Trade in and save big📱:Get an iPhone 11 for free
    I noticed for the first time last night that my phone was having an issue recognizing the charger. I plugged it in with different cords, outlets, restarted the phone and nothing. I moved it upwards then it finally started charging. Today I charged in the car, worked perfectly. Should I be worried and did this happen to anyone else?
    09-25-2018 04:22 PM
    I noticed for the first time last night that my phone was having an issue recognizing the charger. I plugged it in with different cords, outlets, restarted the phone and nothing. I moved it upwards then it finally started charging. Today I charged in the car, worked perfectly. Should I be worried and did this happen to anyone else?
    I would probably just exchange it. That should not be happening.
    09-25-2018 04:38 PM
    What charger? The cord and block that your device came with or a 3rd-party charger (wired or wireless)?
    09-25-2018 04:52 PM
    What charger? The cord and block that your device came with or a 3rd-party charger (wired or wireless)?
    Yea same one the phone came with. Also tried an extra one I had and an iPad charger. But it only happened once so I’m wondering if it’s a software thing
    09-25-2018 05:19 PM
    Yea same one the phone came with. Also tried an extra one I had and an iPad charger. But it only happened once so I’m wondering if it’s a software thing
    I wouldn’t necessarily roll the dice. While it only happened once you mentioned trying different chargers, including the one that came with the device, and even restarting didn’t fix it. If it were a software issue one would think the reboot would have most likely resolved it for you. Key takeaway I took from this was you saying it finally started charging again when you tilted the charger upwards. That tells me there could be a hardware related issue here - best to return and exchange it to be on the safe side.
    09-25-2018 06:16 PM
    This happened to me the first day I had my xs max. It’s happened twice since then.
    09-25-2018 08:28 PM
    Mine has been inconsistent with an Ikea 3 port with Amazon Basics 6 ft cable but then charged with the included Apple cable whether the phone's charger or a current 5k iMac. That combo that's been inconsistent with the phone still charges my bike lights, AirPods and Bose speaker. I'll try another 3rd party Lightening cable before thinking the phone has a problem.
    09-25-2018 09:14 PM
    Looking into this more and comparing other Lightening port devices in the house......

No matter what my XS Max will not charge with one 2 meter non-braided type Amazon Basics cable that charges 7 Plus and iPad. My wife’s braided style Amazon Basics cable the same length charges the new phone.

Most attempts to charge the phone at the lock screen get nothing when other devices start to charge. If the phone is unlocked an Apple brand cable charges it.

Then comes first world problems. I want a reliable longer Lightening cable but then comes the price Apple charges for their own cables along with them not lasting as long the better third party cables have.
    09-30-2018 07:35 AM
    09-30-2018 08:41 AM
    09-30-2018 09:33 AM
    This is a widespread issue. My iPhone XS Max will not charge up if I put the cable into the device when it is asleep. I have to wake the screen in order to get a charge going.
    Speedygi likes this.
    09-30-2018 03:20 PM
    Mine is ok.
    09-30-2018 05:56 PM
    I would certainly report these issues to Apple. They're probably aware by now, but the more that report it, the better.
    Feedback
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphon...bId2=vbim#mn_p
    Speedygi and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-30-2018 07:12 PM
    FWIW, the 12.01 update fixed about anything that didn’t seem right with my new phone.

For charging now I get the expected response when plugging in the Lightening connector and every cable in the house works correctly.
    Spencerdl and tadpoles like this.
    10-13-2018 09:09 AM
    Just curious if this individual did a follow up video since Apple has corrected this minor problem that was blown way out of proportion. If this was an Android issue we still wouldn't know about it and it probably wouldn't get fixed until they released a new device (that's right I sad it). Apple corrects issues faster that any other smartphone brand.
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 10-13-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    TechTs and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-13-2018 09:25 AM
    Just curious if this individual did a follow up video since Apple has corrected this minor problem that was blown way out of proportion. If this was an Android issue we still wouldn't know about it and it probably wouldn't get fixed until the released a new device (that right I sad it). Apple corrects issues faster that any other smartphone brand.
    I never bothered to watch (listen). The silent preview showed more emotion than I wanted. My guess was a software fix would do it, and I was certain Apple would not let a problem with a flagship product and profit center happen and not fix it.

Even premium products can have problems but most truly top tier companies take care of them.
    10-13-2018 12:30 PM
    Just curious if this individual did a follow up video since Apple has corrected this minor problem that was blown way out of proportion. If this was an Android issue we still wouldn't know about it and it probably wouldn't get fixed until the released a new device (that right I sad it). Apple corrects issues faster that any other smartphone brand.
    ...Isn’t his last name Massengill?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-13-2018 02:16 PM
    Just curious if this individual did a follow up video since Apple has corrected this minor problem that was blown way out of proportion. If this was an Android issue we still wouldn't know about it and it probably wouldn't get fixed until they released a new device (that's right I sad it). Apple corrects issues faster that any other smartphone brand.
    I mean, a simple search on his channel reveals that he did, in fact, respond to it:

BTW, not being able to charge up a phone isn't a problem that's blown way out of proportion, especially on devices that cost $1,100+.
    10-14-2018 08:37 PM
    ...Isn’t his last name Massengill?
    That's pretty sexist.
    10-14-2018 08:38 PM
    not being able to charge up a phone isn't a problem that's blown way out of proportion
    Humm, first of all this is a wrong statement. The iPhone Xs/Xs Max (only some) had to be awaken in order to charge, not that it wouldn't charge. However I'm not going back and forth with you. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 10-15-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    ladyc0524, gabbott, nr2d and 1 others like this.
    10-15-2018 06:31 AM
    I mean, a simple search on his channel reveals that he did, in fact, respond to it:

BTW, not being able to charge up a phone isn't a problem that's blown way out of proportion, especially on devices that cost $1,100+.
    Apple resolved that issue pretty quick.
    That issue didn’t happen all the time and it didn’t happen to all devices.
    So yes. I’d call that ‘blown out of proportion’
    10-15-2018 07:33 AM
    If you're using Apple branded charging accessories and this is still happening, I'd talk to Apple about it.
    JHarperStewart likes this.
    10-15-2018 10:11 AM
    Yes he did a follow up.
    10-15-2018 10:20 AM
    If you're using Apple branded charging accessories and this is still happening, I'd talk to Apple about it.
    I agree w/ this. I am using a Anker brick with the Apple lightning to USB-C cord at work to charge w/o issue. At home I just use an iPad brick + Apple cord w/o issue.
    10-15-2018 10:22 AM
    My max has been flawless none of the listed issues at all. Every time apple launches a new device there are issues but apple makes good on all problems.
    10-19-2018 01:43 PM
31 12