Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
On bedside tables
https://www.klipxtreme.com/us_en/kma-850

On my desk and near TV on Patio outdoors

https://www.argomtech.com/products/fast-wireless-charging-pad

In second bedroom on nightstand. 'Zens' single charger

'Fantasy' $10 Chargers ( ie real cheap) 'binned' as 2 of 3 failed within a week

I retired the Belkin Boost-Up as it as quite large for a small table and very picky about placement of the phone to charge. It was also getting warm and making the phone warm when charging.

Many devices here in the Caribbean are brands one would never see in the US, Canada or the UK - or on Amazon -, Most of ours are Asian, Zens is I believe from Holland

Last edited:

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I haven’t tried a wireless charger since I’ve had my phone. You’re going to make me go purchase another gadget I truly don’t need. Lol!!!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I was a bit late to the table with this as there is always a lag in the arrival to market of newer technology here where we live in the tropics. My wife has had her 8Plus since March 2018 and we did get the Belkin charger for her later that spring ( while visiting the US) but it was somewhat unreliable. ( very hard to correctly place the phone for charging, which got worse & worse,) and a bit large for a bedside table. We had put it away & went back to cable charging. By the time I got my 8Plus earlier this year there had been a maturing of the market and more choices ( & better prices) locally for QI chargers so I persevered a bit because the convenience is well worth it. Charging speed is not really that important as phones usually last long enough that overnight is as good a time as any to charge and slower charging is more battery friendly all round. Prices now, when one applies the $ conversion., are still higher than in bigger countries but not excessively so. We haven't looked back and it's nice not having to deal with tangles of cables wherever we leave the phones. Haven't found any disadvantages yet. Let us know how you make out once it becomes part of your routine....

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So I tried to buy the Nomad  watch wireless charging pad but the thing has been on back order since April I believe and when I did order it they immediately charged me which I don’t like.

Then one of my friends who ordered it back in May said he still hadn’t received it then I knew I had to cancel it which is a shame since it’s the nicest one that I found.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info and photos. I'm still not sure. I do like the Samsung Qi wireless fast charger that has the ability to lay flat and on an angle for viewing. So far my first Samsung Wireless Fast Charger has done nothing but impress me with the convenience of not plugging in while topping off. It fits perfectly on my portable desk.

I have a flat Samsung but I think I might like an angle too....

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it has something to do with the actual size of the charging coil within, but many chargers seem very sensitive to the positioning of the phone, and even a slight move can cause charging to cease. The Original Belkin Boost-Up was very much that way and all indications to me were that although the charge surface itself was larger than many, somply placing the phone had to be done meticulously for consistent results. Other models & brands less so....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR