Should I dump the Note 9 for the iPhone Xs Max?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I have the 512GB iPhone XS Max and I'm still trying to decide between keeping that or the 512GB Note 9. Both have their pros and cons and I just can't make up my mind. And before anyone says I should keep both, I can only afford to keep one of them.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Coming from someone that owns both, they are very different phones. The Max is buttery smooth in just about everything it does, but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the Note does. The Max has a slightly larger screen in a slightly smaller frame. Both screens are excellent. Sound has to go to the Max with this years improvements. Customization would obviously go to the Note. Cameras are comparable, although the Note seems to struggle in low light. I took a picture of the moon because you could see Mars in the same frame and I thought it looked cool - I really had to coax the Note into taking a good picture by messing with the pro mode, the Max just snapped a really good picture without having to mess with it at all. Ive actually found case selection to be very comparable - slight edge going to the iPhone for in store selection. On amazon you can find pretty much the same cases for both.

If value is any concern, iPhones hold their value a lot better than the Samsung phones do. Ive already seen like new Note 9s going for the high 600s (128Gb). Thats a $300 drop in price in a matter of weeks.

All that being said, I do enjoy both phones and plan on keeping both. I always have an Android phone sitting around for that change of pace, and its usually a Note.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's more than cases or looks for me. A few apps plus the desktop and mobile integration that have me using the Apple platform.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
As per me I can only advise you to dump it for the 512 GB Max. I am using mine since the release day and will never ever dump it for the dark side :)

I am definitively in favour of my Xs Max.

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen you on AC in a minute. Was wondering if I would see you in here sniffing around. Lol. I have been waffling myself for the past few days. I'm thinking I may pull the trigger tonight and grab me an Apple Watch 4 to go with it. Eventually I will stop spending all this money and settle on one phone/platform. Maybe, lol.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I made the switch bc almost everyone I talk to on the regular is on apple, so iMessage just works out the best for me. I really liked the note 9 but the max is a great phone! I had the X last year and I really wanted a bigger screen so the new Max filled that spot

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I went into a T-Mobile store yesterday to take a look at the Max and it is a very nice phone. The only thing that bothered me was the notch. I couldn't stop looking at it. I had the OP6 and although the notch was smaller it still bothered me constantly. I really really love the Note 9 and everything it brings to the table. I more or less just want to try the Max for a while. I can't keep a phone longer than a few months before I get bored. Financially that isn't a very good habit to get into. Especially when I already have a phone that will do everything I need it too and more. Ugh, I hate everything.

atlas9171

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine ever switching smartphone eco systems just because of case options. If you are happy with the Note 9, you should probably keep it.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Long time iPhone user (since iPhone 1). Got a Note 9 when it came out. Just picked up an iPhone XS Max tonight. Missed iOS and iPhone. Probably going to sell the Note 9.

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I’m a case person too and I jumped from the Note 8. I say do it! Customization vs style. I was in the market for more “girlie” cases and there’s just more accessories for the iPhone.

Oh, I jumped mainly for the Series 4 Apple Watch.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the 512GB iPhone XS Max and I'm still trying to decide between keeping that or the 512GB Note 9. Both have their pros and cons and I just can't make up my mind. And before anyone says I should keep both, I can only afford to keep one of them.

Please let me know what one you decide to keep.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro