So one of the first things I noticed is when I put the phone in landscape on the home screen it won’t go in landscape mode. I wonder why apple would do this? The 8plus can do this why not the max?

I feel as though apple isn’t utilising the true advantage of the extra screen space.

Was a bit disappointed to be honest. Besides that I love the phone.
    09-21-2018 05:24 PM
    I’ve said the same about last years X. It has ample screen space and ram, yet doesn’t rotate home screen or handle messages/settings/email etc when rotated. Very disappointing
    09-21-2018 05:50 PM
    Well, wth. They added split screen in landscape from the Plus models. It makes no sense that they left out the home screen...
    LCW likes this.
    09-21-2018 06:23 PM
    Agree
    09-21-2018 07:14 PM
    I noticed that, and did go into display settings. I didn’t see any config option and don’t like it at all that’s reality.

It was something I expected. My Max (I still dislike the name for phones) choice was all about thinking it would be more like an iPad.
    09-22-2018 09:07 AM
    I noticed that, and did go into display settings. I didn’t see any config option and don’t like it at all that’s reality.

It was something I expected. My Max (I still dislike the name for phones) choice was all about thinking it would be more like an iPad.
    I believe that landscape mode is not available on the home screen because of Face ID. It doesn't work in landscape mode
    09-22-2018 10:30 AM
    I believe that landscape mode is not available on the home screen because of Face ID. It doesn't work in landscape mode
    Yes but you could still let things flip after the authentication process. Have a dialog to flip it up when AAA via camera/notch is required.

This might be something I get used to considering I've barely had the phone configured for 24 hours.
    09-22-2018 12:13 PM
    Yes but you could still let things flip after the authentication process. Have a dialog to flip it up when AAA via camera/notch is required.

This might be something I get used to considering I've barely had the phone configured for 24 hours.
    I agree with you, perhaps they can make the Face ID work in landscape mode, that would be a better option I reckon. I'm the same as you, I went from the 7 plus to the X and I missed the plus features for almost a year.
    Sekelani Zwambila and imwjl like this.
    09-22-2018 06:27 PM
    So one of the first things I noticed is when I put the phone in landscape on the home screen it won’t go in landscape mode. I wonder why apple would do this? The 8plus can do this why not the max?

I feel as though apple isn’t utilising the true advantage of the extra screen space.

Was a bit disappointed to be honest. Besides that I love the phone.
    I read something about this before buying. I do miss that feature. Hope they bring it back with software upgrade. On one of my games the home bar covers some text. Hope that’s just a app not being upgraded issue.
    09-22-2018 10:04 PM
    Really no big deal for me as I never use home screen landscape mode when it was available on other devices. It just seemed awkward to me.
    09-23-2018 02:32 AM
    Really no big deal for me as I never use home screen landscape mode when it was available on other devices. It just seemed awkward to me.
    It's not the end of the world, but it would be good to have the choice. It's not something you use, it just happens when you rotate the phone. I personally prefer landscape when I turn the phone sideways.
    09-23-2018 03:35 AM
    I’m glad it’s not there. It was annoying on my old plus. If they put it back I hope there is a way to disable it.
    09-25-2018 08:45 AM
    I’m glad it’s not there. It was annoying on my old plus. If they put it back I hope there is a way to disable it.
    That’s interesting to the extent it illustrates how the ways these devices are used differs.

Horizontal is really important for Excel, some reference material, and shooting video. I find I do it for some detailed text editing too. At same time my kids are almost always holding their phones tall except for watching Youtube.

I miss the feature by the way I group apps, platforms or functions in folders.
    09-25-2018 08:52 AM
    That’s interesting to the extent it illustrates how the ways these devices are used differs.

Horizontal is really important for Excel, some reference material, and shooting video. I find I do it for some detailed text editing too. At same time my kids are almost always holding their phones tall except for watching Youtube.

I miss the feature by the way I group apps, platforms or functions in folders.
    I think it comes down to why you got the bigger phone. Some people want the productivity power from it. I just wanted an iPhone with a bigger screen so I could use it without my glasses on. It’s annoying when I reached for my phone and it unlocked in landscape mode and I had to wait for that delay to come back to the way I wanted it. I know it sounds stupid but sometimes it just created a little annoyance.
    09-25-2018 08:55 AM