The Max feels very luxurious, screen is very clear, speakers are loud, audio output quality is superb and is lightning fast too! I am love it so far!
    09-30-2018 12:52 AM
    With some more time and the 12.01 update, I can say anything that didn’t seem right is fine now. The obvious one was plugging in for a charge and inconsistent behavior with some of our cables.

If I can be critical I will say the phone’s price puts it in the class of products where you have diminishing returns as you spend. Some I know think it (price) is crazy but stepping back I see we have big differences as far as our professions and lifestyles. I can rationalize it and appreciate the features because I’m the senior IT administrator and a leader in a place with 700+ employees that never closes.

Even though this has a tool vs toy aspect for me I work with corporate vendors who have 7 and 8 Plus models deployed to them and they get the job done to. So would my 7 Plus. My guess is the XR will solve a nice upgrade that won’t be in the premium or boutique category.
    Annie_M and dazzlingirl like this.
    10-13-2018 10:39 AM
    For me it’s the hardware that is paired to the software. Samsung could make the greatest hardware in the world. It still won’t have software made specifically for it or apps made specifically for it.
    10-13-2018 05:25 PM
    This phone IS incredible!! Perfect mashup of X functionality and Plus model size.
    10-14-2018 09:30 AM
    As much as I would like to have this phone I can’t justify it right now
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-15-2018 07:39 PM
    I sold my X, AW2, iPad 2018 and got a Max and AW4 Cellular, after tax back cost me about $600AUD out of pocket. Also a tax write off.
    Was way worth it.
    kataran and TripleOne like this.
    10-15-2018 09:10 PM
    As much as I would like to have this phone I can’t justify it right now
    Your discipline is awesome and admirable.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-16-2018 02:39 PM
    Thanks. Appreciate it
    10-16-2018 03:11 PM
    Also too why fix what isn’t broke. I can’t write it off tax wise. Lol. I don’t want to sell my ipadPro or anything to get the max. I really do still love my 8+ and in the product red. It runs great. Just not happy with ios12 and hope now that the update to 12.1 is downloaded I will be happy again.
    10-16-2018 04:49 PM
    I cant justify it either. It isnt even a year since I got my 8 plus.
    Jude526 likes this.
    10-17-2018 10:57 AM
    I got a good enough price on my 8+ on Swappa I did not mind buying the XS-Max. I really feel that losing all the cases and unused tempered glass protectors adds up to a bigger hit. For once I would like to to upgrade and still use my cases.
    10-17-2018 10:50 PM
    got a good enough price on my 8+ on Swappa I did not mind buying the XS-Max. I really feel that losing all the cases and unused tempered glass protectors adds up to a bigger hit. For once I would like to to upgrade and still use my cases.
    I sell my cases on ebay, at least i get something back.
    10-18-2018 01:14 AM
    I sell my cases on ebay, at least i get something back.
    Not worth the time for me to take the photos, create the listing, pack and ship... once done with fees to make $20... I just sell them with the phone on Swappa and call it done.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-18-2018 02:27 AM
    Not worth the time for me to take the photos, create the listing, pack and ship... once done with fees to make $20... I just sell them with the phone on Swappa and call it done.
    No swappa here.
    10-18-2018 06:56 AM
    I have the note 9. It doesn’t even come close.

I think from now on it’s safe to say to also ignore most review websites. Everyone who said this wasn’t really an upgrade. Are you kidding me ? Every single thing is an upgrade

It’s faster.
    Larger and better screen
    Better sound
    Better camera
    Better battery
    Better Face ID unlock
    Larger storage.

Literally every component is an upgrade. I’m glad I got it this is a SUPER PHONE
    I usually find IOS to be the better and more stable device than android is. I use both platforms and always end up using IOS the most.
    10-19-2018 10:41 AM
    I usually find IOS to be the better and more stable device than android is. I use both platforms and always end up using IOS the most.
    I agree, use both but ends up with iPhone most of the time. It's so stable, have good notifications, nice feeling of haptic feedback, great battery (Iphone 8+), great fingerprint sensor and so on
    10-19-2018 01:04 PM
    I have the note 9. It doesn’t even come close.

I think from now on it’s safe to say to also ignore most review websites. Everyone who said this wasn’t really an upgrade. Are you kidding me ? Every single thing is an upgrade

It’s faster.
    Larger and better screen
    Better sound
    Better camera
    Better battery
    Better Face ID unlock
    Larger storage.

Literally every component is an upgrade. I’m glad I got it this is a SUPER PHONE
    It’s not a fair comparison tbh.

I’m enjoying my iPhone Xs max and Apple Watch combo. Coming from an iPhone X, the larger screen and wider display really makes a big difference.
    10-20-2018 03:46 AM
    I had the Note 9 before the Max, and I agree that the Max is better. The Note 9 and other Galaxy phones have a problem with light leaking around the bezel (some have it and some don’t). It’s very distracting and shouldn’t be that way, especially on a $1000 device. I returned one Note 9 for this and my replacement was worse! A lot of people and Samsung say that the light leak is normal with curved screens and only a cosmetic problem, which is ridiculous. The Note 9’s speakers are also garbage, I couldn’t believe how quiet they were. I had a lot of buyer’s remorse with the Note 9. I have no buyer’s remorse at all with the Max. The photo below is my Note 9 light leak. The white line closest to the display is the screen protector(which is normal light refraction). The bright white line farthest from the display is the light leak(which is caused by a lack of black paint) , it’s between the black bezel and the aluminum frame. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ff0d44e1ab.jpg
    That’s terrible. I have a note 9 and don’t have that light leak at all.
    10-20-2018 09:00 PM
    I have a Note 9 and Max. I love each differently. I’ll use the Note for a few days and miss using the Max and vice versa. I can say that the Max feels more premium and polished, but the Note is nice when I get an itch for something different to use. The only thing that bothers me is the negative reports of terrible connectivity on the Max. I’m locked into it for 24 payments so I guess I’ll flip flop between the 2.
    Jlharper016 likes this.
    10-20-2018 10:04 PM
    Just got the Max today. So far I’m really liking it. Had the Note 9 and had no issues. Really liked it but like I always do I felt the need to switch and got the Pixel 3 XL. Pixel was a good device. Notch didn’t bother me at all. Screen was awesome. It was fast. But couldn’t stay always as much as I tried. Woke up today and was feeling the Max. Went to BB and got one. I will return the pixel sometime this week.

I will say although I am really liking the Max I have to exchange it because the back plate is not on all the way on one corner leaving a rough raises edge. I didn’t see it when I left the store so I’ll have to exchange it. Other than that it’s been a good device so far. Albeit for the the 12 hours I’ve had it.
    10-21-2018 11:26 PM
    The speakers on the max are incredible. When I first got the phone I played the exact same video on both my 8+ and 10s Max. It was no comparison. My 10s Max was so loud when watching YouTube the first time I had to turn it down lol
    10-22-2018 08:23 AM
    Just got the Max today. So far I’m really liking it. Had the Note 9 and had no issues. Really liked it but like I always do I felt the need to switch and got the Pixel 3 XL. Pixel was a good device. Notch didn’t bother me at all. Screen was awesome. It was fast. But couldn’t stay always as much as I tried. Woke up today and was feeling the Max. Went to BB and got one. I will return the pixel sometime this week.

I will say although I am really liking the Max I have to exchange it because the back plate is not on all the way on one corner leaving a rough raises edge. I didn’t see it when I left the store so I’ll have to exchange it. Other than that it’s been a good device so far. Albeit for the the 12 hours I’ve had it.
    Right when I think I have an addiction problem, you go and make me feel better about my life choices! All kidding aside, I keep trying to go back to Android but I just can't pull the trigger. Everything is telling me to just stick it out with Apple and get the Max. But that price tag just makes me cringe!
    anon(1733) and aximtreo like this.
    10-22-2018 03:38 PM
    Right when I think I have an addiction problem, you go and make me feel better about my life choices! All kidding aside, I keep trying to go back to Android but I just can't pull the trigger. Everything is telling me to just stick it out with Apple and get the Max. But that price tag just makes me cringe!
    Do it lol. You’ll like it. Let the addiction take over. That’s what I do. Lol.
    iwoodland likes this.
    10-22-2018 03:50 PM
    Do it lol. You’ll like it. Let the addiction take over. That’s what I do. Lol.
    My addiction has pretty much left me with iOS lately. Every android phone I try lasts a VERY short time. I’m thinking it’s iOS or bust for me at this point in time. Now, what is the best method for me to snag an XS Max?
    10-22-2018 03:53 PM
    I do the same. I switch away from the iPhone. Tell myself I’ll stay on Android. Then switch right back. Lol. As of late I left the iPhone X. Got the note 9. Got the Blackberry Keytwo. Got the Pixel 3XL and tried the One Plus 6. And here I am. Brand new iPhone Max with leather case. Lol.

Didn’t really see many deals unless you want a new line of service. I paid off my line and started fresh with the max.
    Jlharper016 likes this.
    10-22-2018 03:57 PM
55 123