Sell me on Apple Leather Case

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I got a better quality Apple Leather case this time, but normally it takes about a week for the slipperiness to wear off. This time it took about three days or maybe I was just holding this iPhone MAX more. I do believe my break in period is complete.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Don’t care for Apple leather. Too slick. Much better alternatives for the $50 you’ll spend. Personally I like the Apple silicone more, if it has to be to be OEM.

They seem to have improved the leather cases, at least for the Xs Max -- mine was not slick at all when I bought it. And, as others stated, the slickness of my previous Apple leather cases wore off quickly .

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's got a nice feel and it lasts. That's how I would introduce someone to this case . But be prepared to pay a premium for it .

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I used the OtterBox Commuter on my 6s Plus for over 2 years. I liked it. It felt good and was great protection. I switched to the Apple leather case and like it too. It feels nice, but doesn't offer as much protection as the OtterBox. When I get around to buying the XS Max, it will be in an OtterBox.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I used the OtterBox Commuter on my 6s Plus for over 2 years. I liked it. It felt good and was great protection. I switched to the Apple leather case and like it too. It feels nice, but doesn't offer as much protection as the OtterBox. When I get around to buying the XS Max, it will be in an OtterBox.

I had a Otterbox Commuter for my 7 Plus and used it for my outdoor activities. A lot more bulky than the Apple Leather but more security in certain situations. Nice case, but my Apple leather is far more comfortable for everyday normal activities.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I had a Otterbox Commuter for my 7 Plus and used it for my outdoor activities. A lot more bulky than the Apple Leather but more security in certain situations. Nice case, but my Apple leather is far more comfortable for everyday normal activities.

I was told at the Apple store that these cases have drop tested thousands of times! Was shocked when i heard that. But yea, i have never had any damage while using Apple cases.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was told at the Apple store that these cases have drop tested thousands of times! Was shocked when i heard that. But yea, i have never had any damage while using Apple cases.

Keep in mind the Apple store is a business trying to sell their products. Don't believe everything they say....LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind the Apple store is a business trying to sell their products. Don't believe everything they say....LOL

I bet in all those tests, they didn't drop it face down. One can't tell a lot from those controlled tests. All the case makers say the same thing about their drop tests. LOL

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Dont get me wrong, I totally understand its their job to sell but i was already making the purchase anyway lol. I just thought it was cool to know that (real or not) lol

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I really like Sena's Italian Leather cases, but there were out out in time for the Xs-Max, and I am not sure they're out now. Now that I have the Apple Leather, even though I love Sena, they lost a sale by the long delay. Oh well.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I really like Sena's Italian Leather cases, but there were out out in time for the Xs-Max, and I am not sure they're out now. Now that I have the Apple Leather, even though I love Sena, they lost a sale by the long delay. Oh well.

I like Sena Italian Leather Cases as well. I had one for my 5s and really liked it.