Sell me on Apple Leather Case

gadget22

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the max, and currently a otterbox symmetry, but I'm starting to want a leather Apple Case. I'm just a little skepitical because the bottom is open and i try to keep my phone in prestine condition and really don't want scratches on the bottom. All help is appreciated.....

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It will scratch at the bottom or ark least show wear.

I've been using the Apple () Leather cases since my 6 Plus and this has never happened. I guess it really depends on how you treat your devices, but the Apple Leather cases are not designed to be in a construction area or that type of similar lifestyle.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, the Apple Leather cases are the best cases each year for the iPhone. Initially they feel a little slippery, but after a few days that wears off and feels great in the hand. After a few weeks a nice patina starts to develop and the case only gets better with time.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Several phones and now Max phone have had the leather cases. An out of pocket on to street fall while riding a bike did wreck one case but no phone damage.

I do expect the stainless steel to show micro scratches any of many SS items I've had show it but that's fine.

For me nothing else has that combo of easy to use phone naked, phone protection, feels good, and looks good. I will say one red and one saddle colored leather case have kept the majority of them black.

If you also use the phone naked, the leather edges hold up better than the silicone case edges.

They're not for everyone. Sorry to sound snooty here but they have a decent look as well as feel. Unlike so many cases they don't take the well designed phone and make it look or feel ugly and low grade.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Personally, I tend to always buy the same four cases. An apple Leather, apple silicon, otter box defender, and a rhinoshield crashguard. I almost always end up full time in the rhinoshield crashguard.

The apple leather case is super nice, it holds up really well. Personally the silicon cases tend to chip away around the edges but apple warranties their cases for a year so any problems I just bring it in and swap it out. It’s a win win for me.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It will scratch at the bottom or at least show wear.

That has never been my experience. The lip on the corners and the back edge of the bottom have always done a great job protecting my iPhones. Furthermore, the open bottom edge makes it much easier to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. I have large hands so that's a major consideration for me.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
When I remove a screen protector I see wear aprons the sensor array cause the protector isn’t there. On the bottom of my phone I see a difference where it isn’t covered. I like the case and only get cases that don’t interfere with swiping but the apple case does leave portions of the ss unorotected from everyday in pocket damage. This isn’t my phone but I have similar scratches. Not a big deal to most but it is for me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Two years with Apple  Leather case on my iPhone Jet Black 7 Plus...
e4333a1b42f9e522e9fb159cce8c816a.jpg

In and out of my pockets, a couple of drops and just plain old every day usage. No problems with scratches in the open bottom area. Once again, I guess it depends on how you treat your devices.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have had a few leather cases from apple and no issues what so ever! I have never had any scratches or damage due to the bottom being open.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If you're not sold by holding one, then nothing will sell you. I've bought one for my device since they started selling them. That's the one case I will always purchase. They are sleek, well designed, polished and give the device a more "mature" look, imo. I definitely enjoy mine. They add just enough protection for those of us who aren't hard on our devices and drop them often. The extra lip is just enough to protect it but not too much to make it bulky. Yes, the bottom is open but again, if you are cautious enough with your device this isn't an issue. A few years back Apple switched from the raised leather design on the volume buttons to metal and that really set the case apart in my opinion. A must purchase for me.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
If you're not sold by holding one, then nothing will sell you. I've bought one for my device since they started selling them. That's the one case I will always purchase. They are sleek, well designed, polished and give the device a more "mature" look, imo. I definitely enjoy mine. They add just enough protection for those of us who aren't hard on our devices and drop them often. The extra lip is just enough to protect it but not too much to make it bulky. Yes, the bottom is open but again, if you are cautious enough with your device this isn't an issue. A few years back Apple switched from the raised leather design on the volume buttons to metal and that really set the case apart in my opinion. A must purchase for me.

Well said

Jerome86

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Apple () Leather cases since my 6 Plus and this has never happened. I guess it really depends on how you treat your devices, but the Apple Leather cases are not designed to be in a construction area or that type of similar lifestyle.

I been using Apple leather for over a year with no issues. So got another one for my Max. Also have a port plug so if it hit the raise space may avoid contact.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Another happy Apple leather case user here. My wife and I have been using them since the iPhone 6 or 6s, I can’t remember. Through several drops I’ve never had a damaged device and that runs the course of the 6s, 6s plus, 7 plus, 8 plus, iPhone X, and now I’ve got one on my iPhone Xs Max. I don’t see myself ever using another case and I’ve never had scratches on the bottom of the phone. Highest recommendation from me.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I love the Apple leather and the silicone. I like to have one of each. I also like to have a clear case.
The leather is absolutely the best though and I haven’t had any problems with scratches. But I’m also not hard on phones and have a desk job. So there’s your lifestyle to consider.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Another happy Apple leather case user here. My wife and I have been using them since the iPhone 6 or 6s, I can’t remember. Through several drops I’ve never had a damaged device and that runs the course of the 6s, 6s plus, 7 plus, 8 plus, iPhone X, and now I’ve got one on my iPhone Xs Max. I don’t see myself ever using another case and I’ve never had scratches on the bottom of the phone. Highest recommendation from me.

Ditto

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
My last three iPhones have all been in Apple leather cases. I stopped riding the carousel of cases once I realized how perfect they were. Slick for the first couple of days, but after that break-in period you never know it's there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice