash. They're the ones standing outside trying to entice you to come in because their product doesn't speak for itself.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
It’s been said and repeated.
Not every manufacturer includes the same stuff.

There are very cheap cars out there that come with more stuff included at a base price than their expensive counterparts that, for example, don’t even include A/C in their basic line.
People still buy it.

It’s just something that is. I don’t miss it and I won’t even waste my energy on wishing it was something that Apple included. But that’s me. I’m more zen about stuff being the way that they are.

Well it's the way it is because Apple needs to be greedy and have more money. Perfect example is the headphone dongle. People who bought the X got it included but let's pay the same price and even more (for the Max) and not get an $8 dongle. So now those people who upgraded from a 7 plus need to go buy one if they want to use wired headphones.

I'm not arguing back and forth over this, I just wanted to give my opinion like everyone else is. Some will agree and some won't, that's why these forums exist right?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
When you're walking around in Italy and a restaurant has people stand outside trying to get you to come in that's when you know the food isn't great. The restaurants that have great food are the ones that don't resort to that. What you consider "luxury" from other manufacturers is pretty much just trash. They're the ones standing outside trying to entice you to come in because their product doesn't speak for itself.

Pretty sure the Google 18w charger that gives you 7 hours of usage in a 15 min charge isn't trash. Have you used one?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well it's the way it is because Apple needs to be greedy and have more money. Perfect example is the headphone dongle. People who bought the X got it included but let's pay the same price and even more (for the Max) and not get an $8 dongle. So now those people who upgraded from a 7 plus need to go buy one if they want to use wired headphones.

I'm not arguing back and forth over this, I just wanted to give my opinion like everyone else is. Some will agree and some won't, that's why these forums exist right?

I wouldn’t know.
I don’t do wired headphones. And that dongle was the first thing I lost in a long while. So there’s that.

I’m arguing that it’s not impossible, it costs money and that’s what makes Apple great. They get people to buy their stuff even if they charge more for stuff that’s usually free at their competitors.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn’t know.
I don’t do wired headphones. And that dongle was the first thing I lost in a long while. So there’s that.

I’m arguing that it’s not impossible, it costs money and that’s what makes Apple great. They get people to buy their stuff even if they charge more for stuff that’s usually free at their competitors.

Yup you're right about that! People will buy it all because it is Apple.

I don't use wired headphones either, so it isn't important to me either I was just talking about people who do still use them. Some people like the direct connection over Bluetooth

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Yup you're right about that! People will buy it all because it is Apple.

I don't use wired headphones either, so it isn't important to me either I was just talking about people who do still use them. Some people like the direct connection over Bluetooth

Pretty sure that Apple still includes wired earbuds with their latest phones (via a lightning connector), so there is still an option/ability to listen to audio from them via those earbuds. To be honest, I was half expecting the adapter to have been dropped from last year’s releases, so they went a year past what I thought that they would have.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Pretty sure that Apple still includes wired earbuds with their latest phones (via a lightning connector), so there is still an option/ability to listen to audio from them via those earbuds. To be honest, I was half expecting the adapter to have been dropped from last year’s releases, so they went a year past what I thought that they would have.

Well if that's the case then that is good. I am not sure though because I've seen a lot of YouTube reviewers complaining about the dongle being gone from the box.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well if that's the case then that is good. I am not sure though because I've seen a lot of YouTube reviewers complaining about the dongle being gone from the box.

Yeah, they are getting paid to be overly enthused and appalled by devices.
I take what they say with a grain of salt.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR