Should I dump the Note 9 for the iPhone Xs Max?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I am a weak, weak man. Got another XS Max after returning the first one. Have a Note 9 but I’m going to sell it. I’m just an Apple iOS guy at heart.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I am a weak, weak man. Got another XS Max after returning the first one. Have a Note 9 but I’m going to sell it. I’m just an Apple iOS guy at heart.

I'm seriously thinking about doing the same.
Just sad that I'll be losing at least 300-400 selling the Note 9.

Last edited:

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
If you take pix in low light you will miss that f1.5 believe me!
And speaking of low light, no phone...NONE! can touch the feature of using the s-pen to remotely control the shutter! Use a tripod mount and long shutter speeds at ISO50 in pro mode and you have ability that NO smartphone has for taking pics. That alone right there is why I would never dump my note! Sounds silly but TBH $1500 (for a phone) is a drop in the bucket compared to what I spend for prime glass. ;)

You can get an Adonit snap for £30. It sicks to the back of your phone case and can be used as a camera shutter button and it works as a stylus. The 1.5 is good but the max takes better photos overall.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Why would you take that kind of hit just to get a different device that's not needed?

I would assume it is simply because he wants an iPhone / iOS. That would be the only thing I can think of. You do the same often as well when you feel the need so why cant he? :p.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Feel your pain that’s a big hit, that’s what pees me off with Samsung even after a few months they just drop quick in value as there is sales everywhere, even from release the the note 9 was on sale here from $1799 512gb for the price of the 128 $1499, and $150 cash back, I would never buy one on release at full price.
Good luck with your choice.

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. Although I would like to try the Max I don't want to try it $4-$500 bad. Lol. I am perfectly happy with my Note 9 and Galaxy Watch. I honestly think I would get bored with the Max. Happened with the 8+ when I bought it among other iPhones. Just can't tinker like you can on Android.

Don't get me wrong, that Apple Watch 4 is sweet looking but like I said I would be tossing away $4-$500 to switch over. Not happening. Good luck with your decision.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem, have been using the Note 9 and Xs Max the last week but decided today that the Note 9 will go back. Will miss the pen and split screen but that is all I will miss