LTE and wifi signal issue on my iphone xs max

one_tech

Mar 3, 2018
Visit site
just i buy it today i have issue with wifi signal not full and when i make a video call on facetime the my friend co not see me just see poor connection then the facetime call cut and ended so anyone have this issue

so are this issue hardware or software??

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My Max seems just as good in same places that were marginal cellular and WiFi with my 7 Plus but it's not been a week. Later in the week I'll traveling to a place where cellular quality can be marginal so I look forward to that learning.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
There's many threads like this all over Reddit and on the Mac Rumors forums. Seems like an issue with Verizon iPhones.

I have an unlocked iPhone XS Max with a Verizon SIM and it's has similar download/upload speeds as my unlocked Note 9 with a Verizon SIM.

one_tech

Mar 3, 2018
Visit site
There's many threads like this all over Reddit and on the Mac Rumors forums. Seems like an issue with Verizon iPhones.

I have an unlocked iPhone XS Max with a Verizon SIM and it's has similar download/upload speeds as my unlocked Note 9 with a Verizon SIM.

so its not hardware issue

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Reset your Network Settings. That did the trick on mine. I had restored from my X backup. Seemed a bit slow vs a Note 9 I have. Reset the network settings and bump in speed was noticeable.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I too have a problem. The 5ghz WiFi reception at my house is poor with the XS MAX and the phone either switches to 2.4ghz or to LTE. This does not happen with my iPad and my previous iPhone X. I already reset the network settings and the problem persists.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I need to load Speedtest.net on my wife's 6S Plus to compare the WiFi and AT&T speeds at our house to see which is faster. It does seem the XS Max is slow and it could be the 2.4Ghz and not getting the 5ghz WiFi issue.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
#speedgate

On our 4x4 Wave2 AC wifi system here, I get very nice speeds on my Max. Well over 600Mbps both ways via speedtest app. No complaints there. I have not tested LTE performance (TMobile) yet. I do have a location with superb LTE performance and have clocked nearly 200Mbps down / 45Mbps up on LTE with my X and Note 9. Will have to try the XS Max there to compare.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
A trip to our cabin with the new phone and my former 7 Plus (now my daughter's) show the Verizon XS Max as fine or better.

WiFi might be better at a distance from our neighbor's access point. Same always 2 bars LTE and everything seems speedy.

Hot spot use while on the freeway with 12 in MacBook (not yet Mohave) had times when the Office 365 web apps performance seemed better than ever.

The rest of the trip - camera use, battery life, screen quality - in addition to radio performance has me thinking "best phone ever".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh