I preordered the gold XS 256, received it on Friday, returned it this morning. I thought leaving the plus for the XS would satisfy what i been accustomed to...it was close but not dead on. Its just really difficult to go back down in size, once you’ve had the plus for so long..i digress. Anyway, i didnt like the gold color as much as i thought i would, but i was tired of getting space gray (only color i ever had). Went with the clean look of the silver this year over the stealth look of the SG. Definitely glad I switched before the 14 days were up.
    09-24-2018 11:26 AM
    Enjoy your new device!
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    09-24-2018 11:31 AM
    Enjoy your new device!
    Will do thanks!
    09-24-2018 11:32 AM
    I actually thought about getting the Gold Xs Max for a second ...LOL. Commercials/advertisements will make you do that...(laughing). Enjoy
    09-24-2018 11:34 AM
    I actually thought about getting the Gold Xs Max for a second ...LOL. Commercials/advertisements will make you do that...(laughing).
    Yea i thought by choosing gold it would help differentiate between the X and XS but it wasn’t for me. Its a nice color that looks different from different angles but its more for women imo...no knock against the fellas who got one lol cause i was one for three days lol
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-24-2018 11:37 AM
    I'm a man and I have the gold 512GB iPhone XS Max and I absolutely love the gold color. I had the silver X last year so and the matte black iPhone 7 Plus before that so the gold is different for me. I didn't like the pink hue of the rose gold color so I'm glad Apple actually used gold this time.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    09-24-2018 12:12 PM
    I'm a man and I have the gold 512GB iPhone XS Max and I absolutely love the gold color. I had the silver X last year so and the matte black iPhone 7 Plus before that so the gold is different for me. I didn't like the pink hue of the rose gold color so I'm glad Apple actually used gold this time.
    No shade at all, it just didnt meet my expectations..even though i will say this gold is the best yet. And for me, I typically rock apple cases so the color is not a huge dealbreaker for me either way
    09-24-2018 12:16 PM
    Good to know you're happy with the results.

I miss finger as credentials but am getting used to the phone but am getting used to it. I also miss the all black matte anodized feel but am getting used to the Max. I am totally pleased with the white model via not as white as earlier, the natural finish, and the way it's still a black phone when the screen is off.

Overall I'm glad there's such variety.

Stan Jackson likes this.
    09-24-2018 12:17 PM
    No shade at all, it just didnt meet my expectations..even though i will say this gold is the best yet. And for me, I typically rock apple cases so the color is not a huge dealbreaker for me either way
    No problems here. We all like what we like.

I use cases too so color isn't all that important to me either. Truth be told, I only got the gold color because that was the only color option available at the time at Best Buy. But I see now my local Best Buy has the space gray 512GB XS Max in stock and now I kinda wish I waited a few days. C'est la vie.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    09-24-2018 12:21 PM
    No problems here. We all like what we like.

I use cases too so color isn't all that important to me either. Truth be told, I only got the gold color because that was the only color option available at the time at Best Buy. But I see now my local Best Buy has the space gray 512GB XS Max in stock and now I kinda wish I waited a few days. C'est la vie.
    Its all good, that gold is the newest color way and it looks classy as hell imo
    Mr Segundus likes this.
    09-24-2018 12:22 PM
    even though i will say this gold is the best yet
    Humm, I beg the difference. I think the Gold on the 5s was the best iPhone gold color...LOL
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    09-24-2018 12:34 PM
    I actually thought about getting the Gold Xs Max for a second ...LOL. Commercials/advertisements will make you do that...(laughing). Enjoy
    Derrick, in this moment you were sick I believe Only space gray and black counts
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-24-2018 03:48 PM
    Derrick, in this moment you were sick I believe Only space gray and black counts
    LOL...Yes, I was a little sick...(laughing)
    judgetom likes this.
    09-24-2018 04:06 PM
    I preordered the gold XS 256, received it on Friday, returned it this morning. I thought leaving the plus for the XS would satisfy what i been accustomed to...it was close but not dead on. Its just really difficult to go back down in size, once you’ve had the plus for so long..i digress. Anyway, i didnt like the gold color as much as i thought i would, but i was tired of getting space gray (only color i ever had). Went with the clean look of the silver this year over the stealth look of the SG. Definitely glad I switched before the 14 days were up.
    When I decide to upgrade, I will go with either the SG or Silver. The Gold is an absolute no go for me. SG was a lock because there is no real case limitations (almost all work with it) that come with it but the more I see the XS Max Silver the more I start leaning towards it lol. It looks classy! In any event, congrats on the device - enjoy it!
    Spencerdl and Stan Jackson like this.
    09-24-2018 04:54 PM
    When I decide to upgrade, I will go with either the SG or Silver. The Gold is an absolute no go for me. SG was a lock because there is no real case limitations (almost all work with it) that come with it but the more I see the XS Max Silver the more I start leaning towards it lol. It looks classy! In any event, congrats on the device - enjoy it!
    Yea i been eyeing that silver since the X so i pulled the trigger lol..thanks!
    09-24-2018 05:11 PM
    I had SGX then the SX, now SGMAX, i prefer the SG with the black apple leather case, other than that no different.

On another subject just can't call it the XS Max, its just MAX to me, lol.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-24-2018 05:43 PM
    Yea not sure which color i will pick but the apple leather case is next
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-24-2018 05:44 PM
    Kind of odd that gold is associated with women for phones. Men have been wearing gold jewelry forever and no one has called gold girly until now.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    09-24-2018 07:55 PM
    Kind of odd that gold is associated with women for phones. Men have been wearing gold jewelry forever and no one has called gold girly until now.
    I think because phones are electronics and the color could be like an accessory? So typically, girls would choose flashy colors? And men would opt for the basic black or some dark color? Idk its weird cause i like gold jewelry and have worn it for years
    09-24-2018 07:59 PM
    I think because phones are electronics and the color could be like an accessory? So typically, girls would choose flashy colors? And men would opt for the basic black or some dark color? Idk its weird cause i like gold jewelry and have worn it for years
    Now, rose gold is girly and each color has its own issues.

I got gold and it’s pretty flashy for me so I had to tone it down with a carbon fiber case. The white one has too much silver chrome and reminds me of a 70’s Cadillac, and the black one has no personality. I would still choose any of the three over an other brand.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    09-24-2018 08:05 PM
    Glad to hear you’re happy with your decision. I myself wanted the gold and I’m still enjoying it. I had the silver X last year, it’s definitely nice to have color options now without having to deal with a white face plate.
    09-24-2018 08:35 PM
    Now, rose gold is girly and each color has its own issues.

I got gold and it’s pretty flashy for me so I had to tone it down with a carbon fiber case. The white one has too much silver chrome and reminds me of a 70’s Cadillac, and the black one has no personality. I would still choose any of the three over an other brand.
    Oh yea absolutely. Once my apple leather case is on, u cant tell anyway really.
    ladyc0524 and Spencerdl like this.
    09-24-2018 09:02 PM