I’m purchasing the iPhone XS. Should I get Apple Care + for it?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Applecare

AppleCare+ with loss and Theft can be worth it compared to putting it on renters or home insurance coverage. It really comes down to how comfortable you are if it hits the ground, a co-worker of mine forgot to replace his screen protector and his phone slipped and now he has a few hundred dollar screen replacement on his X. AppleCare+ would have covered it with minimal out of pocket.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Applecare

Add up all the Apple Care costs I did not pay... I could buy two iPhone Xs's from what I saved.

This logic seems to only work if you've stashed away all those savings in preparation. For many, they may not have the disposable income to drop $1000+ if an accident happens. That's where AppleCare+ comes in handy. Personally why I get it on my phones. I can't always guarantee I'll have $550 available to fix my phone if I accidentally drop it and it shatters. (Knock on wood I've never broken a phone).

But I'm much more confident that I'll always have at least $29 to fix it. Of course, it's money wasted if nothing happens. But I'd rather be protected than not, personally. If I'm buying a phone for $1150, I don't have an issue with an extra $200 to protect it. Especially since it's my most used piece of tech. I don't own anything that gets nearly as much use as my phone. So it's also more prone to possible damage and failure.

Different strokes for different folks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW