Meh.

I'm only holding out until the Nomad Rugged Leather Case comes out for the iPhone XS Max.
    I had two nomad cases for my 8+ and their ok. You dont get the lip i was expecting and the bottom where the ports are wore out extremely fast and broke off
    10-01-2018 08:29 AM
    I used the OtterBox Commuter on my 6s Plus for over 2 years. I liked it. It felt good and was great protection. I switched to the Apple leather case and like it too. It feels nice, but doesn't offer as much protection as the OtterBox. When I get around to buying the XS Max, it will be in an OtterBox.
    LCW likes this.
    10-01-2018 08:46 AM
    I used the OtterBox Commuter on my 6s Plus for over 2 years. I liked it. It felt good and was great protection. I switched to the Apple leather case and like it too. It feels nice, but doesn't offer as much protection as the OtterBox. When I get around to buying the XS Max, it will be in an OtterBox.
    I had a Otterbox Commuter for my 7 Plus and used it for my outdoor activities. A lot more bulky than the Apple Leather but more security in certain situations. Nice case, but my Apple leather is far more comfortable for everyday normal activities.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    10-01-2018 08:52 AM
    I had a Otterbox Commuter for my 7 Plus and used it for my outdoor activities. A lot more bulky than the Apple Leather but more security in certain situations. Nice case, but my Apple leather is far more comfortable for everyday normal activities.
    I was told at the Apple store that these cases have drop tested thousands of times! Was shocked when i heard that. But yea, i have never had any damage while using Apple cases.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-01-2018 08:57 AM
    I was told at the Apple store that these cases have drop tested thousands of times! Was shocked when i heard that. But yea, i have never had any damage while using Apple cases.
    Keep in mind the Apple store is a business trying to sell their products. Don't believe everything they say....LOL
    Ledsteplin and Stan Jackson like this.
    10-01-2018 08:59 AM
    Keep in mind the Apple store is a business trying to sell their products. Don't believe everything they say....LOL
    I bet in all those tests, they didn't drop it face down. One can't tell a lot from those controlled tests. All the case makers say the same thing about their drop tests. LOL
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-01-2018 10:27 AM
    Dont get me wrong, I totally understand its their job to sell but i was already making the purchase anyway lol. I just thought it was cool to know that (real or not) lol
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-01-2018 10:31 AM
    Dont get me wrong, I totally understand its their job to sell but i was already making the purchase anyway lol. I just thought it was cool to know that (real or not) lol
    They also tell that Belkin and Mophie is the best....LOL
    10-01-2018 10:34 AM
    I really like Sena's Italian Leather cases, but there were out out in time for the Xs-Max, and I am not sure they're out now. Now that I have the Apple Leather, even though I love Sena, they lost a sale by the long delay. Oh well.
    10-01-2018 12:38 PM
    I really like Sena's Italian Leather cases, but there were out out in time for the Xs-Max, and I am not sure they're out now. Now that I have the Apple Leather, even though I love Sena, they lost a sale by the long delay. Oh well.
    I like Sena Italian Leather Cases as well. I had one for my 5s and really liked it.
    Craig and joemd60 like this.
    10-01-2018 11:40 PM
    There is a reviewer that does 50' drop tests and dropped the X in a leather case. It fell exactly face down. He had a tempered glass screen protector and that was destroyed. Peeled it back and the display and glass was 100% unharmed! The overlapping edge of the leather was chewed up as expected. I was impressed at that one.

Of course, if it fell on the edge it would have been a different story altogether. Fortunately, most drops aren't from over 5' let alone 50'!

I like the feel of the leather case. It's weird having the bottom open. I get it, in order to have that covered and have enough room for the lightning connector means the surrounding material is really thin. And that's why they tend to break off. Thick cases like the otterbox ones have enough material to be sturdy enough.
    10-06-2018 01:24 PM
    Do the leather cases get as grippy as the silicone after some use? I’m almost convinced I need one after reading this thread. They look great on the phone.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    10-06-2018 01:47 PM
    Do the leather cases get as grippy as the silicone after some use? I’m almost convinced I need one after reading this thread. They look great on the phone.
    They sure do.
    seven30 likes this.
    10-06-2018 02:24 PM
    I prefer the silicone cases because they have a better grip and wear better.
    10-06-2018 02:30 PM
    I prefer the silicone cases because they have a better grip and wear better.
    Thats the first I’ve heard of that. Typically the leather ages better.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-06-2018 03:27 PM
    Yup... silicone ends up looking dirty and nasty, with shinny spots where you grab it most often.
    10-06-2018 04:35 PM
    The leather cases change colour over time and show scratches as. Scuffs.

None of the silicone case from Apple I’ve used have ever gotten dirty or shown marks.

However it just depends on what you prefer.
    10-06-2018 04:46 PM
    Me so leathery! You buy! Fifty dollah! Me last you long time! So smooth!
    LCW likes this.
    10-06-2018 04:52 PM
    I actually find silicone case too grippy . I have a brand new one and never use it ,only Apple leather .
    LCW likes this.
    10-06-2018 04:55 PM
    Me so leathery! You buy! Fifty dollah! Me last you long time! So smooth!
    LOL!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣
    Last edited by LCW; 10-06-2018 at 11:20 PM.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    10-06-2018 09:57 PM
    LOL!!!!!!!!
    Lmao
    LCW likes this.
    10-06-2018 09:58 PM
    I have a leather case on my 8 plus. It’s a bit slick, but does have a nice feel to it.
    wilber1 and Spencerdl like this.
    10-06-2018 10:10 PM
    I have a leather case on my 8 plus. It’s a bit slick, but does have a nice feel to it.
    The slickness should wear off and then it will become a comfortable grip and feel.
    Stan Jackson and joemd60 like this.
    10-07-2018 02:36 PM
    How is everyone posting pics? I can’t anymore via the app or Tapatalk.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    10-07-2018 03:05 PM
    How is everyone posting pics? I can’t anymore via the app or Tapatalk.
    Same here?!🤷🏽*♂️
    10-07-2018 03:06 PM
114 12345