Case or no case on your XS Max???

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Whats your thoughts on the midnight blue? I had the saddle brown on my 8+ and liked it but wanting a different color this time. I been eyeing that midnight blue. I know once it patina it’s probably going to look black

I’ve always liked the midnight blue. Over time, it’ll become a very dark blue, close to black.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Whats your thoughts on the midnight blue? I had the saddle brown on my 8+ and liked it but wanting a different color this time. I been eyeing that midnight blue. I know once it patina it’s probably going to look black

I'm really liking the midnight blue, at least so far. It seems lighter than the old navy blue cases, so I'm not sure if a patina will make it black -- though we'll see how it looks as it ages. The midnight blue looks good with the gold XS.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This is why I always use a case. Cheap protection for those aw snap moments. I was getting out of the car and it slipped out of my pocket. Yes I have apple care too but would rather not have to pay the deductible. Plus the nearest Apple store is 40 minutes from me.
243e8fcaa610a5c2b6b5c8603f97fac3.jpg

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
To each their own, but I do enjoy using my iPhones without a case at times. They just feel really nice in the hand, and the case takes something away from that experience. I haven't had the Max out naked yet, it got a screen protector and a case before I even powered it up for the first time, but I am sure it will happen soon. There are certain situations that I couldn't imagine going without a case, like at the gym for example.

As far as cases go, I purchased an Apple blue horizon silicone and a Spigen liquid crystal case.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is why I always use a case. Cheap protection for those aw snap moments. I was getting out of the car and it slipped out of my pocket. Yes I have apple care too but would rather not have to pay the deductible. Plus the nearest Apple store is 40 minutes from me.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180926/243e8fcaa610a5c2b6b5c8603f97fac3.jpg

Yup, been there done that with my previous iPhones, except I live approx 50 minutes (without traffic) from my Apple Store...LOL. Good thing you had a case on your iPhone.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I posted in another thread I was using the Product Red Silicone, but almost dropped my phone 2x this week, so while I am on the road for work, grabbed a Speck Presidio Grip.

speck.jpg

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not much, but you can notice the difference between the speck and the silicone. Right now cases in stores are really limited. 90% sold out at BestBuy and the AT&T store had mostly off brand glitter cases.

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I’ve had my Max since launch day and it’s been naked the entire time. I always end up buying 4-5 cases and hating every one of them. None last more than a few minutes before I take them off. I really love the feel of the phone, but it is definitely slippery. It’ll slide off any surface that has any degree of slope to it. If I set it on the arm of the couch it slides off in a matter of seconds. As slippery as it is I still can’t stand cases. I got AppleCare so at least if I do drop it and damage it I’m covered, but honestly I’m pretty careful with it.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I’ve had my Max since launch day and it’s been naked the entire time. I always end up buying 4-5 cases and hating every one of them. None last more than a few minutes before I take them off. I really love the feel of the phone, but it is definitely slippery. It’ll slide off any surface that has any degree of slope to it. If I set it on the arm of the couch it slides off in a matter of seconds. As slippery as it is I still can’t stand cases. I got AppleCare so at least if I do drop it and damage it I’m covered, but honestly I’m pretty careful with it.

You should give apple cases a look. Me buying multiple cases is in the past. Or if u just cant stand anything on the phone look st dbrand skins

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just returned my Speck case to BB, it's the first time I ever returned a case. I usually like Speck, just not this time. Sticking with the Apple Leather / Apple Silicone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative