Post picture(s) taken with your iPhone XS Max Here !

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
0ffd4901238e0b3da9ae5976b0f638eb.jpg

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The camera is really incredible, much better than I thought it would be.

The first picture is taken with a Note 9. Latest update that has the changelog of better low light pictures. The second with my Xs Max.
Both taken on auto mode

13e643e6108fd20631d74d8c21e2a98b.jpg
6A1ED085-932F-41D2-BBE1-270967C6A0D3.jpeg

Could not upload the pictures at full res but the difference is striking :)

Last edited:

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
The camera is really incredible, much better than I thought it would be.

The first picture is taken with a Note 9. Latest update that has the changelog of better low light pictures. The second with my Xs Max.
Both taken on auto mode

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180930/13e643e6108fd20631d74d8c21e2a98b.jpgView attachment 124383

Could not upload the pictures at full res but the difference is striking :)

Ive had the same experience with my note 9 and XS Max in low light situations. Night and day difference (slight pun intended)

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Could you post more examples please? Really interested in seeing differences between Note9 and XS Max.

Top is Note, bottom Max. The note obviously allows light to completely wash out the picture. Not sure if this is an example of how poorly the note deals with the light, or how the max processes the hell out of the picture to make it work.

I took this picture because Mars was so visible. You can't even see it in the note picture. In the max its the bright star on the right hand side towards the center.

fullsizeoutput_84e.jpeg

%F7nrsVxTEioIXijF5SBZA.jpg

Michael_Archangel

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Top is Note, bottom Max. The note obviously allows light to completely wash out the picture. Not sure if this is an example of how poorly the note deals with the light, or how the max processes the hell out of the picture to make it work.

I took this picture because Mars was so visible. You can't even see it in the note picture. In the max its the bright star on the right hand side towards the center.

View attachment 124445

View attachment 124446

Thanks! That is quite a difference.

I had an S9 briefly which I sent back because in low light situations it would try to reduce noise so much that it would wipe out details. For example cat fur was all blurry when taking a picture in the evening under a dim light bulb. Hoping the XS does not do that.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! That is quite a difference.

I had an S9 briefly which I sent back because in low light situations it would try to reduce noise so much that it would wipe out details. For example cat fur was all blurry when taking a picture in the evening under a dim light bulb. Hoping the XS does not do that.

I mentioned about the S9 elsewhere today. I find it interesting that there is a whole "Beauty-gate" thing going on with the Xs phones but very little was ever said about the S9 being just as bad, if not worse, in over processing shots. Some will try to give Samsung a pass because it has "beauty mode" but, as we've both seen, the S9 had that issue even with beauty mode turned off.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I mentioned about the S9 elsewhere today. I find it interesting that there is a whole "Beauty-gate" thing going on with the Xs phones but very little was ever said about the S9 being just as bad, if not worse, in over processing shots. Some will try to give Samsung a pass because it has "beauty mode" but, as we've both seen, the S9 had that issue even with beauty mode turned off.

I couldn’t even work out how to switch off the beauty mode and it was even on the rear camera of my S9 plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal