XS Max battery blows away the top Android phones

briareos4

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/c06HoSJdDjo

Great comparison/battery drain test against the Note 9, OnePlus6, iPhone X, and iPhone XS.

We’ve always known real world iPhone usage is better than any android phone due to the efficient idle drain, but muscle tests like these have never been kind to iphones when comparing them to android phones with big batteries. But now we have 2 iPhones that can even win these artificial endurance tests.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Nice video but I would hope the iphone with a much lower resolution display would last longer than androids pushing much higher pixel counts.

briareos4

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Nice video but I would hope the iphone with a much lower resolution display would last longer than androids pushing much higher pixel counts.

Unfortunately, no. If you watch any older battery tests like these, iPhones always lost, especially the lower resolution ones like the 8+ or 7+.

In this video the YouTuber made it a point to make the resolutions on the Note and OnePlus relatively equal to the iPhones.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. If you watch any older battery tests like these, iPhones always lost, especially the lower resolution ones like the 8+ or 7+.

In this video the YouTuber made it a point to make the resolutions on the Note and OnePlus relatively equal to the iPhones.

I understand what happened in the past, was just saying that pushing a lower resolution (I know they tried to keep it the same) on a smaller screened device should last longer. Good to see apple finally catching up.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The Samsung fanboys would still argue. But I don’t care. I left Sammy two yrs ago. Very impressed still

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Battery life varies so much between users from one device to another in the real world that I always take these "battery test" like a grain of salt. I'm personally coming from a two year old 7 plus so my battery life on my MAX better be impressive, not to mention I'm a Moderator on three different sites and my devices are non stop, however I am impressed with the battery life of my MAX.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Battery life varies so much between users from one device to another in the real world that I always take these "battery test" like a grain of salt. I'm personally coming from a two year old 7 plus so my battery life on my MAX better be impressive, not to mention I'm a Moderator on three different sites and my devices are non stop, however I am impressed with the battery life of my MAX.

Agree. It’s nearly impossible to compare devices with all the variables.
People get too hung up on these supposed tests. It’s mostly for fanboys to argue about. It’s up to the user to decide.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Android devices as a rule of thumb use more power then Apple devices do so the comparision is not accurate between the two. As long as my phone lasts all day is the only thing that I care about.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Everyones mileage varies by device, os and daily use. I found my X would suck a lot more battery one day vs the next with little difference in use.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the Exynos 512GB dual SIM Note 9. I will root once development becomes more established. If it's like my Exynos S9+, I suspect battery life will be king! Even out of the box, battery life is impressive. My 512GB Max was at 25% this AM with just under 6 hours OST. Not bad for iOS 12.1b1. I suspect it will improve.

Talking with folks in line at the Apple Store and sharing battery experiences I'm surprised that both of my 8+ and X (the latter was acquired on release day, 03 Nov) reported 99% battery capacity. Most other folks were in the low to mid 90s and one lady showed hers at 84% and she got hers in December! Could be that I rarely let my battery drop below 40-50% on a daily basis and use a standard (non fast) wireless charger. 9 1/2 months of use and 16% wear level is kind of scary for a X don't you think?

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the Exynos 512GB dual SIM Note 9. I will root once development becomes more established. If it's like my Exynos S9+, I suspect battery life will be king! Even out of the box, battery life is impressive. My 512GB Max was at 25% this AM with just under 6 hours OST. Not bad for iOS 12.1b1. I suspect it will improve.

Talking with folks in line at the Apple Store and sharing battery experiences I'm surprised that both of my 8+ and X (the latter was acquired on release day, 03 Nov) reported 99% battery capacity. Most other folks were in the low to mid 90s and one lady showed hers at 84% and she got hers in December! Could be that I rarely let my battery drop below 40-50% on a daily basis and use a standard (non fast) wireless charger. 9 1/2 months of use and 16% wear level is kind of scary for a X don't you think?

I started having weird battery issues with my X before I sold it. It said it still had 100% capacity, but life kept getting shorter. We're talking used to be able to get home from work with 70ish percent, going to coming home with 50% most recently. It was the oddest behavior I've ever had with an iPhone.

ScottsoNJ

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
https://youtu.be/c06HoSJdDjo

Great comparison/battery drain test against the Note 9, OnePlus6, iPhone X, and iPhone XS.

We’ve always known real world iPhone usage is better than any android phone due to the efficient idle drain, but muscle tests like these have never been kind to iphones when comparing them to android phones with big batteries. But now we have 2 iPhones that can even win these artificial endurance tests.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...x-beats-iphone-xs-xs-max-in-battery-life-test

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234