Case or no case on your XS Max???

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
After a visit to the Apple shop today, I picked up a blue Apple leather case. I much say it is much more slippery than my previous Apple leather cases.

Hmm...

Same over here with a black one. Think it will take its time to get better a better grip. Made the same experience with the leather case for the X last year. After 4 weeks of constant usage it got grip.

hudss

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Although peel is the original..as mentioned prior totallee is made stronger. After a couple of removals, peel will lose shape. I used peel when I had the jet-black iPhone 7 that was prone to scratches. Both are great cases for minimal and just to avoid scratches. Felt like nothing was on it, but grippy.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Although peel is the original..as mentioned prior totallee is made stronger. After a couple of removals, peel will lose shape. I used peel when I had the jet-black iPhone 7 that was prone to scratches. Both are great cases for minimal and just to avoid scratches. Felt like nothing was on it, but grippy.

The Peel case I got today feels like cheap plastic with zero grip. I would be afraid I would drop the phone. Going to see if I can return it... I don't mind losing the return shipping.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Casemate tough clear.

69b547a91a485099edaebedb6422d5e1.jpg

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Same over here with a black one. Think it will take its time to get better a better grip. Made the same experience with the leather case for the X last year. After 4 weeks of constant usage it got grip.

Apple’s leather cases are the only ones that get better with wear and use

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Apple leather case in midnight blue. I might add a screen protector too. After a month or two, I’ll probably use the Max naked.

Whats your thoughts on the midnight blue? I had the saddle brown on my 8+ and liked it but wanting a different color this time. I been eyeing that midnight blue. I know once it patina it’s probably going to look black

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Apple leather case maybe in midnight blue. These are my go to cases because it adds grip, style, and moderate protection. Add a tempered glass screen protector and im straight

cjordan93

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
No case for me. Didn't use a case on my 7+ or 8+ either. I get the AppleCare+ so I don't have to worry about buying a case. Some say I'm crazy to not put a $1k+ phone in a case but personally, I hate the idea of putting a $1k+ phone in a $50 case. There isn't a case on the market that comes close to the design or beauty of the au naturel iPhone.

cjordan93

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Do you not feel the phone itself is slippery? That’s the only reason I use a case. I really would rather not...

It is a little at first, but after a day or two you get used to it. Personally I found the older devices (6 & 7) with the matte finish to be more slippery. Now that the 8, X, and XS are all glass backs I find them to be much easier to grip.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Caudabe is better than both. I’ve had cases from all 3 and not impressed with the Totallee or Peel. Caudabe just doesn’t have many colors right now. Hope they add more soon! I’ve never seen a case fit so precisely as the Caudabe I had for my 6S.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I got the gold version what the best clear case to show off the gold ?

I just got a completely clear soft tpu case from ESR today. It’s pretty minimal and I like it a lot. Makes the phone grippy and shows off the gold sides and back. These type of cases yellow over time but they’re inexpensive and so you can just get a new one. $12 on Amazon. The Spigen liquid silicone is nice too but no better than this ESR.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2