Sell me on Apple Leather Case

BassSoLow

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I know it’s an older thread, but definitely a fan of the leather cases. They last really well and age nicely. They have protected my iphones very well too.

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
The Apple leather cases always feel premium, but this time around they feel even better. I can't explain it, but just touch the ones the Apple store has on display. I've had them on my phone since the iPhone 6s Plus. I know this is a materialistic and shallow reason for owning one, but I feel good knowing people know I'm using an Apple leather case with the Apple logo debossed on the back.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The Apple leather cases always feel premium, but this time around they feel even better. I can't explain it, but just touch the ones the Apple store has on display. I've had them on my phone since the iPhone 6s Plus. I know this is a materialistic and shallow reason for owning one, but I feel good knowing people know I'm using an Apple leather case with the Apple logo debossed on the back.

Lol

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I'm the opposite, I would prefer not having the logo on the back. I do agree, though, that they did something different with the finish this time; I mentioned it earlier in the thread. It makes the phone much easier to hold, and feels better, when the case is new.

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm the opposite, I would prefer not having the logo on the back. I do agree, though, that they did something different with the finish this time; I mentioned it earlier in the thread. It makes the phone much easier to hold, and feels better, when the case is new.
I don't mind the Apple logo. I'm usually not a fan of logos, which is why I stay away from most cases since most case companies want their logos featured on their cases. I'm okay with certain logos, though. For example, I'm fine with the logos Benito and Ozaki use. As much as I want to get a Simply Carbon Fiber case, I can't stand their logo. It looks like they're trying too hard to be cool. Their logo looks like they're stuck in the late 90s.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don’t want to start a new thread. But this is why you should have insurance on your devices.
The Apple case, does not protect the phone from drops.
I dropped my phone at work, it survived so I thought.
When I looked at the back of the phone. It is damaged by the camera, the glass shattered somewhat.
My boss is telling me to bring it to Apple, and they will give me a new phone.
I told him I doubt that, I don’t have insurance on it, so I am probably sunk.
This isn’t a rant, I am just sick that my month old phone is already damaged.
As much as I don’t like the Otterbox, I’ll have to start using it again to a avoid this happening again.
In the meantime, I’ll call the Apple Store and see what they tell me my options are.
45cd571d3936dc4350465a9a6dc415b2.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don’t want to start a new thread. But this is why you should have insurance on your devices.
The Apple case, does not protect the phone from drops.
I dropped my phone at work, it survived so I thought.
When I looked at the back of the phone. It is damaged by the camera, the glass shattered somewhat.
My boss is telling me to bring it to Apple, and they will give me a new phone.
I told him I doubt that, I don’t have insurance on it, so I am probably sunk.
This isn’t a rant, I am just sick that my month old phone is already damaged.
As much as I don’t like the Otterbox, I’ll have to start using it again to a avoid this happening again.
In the meantime, I’ll call the Apple Store and see what they tell me my options are. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181020/45cd571d3936dc4350465a9a6dc415b2.jpg

Honestly, I've dropped my iPhone several times over the years with Apple Leather cases on and I have never had any damage. I guess you must dropped it just right to incur that kind of damage. I've also seen iPhones that was dropped with no cases and didn't get that sorta damage. I'm also curious about the distance of a dropped that incurred that much damage?

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I've dropped my iPhone several times over the years with Apple Leather cases on and I have never had any damage. I guess you must dropped it just right to incur that kind of damage. I've also seen iPhones that was dropped with no cases and didn't get that sorta damage. I'm also curious about the distance of a dropped that incurred that much damage?

I totally agree. I mean dont get me wrong im not throwing the phone around recklessly (not saying u were either) but i have had no issues. And just like u said, there have been damage to iPhones that were dropped with no case at all so, the drop must’ve been a pedect hit🤷🏽*♂️

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

As much as I love the case, in all honesty, it doesn’t offer much shock protection.
It was in my pocket, and it must have obviously hit the corner when it dropped.
It is what is, my carelessness, I can call Apple. But they will give me the same answer Verizon did.
It will still call out of curiosity to see what the cost to repair it would be, if they could repair the back glass.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
As much as I love the case, in all honesty, it doesn’t offer much shock protection.
It was in my pocket, and it must have obviously hit the corner when it dropped.
It is what is, my carelessness, I can call Apple. But they will give me the same answer Verizon did.
It will still call out of curiosity to see what the cost to repair it would be, if they could repair the back glass.

I believe the ticket to repair the back glass is like $5-700 bucks

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Yeah but we all have glass phones now, big difference when it hits the turf lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73