Should I dump the Note 9 for the iPhone Xs Max?

mookie1028

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
I just got the Samsung note 9 and I am returning it after one day of use low volume have missed so many emails its ridicules Samsung expects you to pay 1000 dollors for the phone at lease they could improve on volume I went back to 256gb max

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Samsung note 9 and I am returning it after one day of use low volume have missed so many emails its ridicules Samsung expects you to pay 1000 dollors for the phone at lease they could improve on volume I went back to 256gb max

Good choice. Thanks for getting this thread back on topic.
Guys let's get back on topic. We do have a Xs Max case thread.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
IOS and Android both have their greatness and their lack of for some. I came from Android two yrs ago and I also sold wireless for around 5 yrs in the early 2000’s. I got fed up with the slowness on sending updates and then also having to always reset the phone to make sure the update worked well. I also was involved in the Note 7 debacle and that was just a mess as everyone knows. I am extremely content with Apple and all they do for their customers and how well their products work. I did the full switch from the watch to the iPad. I use the iPad at work so I wasn’t completely blinded on coming over from Android. I prefer Apple and have no regrets on switching over. I do miss some customizations that Android allows but in the two yrs on Apple my issues have been minor. Everything works great and I love my Mac Pro for when I need a laptop and much better than windows 10 and HP. The only thing I like in HP is my wireless printer. LOL. I am not leaving Apple.

Don’t pick Apple just because they have more options for phone cases. It is a very different iOS and if you can’t accept the differences then you will not be happy with it. Just because there are more cases doesn’t mean that is a good reason to make the switch. If you aren’t happy with how Android works then iOS just might be a good fit for you. But for cases? That really isn’t a mature adult reason to make a switch. It is a costly switch. Be sure especially since you can only afford to keep one. I had contemplated switching for quite awhile and the issues with Samsung back then just made it easier for me. Three yrs this coming January and what took me so long. LOL

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Max since release day. Since then, I've been trying to find of a reason to return it for the Note 9, and I can't. Everything that I do on my device works better on the Max, even Google News works better on iOS. I had the Note 9 before the Max but returned it for the light leak problem. While I had the Note 9, it seemed nice but not as refined as the Max. Google News on Android drives me crazy. When I watch the news videos, if I start out in portrait and then decide to go landscape, the world ends, the video stops and then I have to scroll around to find the video again, it's crazy. In Google news, they have a list of videos that you can scroll through on iOS and watch each one. On Android, if you scroll to the next video, the video will stop but the audio plays over the next video. It's things like this that make me want to keep the Max. Gmail is also better on iOS. The only reason I've came up with to try the Note 9 again, is customization of the launcher and keyboard.

I've thought about this everyday since I've had the Max...With the Max, I'm trying to find a reason or an excuse to return it and buy an Android (Note 9 or maybe the Pixel 3). So far, I haven't found anything that makes me want to return the Max. When I had the Note 9, I was trying to find a reason to keep it, and I couldn't so I returned it. So why am I having these crazy thoughts about trying the Note 9 again? Because I'm cazy.

For me it’s all the little things about iOS that add up to make me want to stay put plus I have the  Watch series 4 now and nothing can come close to even touching that on the Android side.

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well me being the weak person I am decided to get a 512GB Space Gray. And a handful of cases as well as an Apple Watch Series 4. Should all arrive this week.

I am a weak weak man.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2