wenrob and one_tech like this.
    09-28-2018 02:15 PM
    There is a lot of "luck" in drops. That isn't to say that the Xs isn't tougher than previous all glass iPhones, particularly the X, just that it takes one unlucky drop for the screen to crack. Having said that, CNet got a similar result in their drop test. OTOH, I have heard at least one popular YouTuber had his Xs crack (I believe a Max) during a drop test.
    09-28-2018 04:12 PM
    That video made me cringe. It bothers me whenever someone drops a phone. Yikes. With that being said, it's impressive that they both survived 7 falls.
    09-28-2018 05:02 PM
    Nope! You shouldn’t feel confident. When you drop things, things break or crack or weaken parts. So, while it didn’t do damage for Jerry, it doesn’t mean it will be the same for others.
    09-28-2018 07:19 PM
    Nope! You shouldn’t feel confident. When you drop things, things break or crack or weaken parts. So, while it didn’t do damage for Jerry, it doesn’t mean it will be the same for others.
    Yep! I still feel like the iPhone Xs is quite durable. I'm not going to cancel my Apple Care, but I still feel better knowing that the iPhone survived all of those nasty drops.
    09-28-2018 07:26 PM
    Gotta say it was pretty impressive to watch! I cringe whenever I watch JerryRig videos on youtube... this one was actually impressive. Thought for sure the un-cased one would break!
    09-28-2018 08:02 PM
    It’s definitely impressive but we’ll have to see what actual real world results are. I know EverythingApplePro did a drop test video and his XS (I think Max) broke before the X.
    LCW likes this.
    09-28-2018 09:16 PM
    Bigger they are the harder they fall...
    Now that's out of way, yeah the MAX is going to take more abuse from the same height. Immutable laws of physics here, no surprise. Drop tests really don't equate to real world experience. Trend is your friend and yes all glass is going to be high(er) risk. Again, stating the obvious if you don't want a cracked phone don't drop it!

I've had the misfortune of shattering a Galaxy S9+ screen from just two feet onto slate floor! And it was in a thin case. It happens all the time. $230 mistake.

A case will definitely protect your phone as these tests show. A while ago someone was dropping phones from 50' onto concrete to show various cases' ability to protect the phones. I'd like to see those done again with all glass phones.

Tempered glass is amazingly strong. However it founders easily if impacted on a tiny area or edge. It will bend and absorb blunt impacts quite well.
    09-29-2018 07:52 AM
    Do not trust such tests - real world is different. And remember in real world there is always Murphy‘s law 🤪🤪
    09-29-2018 08:51 AM