When you're walking around in Italy and a restaurant has people stand outside trying to get you to come in that's when you know the food isn't great. The restaurants that have great food are the ones that don't resort to that. What you consider "luxury" from other manufacturers is pretty much just trash. They're the ones standing outside trying to entice you to come in because their product doesn't speak for itself.
    Pretty sure the Google 18w charger that gives you 7 hours of usage in a 15 min charge isn't trash. Have you used one?
    10-08-2018 04:09 PM
    Of course they do. Don't you know Apple is a business?
    Wow I had no idea they were business. Thank you for clarifying that!
    10-08-2018 04:10 PM
    Pretty sure the Google 18w charger that gives you 7 hours of usage in a 15 min charge isn't trash. Have you used one?
    The phone that comes with it is trash.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    10-08-2018 04:11 PM
    The phone that comes with it is trash.
    And that's your opinion which is totally fine.
    10-08-2018 04:12 PM
    Well it's the way it is because Apple needs to be greedy and have more money. Perfect example is the headphone dongle. People who bought the X got it included but let's pay the same price and even more (for the Max) and not get an $8 dongle. So now those people who upgraded from a 7 plus need to go buy one if they want to use wired headphones.

I'm not arguing back and forth over this, I just wanted to give my opinion like everyone else is. Some will agree and some won't, that's why these forums exist right?
    I wouldn’t know.
    I don’t do wired headphones. And that dongle was the first thing I lost in a long while. So there’s that.

I’m arguing that it’s not impossible, it costs money and that’s what makes Apple great. They get people to buy their stuff even if they charge more for stuff that’s usually free at their competitors.
    10-08-2018 04:12 PM
    I wouldn’t know.
    I don’t do wired headphones. And that dongle was the first thing I lost in a long while. So there’s that.

I’m arguing that it’s not impossible, it costs money and that’s what makes Apple great. They get people to buy their stuff even if they charge more for stuff that’s usually free at their competitors.
    Yup you're right about that! People will buy it all because it is Apple.

I don't use wired headphones either, so it isn't important to me either I was just talking about people who do still use them. Some people like the direct connection over Bluetooth
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-08-2018 04:15 PM
    Yup you're right about that! People will buy it all because it is Apple.

I don't use wired headphones either, so it isn't important to me either I was just talking about people who do still use them. Some people like the direct connection over Bluetooth
    Pretty sure that Apple still includes wired earbuds with their latest phones (via a lightning connector), so there is still an option/ability to listen to audio from them via those earbuds. To be honest, I was half expecting the adapter to have been dropped from last year’s releases, so they went a year past what I thought that they would have.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-08-2018 04:25 PM
    Pretty sure that Apple still includes wired earbuds with their latest phones (via a lightning connector), so there is still an option/ability to listen to audio from them via those earbuds. To be honest, I was half expecting the adapter to have been dropped from last year’s releases, so they went a year past what I thought that they would have.
    Well if that's the case then that is good. I am not sure though because I've seen a lot of YouTube reviewers complaining about the dongle being gone from the box.
    10-08-2018 04:27 PM
    Well if that's the case then that is good. I am not sure though because I've seen a lot of YouTube reviewers complaining about the dongle being gone from the box.
    Yeah, they are getting paid to be overly enthused and appalled by devices.
    I take what they say with a grain of salt.
    cwbcpa and Rob Phillips like this.
    10-08-2018 04:39 PM
    am not sure though because I've seen a lot of YouTube reviewers complaining about the dongle being gone from the box.
    Well if YouTubers are saying it then it must be a legitimate gripe!

Man, oh, man.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    10-08-2018 04:44 PM
    Yes, the dongle has been removed, BUT, there is still a wired option (lightning earbuds) included with the phones for listening to audio from them.
    popkurn611 likes this.
    10-08-2018 05:49 PM
    Fast charging is a luxury, not a necessity.
    Apple provides you with the necessary brick to charge it.
    If you want charger, you’ll have to get it yourself.
    With millions of devices sold per year, it’s not something I see Apple feeling the need for to include it.
    Especially if you think that even adding a normal charging brick is not even necessary for those who already have an iPhone in use.
    I have like 6 or 7 bricks lying around somewhere in my house and only use two off them, of which one is an iPad charger that I bought myself and a normal charger on my bed stand.
    If I were to resell my iPhone or Apple Watch, I’d simply keep the iPad charger and keep use it.

TLR Apple already has fast chargers for sale, no need to keep including them with each device sold
    $200 Android phones come with fast charging. Actually, I find it difficult to find an Android device that doesn't come with fast charging right out of the box. It's a necessity at this point.
    10-08-2018 07:01 PM
    I can't think of the last time I plugged mine in so USB2.0 is fine for me.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-08-2018 07:04 PM
    $200 Android phones come with fast charging. Actually, I find it difficult to find an Android device that doesn't come with fast charging right out of the box. It's a necessity at this point.
    Yeah, I don't understand how anyone can defend Apple on the charger thing. The USB 2.0 isn't the biggest deal. It's just a cheap move on the charger.
    10-08-2018 07:04 PM
    Yeah, I don't understand how anyone can defend Apple on the charger thing. The USB 2.0 isn't the biggest deal. It's just a cheap move on the charger.
    I know, right? Nobody should ever argue against adding fast charging.
    10-08-2018 07:06 PM
    I know, right? Nobody should ever argue against adding fast charging.
    I challenge you to find somewhere in this thread where someone argued against a fast charger being added to the box.

Reading comprehension goes a long way.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    10-08-2018 07:09 PM
    I challenge you to find somewhere in this thread where someone argued against a fast charger being added to the box.

Reading comprehension goes a long way.
    Page 2:

"Fast charging is a luxury, not a necessity..."

"If you want [fast] charger, you’ll have to get it yourself..."

"With millions of devices sold per year, it’s not something I see Apple feeling the need for to include it..."
    10-08-2018 09:32 PM
    Page 2:

"Fast charging is a luxury, not a necessity..."

"If you want [fast] charger, you’ll have to get it yourself..."

"With millions of devices sold per year, it’s not something I see Apple feeling the need for to include it..."
    Once again: reading comprehension. Nothing there indicates that someone is against it.
    Last edited by BreakingKayfabe; 10-08-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    10-08-2018 10:52 PM
    Once again: reading comprehension. Nothing there indicates that someone is against it.
    And you say I'm the one with reading comprehension problems.
    10-08-2018 11:34 PM
    The two big disappointments I have with Xs are not including a fast charger and not supporting 10W wireless fast charging even when it can be (probably Apple will enable in a future software update).

I have been using Bluetooth headphones for nearly 4 years now - so no headphone jack or lack of a dongle doesn’t bother me.

I literally can’t remember the last time I synced my device with iTunes or plugged into my Mac to transfer content from my iPhone - so USB 2.0 doesn’t bother me.

And, I did not expect them both at all, so it does not affect me at all when purchasing an iPhone. Understand it may be a deal breaker for some and as someone said in this thread, you have other choices!
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-09-2018 12:33 AM
    I can't think of the last time I plugged mine in so USB2.0 is fine for me.
    More or less the same over here except I do plug my phone into my car for CarPlay. It would be convenient to get a faster charge while I’m on the road but it’s not a game changer by any means.
    10-09-2018 05:34 AM
    Spending lots of money on anything not working properly can be frustrating. It took 2 returns on a printer for it to finally work for me and that is frustrating as well. I want a product to work like is should !
    10-09-2018 06:01 PM
72 123