This phone is INCREDIBLE

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the note 9. It doesn’t even come close.

I think from now on it’s safe to say to also ignore most review websites. Everyone who said this wasn’t really an upgrade. Are you kidding me ? Every single thing is an upgrade

It’s faster.
Larger and better screen
Better sound
Better camera
Better battery
Better Face ID unlock
Larger storage.

Literally every component is an upgrade. I’m glad I got it this is a SUPER PHONE

I agree with this. I have the same 512GG MAX GOLD and absolutely love it. It’s very fast but can’t say way faster than the X. THE scReen is gorgeous though.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My perspective. I'm an IT director so I'm around the phones at scale and have been using mobile phones since the 1980s.

Starting with 6S Plus I felt the smart phone was getting where I wanted it to be with 7 Plus and the Max getting the concept fully buffed and polished.

I know and see some go from flip phones or early smart phones and for them it's quite a revolution. To some who follow it like a hobby they see some revolutions. It is a revolution when I consider my history with the technology and 7 Plus on traveling without a dedicated camera, camcorder or Kindle.

It's all so good that I'm sure I'd be happy without the stainless steel or OLED display but dual cameras are very important for me.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I do notice that Face ID is noticeably faster. There were times with my X that it would take upwards of a couple seconds to unlock and sometimes just completely fail. But with this one it is really snappy. So far so good. Though I’ve only been using the phone now for about 5 hours total.

I’m not even aware of the Face ID doing its thing when I pick up the phone. I do see it for literally a second when opening apps. Instantaneous.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
At 8 days, lots of use, some travel, and more than my daily business use I can say it is incredible at best and a great example of product evolution or maturity at worst.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The Max feels very luxurious, screen is very clear, speakers are loud, audio output quality is superb and is lightning fast too! I am love it so far!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
With some more time and the 12.01 update, I can say anything that didn’t seem right is fine now. The obvious one was plugging in for a charge and inconsistent behavior with some of our cables.

If I can be critical I will say the phone’s price puts it in the class of products where you have diminishing returns as you spend. Some I know think it (price) is crazy but stepping back I see we have big differences as far as our professions and lifestyles. I can rationalize it and appreciate the features because I’m the senior IT administrator and a leader in a place with 700+ employees that never closes.

Even though this has a tool vs toy aspect for me I work with corporate vendors who have 7 and 8 Plus models deployed to them and they get the job done to. So would my 7 Plus. My guess is the XR will solve a nice upgrade that won’t be in the premium or boutique category.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
For me it’s the hardware that is paired to the software. Samsung could make the greatest hardware in the world. It still won’t have software made specifically for it or apps made specifically for it.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I sold my X, AW2, iPad 2018 and got a Max and AW4 Cellular, after tax back cost me about $600AUD out of pocket. Also a tax write off.
Was way worth it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Also too why fix what isn’t broke. I can’t write it off tax wise. Lol. I don’t want to sell my ipadPro or anything to get the max. I really do still love my 8+ and in the product red. It runs great. Just not happy with ios12 and hope now that the update to 12.1 is downloaded I will be happy again.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got a good enough price on my 8+ on Swappa I did not mind buying the XS-Max. I really feel that losing all the cases and unused tempered glass protectors adds up to a bigger hit. For once I would like to to upgrade and still use my cases.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
got a good enough price on my 8+ on Swappa I did not mind buying the XS-Max. I really feel that losing all the cases and unused tempered glass protectors adds up to a bigger hit. For once I would like to to upgrade and still use my cases.

I sell my cases on ebay, at least i get something back.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I sell my cases on ebay, at least i get something back.

Not worth the time for me to take the photos, create the listing, pack and ship... once done with fees to make $20... I just sell them with the phone on Swappa and call it done.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 9. It doesn’t even come close.

I think from now on it’s safe to say to also ignore most review websites. Everyone who said this wasn’t really an upgrade. Are you kidding me ? Every single thing is an upgrade

It’s faster.
Larger and better screen
Better sound
Better camera
Better battery
Better Face ID unlock
Larger storage.

Literally every component is an upgrade. I’m glad I got it this is a SUPER PHONE

I usually find IOS to be the better and more stable device than android is. I use both platforms and always end up using IOS the most.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh