I got the Xs Max in Silver just love this color, never had an iphone x before, but i heard that the silver is a scratch magnet on the stailess steel frame

So my questions is for those who already had the X in silver is ugly like that attracts to many scratches as people say?
    09-17-2018 04:16 PM
    My X still looks new but I’ve had a case on it since day one.
    TheRavox likes this.
    09-17-2018 04:30 PM
    My X still looks brand new. But I’ve always had a case on it.
    TheRavox likes this.
    09-17-2018 05:12 PM
    Good to know and how about the bottom?, im planning to buy an Apple case and i know that the bootom will be exposed
    09-17-2018 05:19 PM
    Good to know and how about the bottom?, im planning to buy an Apple case and i know that the bootom will be exposed
    I’ve had an Apple case and there are super tiny scratches along the cutout. You can barely see them but they’re there.

I won’t use an Apple case with my Max.
    09-17-2018 05:44 PM
    My Silver X is in an Apple Leather case and there are many micro scratches through out the exposed bottom the sides not as many. The scratches just give it character in my opinion. If I do get the Xs Max I think I would sport it naked so the scratches are uniform.

There's a pic of my X
    TheRavox likes this.
    09-17-2018 06:11 PM
    That is why I gave up using my iPhone case, liked it, but the exposed bottom was going to be a scratch magnet.
    TheRavox likes this.
    09-17-2018 09:01 PM
    My Silver X is in an Apple Leather case and there are many micro scratches through out the exposed bottom the sides not as many. The scratches just give it character in my opinion. If I do get the Xs Max I think I would sport it naked so the scratches are uniform.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b32e23b05b.jpg
    There's a pic of my X
    I remember when Steve Jobs said in a interview one time about the iPod that the scratched stainless steel is beautiful and asked for t he guy from the press to remove the cover and use without the cover
    realtrevorryan likes this.
    09-17-2018 09:04 PM
    I believe the Gold has high chances to suffer from the same issue
    09-17-2018 09:08 PM
    I currently have the X in silver and the stainless steel band has definitely been a scratch magnet for me. The same micro scratches that others have mentioned. Faint, but there.
    09-17-2018 09:48 PM
    im starting to believe this is the nature of the stainless stell, to have scratches, i really don't like this material i wish Apple stop using it looks like the space gray don't have this issue because of the coating, but when scratches will look horrible.

Still don't know what to do, love the Silver, not sure if i should change to black or not
    09-17-2018 11:04 PM
    im starting to believe this is the nature of the stainless stell, to have scratches, i really don't like this material i wish Apple stop using it looks like the space gray don't have this issue because of the coating, but when scratches will look horrible.

Still don't know what to do, love the Silver, not sure if i should change to black or not
    I flip flop every other phone. To me the micro scratches don’t bother but they can also be buffed out very easily with some metal polish and a microfiber cloth. Very sparing metal polish so it doesn’t get in the speakers. The black I’ve always been a big fan of because it just looks slick. I didn’t like owning the black when the backs were aluminum because that’s where I tended to get the most scratches but I just didn’t let it bother me. I’m looking forward to getting the Max in black and putting a rhinoshield screen protector on it.
    09-17-2018 11:30 PM
    I have a silver X, naked since launch day and it still looks very shiny and pretty much new. No major scratches or anything. Im trading it in to verizon for the XS GOLD MAX and they will take it just as long there is no major physical damage on it like cracks, ect...
    09-18-2018 11:15 AM
    I don't like shiny/chrome, so I would have loved to see the stainless as brushed stainless instead of polished. Also wouldn't be as easy to see these faint scratches.

Wife and I both have silver X. Might be some faint micro scratches, but we both use cases that cover the bottom so not many, and not noticeable even when I take the cases off to clean the phones.
    TheRavox likes this.
    09-18-2018 12:01 PM
    I believe the Gold has high chances to suffer from the same issue
    I'm not so sure that is true. My impression is the process to get the gold on the stainless steel is somewhat similar to the space gray on the X -- and the space gray doesn't scratch like the silver. I suppose we'll find out soon enough (or a lifetime for those waiting for their preorder!).
    TheRavox likes this.
    09-18-2018 12:41 PM
    I decided to keep with the silver since this material is a scratch magnet at least the silver is hard to see, i really hope that Apple don't use this material in the future anymore

My combo is going to be iPhone XS Max Silver + Black Leather Case
    09-18-2018 03:03 PM
    I'm looking forward to the natural metal and have assumed it will wear like other stainless steel items.
    calebt likes this.
    09-18-2018 11:35 PM
    If you plan to go careless you can always get SlickWraps naked cover for the back or entire device in glossy or matte finish. This way you get the look of no case withe scratch protection.
    TheRavox likes this.
    09-19-2018 09:49 AM
    Are you guys going to get what color? i hate anything gold, space gray is classy and silver is beautiful
    09-19-2018 03:09 PM
    I had the gold 5S and really didn’t like it, but I think the glass gold, it’s gonna be a whole different story so it’ll be worth taking a look at. If I do pull the trigger on XS Max I believe it’ll be silver.
    TheRavox likes this.
    09-19-2018 04:01 PM
    I like Gold when it's a ring, or used as a basic bracelet or woman's necklace, etc.. I don't like gold on larger objects like phones, cars, or Donald Trump's toilet.

I like simple Space Gray or Matte Black.
    TheRavox likes this.
    09-19-2018 04:16 PM
    I had the Space Grey last year on my X and decided to get a SIM Free one so I got Silver, both grew old to me and Gold this year is what I chose. In the end I will just buy skins for my phone to change the look when I get bored this time around
    09-19-2018 04:32 PM