Sell me on Apple Leather Case

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
There is a reviewer that does 50' drop tests and dropped the X in a leather case. It fell exactly face down. He had a tempered glass screen protector and that was destroyed. Peeled it back and the display and glass was 100% unharmed! The overlapping edge of the leather was chewed up as expected. I was impressed at that one.

Of course, if it fell on the edge it would have been a different story altogether. Fortunately, most drops aren't from over 5' let alone 50'!

I like the feel of the leather case. It's weird having the bottom open. I get it, in order to have that covered and have enough room for the lightning connector means the surrounding material is really thin. And that's why they tend to break off. Thick cases like the otterbox ones have enough material to be sturdy enough.

seven30

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Do the leather cases get as grippy as the silicone after some use? I’m almost convinced I need one after reading this thread. They look great on the phone.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Thats the first I’ve heard of that. Typically the leather ages better.

The leather cases change colour over time and show scratches as. Scuffs.

None of the silicone case from Apple I’ve used have ever gotten dirty or shown marks.

However it just depends on what you prefer.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
After a week or so with my Apple leather case. I agree, it’s minimalistic, and I am happy with my purchase.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I wish they would release the storm gray case for the Max. I don’t always use a case but that is the color I like best. For now I have the black leather.