Do you not feel the phone itself is slippery? That’s the only reason I use a case. I really would rather not...
    It is a little at first, but after a day or two you get used to it. Personally I found the older devices (6 & 7) with the matte finish to be more slippery. Now that the 8, X, and XS are all glass backs I find them to be much easier to grip.
    09-25-2018 11:59 AM
    Do you not feel the phone itself is slippery? That’s the only reason I use a case. I really would rather not...
    Definitely slippery. I dropped my phone onto a crockery plate last night because of how slippery it is. I can’t wait to get my case
    09-25-2018 03:24 PM
    Although peel is the original..as mentioned prior totallee is made stronger. After a couple of removals, peel will lose shape. I used peel when I had the jet-black iPhone 7 that was prone to scratches. Both are great cases for minimal and just to avoid scratches. Felt like nothing was on it, but grippy.
    Caudabe is better than both. I’ve had cases from all 3 and not impressed with the Totallee or Peel. Caudabe just doesn’t have many colors right now. Hope they add more soon! I’ve never seen a case fit so precisely as the Caudabe I had for my 6S.
    09-25-2018 06:54 PM
    I got the gold version what the best clear case to show off the gold ?
    I just got a completely clear soft tpu case from ESR today. It’s pretty minimal and I like it a lot. Makes the phone grippy and shows off the gold sides and back. These type of cases yellow over time but they’re inexpensive and so you can just get a new one. $12 on Amazon. The Spigen liquid silicone is nice too but no better than this ESR.
    09-25-2018 06:58 PM
    A device this expensive it would be suicide not using a case in my opinion.
    Agreed.
    09-25-2018 08:27 PM
    Looks great! How's the grip?
    09-25-2018 08:33 PM
    Looks great! How's the grip?
    It’s got quite a nice grip to it. I’m liking it more and more each day
    09-25-2018 08:40 PM
    Picked up an Otterbox Traction case from Apple. Pretty good case.
    Pic?? I'd love to see!
    09-25-2018 08:56 PM
    Whats your thoughts on the midnight blue? I had the saddle brown on my 8+ and liked it but wanting a different color this time. I been eyeing that midnight blue. I know once it patina it’s probably going to look black
    I’ve always liked the midnight blue. Over time, it’ll become a very dark blue, close to black.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    09-26-2018 06:44 AM
    This is the one my missus bought the other day.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ec5994e356.jpg
    Nice! I had that on my X, it was a little bulky for me. It seems that the traction case is slightly thinner
    09-26-2018 09:05 AM
    Whats your thoughts on the midnight blue? I had the saddle brown on my 8+ and liked it but wanting a different color this time. I been eyeing that midnight blue. I know once it patina it’s probably going to look black
    I'm really liking the midnight blue, at least so far. It seems lighter than the old navy blue cases, so I'm not sure if a patina will make it black -- though we'll see how it looks as it ages. The midnight blue looks good with the gold XS.
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    09-26-2018 10:17 AM
    This is why I always use a case. Cheap protection for those aw snap moments. I was getting out of the car and it slipped out of my pocket. Yes I have apple care too but would rather not have to pay the deductible. Plus the nearest Apple store is 40 minutes from me.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-26-2018 12:34 PM
    To each their own, but I do enjoy using my iPhones without a case at times. They just feel really nice in the hand, and the case takes something away from that experience. I haven't had the Max out naked yet, it got a screen protector and a case before I even powered it up for the first time, but I am sure it will happen soon. There are certain situations that I couldn't imagine going without a case, like at the gym for example.

As far as cases go, I purchased an Apple blue horizon silicone and a Spigen liquid crystal case.
    09-26-2018 02:01 PM
    This is why I always use a case. Cheap protection for those aw snap moments. I was getting out of the car and it slipped out of my pocket. Yes I have apple care too but would rather not have to pay the deductible. Plus the nearest Apple store is 40 minutes from me.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...603f97fac3.jpg
    Yup, been there done that with my previous iPhones, except I live approx 50 minutes (without traffic) from my Apple Store...LOL. Good thing you had a case on your iPhone.
    09-26-2018 06:56 PM
    I posted in another thread I was using the Product Red Silicone, but almost dropped my phone 2x this week, so while I am on the road for work, grabbed a Speck Presidio Grip.

Case or no case on your XS Max???-speck.jpg
    09-26-2018 07:50 PM
    Just picked up a Max tonight... Saddle Brown leather baby!!!
    ladyc0524 and Spencerdl like this.
    09-26-2018 10:23 PM
    Not much, but you can notice the difference between the speck and the silicone. Right now cases in stores are really limited. 90% sold out at BestBuy and the AT&T store had mostly off brand glitter cases.
    09-26-2018 10:48 PM
    I have the spigen crystal clear hybrid case and the Apple pink sand silicone case.
    09-27-2018 05:18 PM
    I’ve had my Max since launch day and it’s been naked the entire time. I always end up buying 4-5 cases and hating every one of them. None last more than a few minutes before I take them off. I really love the feel of the phone, but it is definitely slippery. It’ll slide off any surface that has any degree of slope to it. If I set it on the arm of the couch it slides off in a matter of seconds. As slippery as it is I still can’t stand cases. I got AppleCare so at least if I do drop it and damage it I’m covered, but honestly I’m pretty careful with it.
    09-28-2018 02:12 PM
    I’ve had my Max since launch day and it’s been naked the entire time. I always end up buying 4-5 cases and hating every one of them. None last more than a few minutes before I take them off. I really love the feel of the phone, but it is definitely slippery. It’ll slide off any surface that has any degree of slope to it. If I set it on the arm of the couch it slides off in a matter of seconds. As slippery as it is I still can’t stand cases. I got AppleCare so at least if I do drop it and damage it I’m covered, but honestly I’m pretty careful with it.
    You should give apple cases a look. Me buying multiple cases is in the past. Or if u just cant stand anything on the phone look st dbrand skins
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-28-2018 02:16 PM
    Not taking any risks. this and Black Apple leather.

Case or no case on your XS Max???-fullsizeoutput_2a23.jpeg
    blaine07 likes this.
    09-28-2018 06:23 PM
    I just returned my Speck case to BB, it's the first time I ever returned a case. I usually like Speck, just not this time. Sticking with the Apple Leather / Apple Silicone.
    09-28-2018 06:55 PM
97 ... 234