Wait a sec...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple expects users to pay top dollar for the larger power adapter and Lightning to USB-C cable, I did that a while back for my iPad Pro, and I use a Mophie wireless charger for my X. Shocked, nope, getting tired of being ripped off by Apple so they can charge top dollar for cables that cost $1 to make, YES I AM.

They got a ton go backlash on the USB-C adapters on the MBP when it launched so they gave discounts on those, they should drop the prices realistically on all cables. People prefer theirs so they know they are getting the legit item, but a $1 cable should not cost $19.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Apple expects users to pay top dollar for the larger power adapter and Lightning to USB-C cable, I did that a while back for my iPad Pro, and I use a Mophie wireless charger for my X. Shocked, nope, getting tired of being ripped off by Apple so they can charge top dollar for cables that cost $1 to make, YES I AM.

They got a ton go backlash on the USB-C adapters on the MBP when it launched so they gave discounts on those, they should drop the prices realistically on all cables. People prefer theirs so they know they are getting the legit item, but a $1 cable should not cost $19.
Yeah for real. But that's fine I don't order Apple accessories. I go 3rd party and would rather give them my money. Anker is my go to for cables and chargers. I don't go with super cheap cables and adapters because I've learned that the quality does make a difference.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

sounds like you might need to email Tim about this being ripped off over a charging brick, cable, and dongle there is nothing anyone can do here take it the boss , boss! good evening everyone. by the way I have 3 dongles if anyone needs one for free seeing has how most of us are returning customers and don't need new dongles every year.

briareos4

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I’m sure a few years back Apple had some Chinese company make a billion 5w power adapters and cables for peanuts, and they’ll be unloading them into every new iPhone until the stock runs out.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
As a Apple user since the IIc all the way to current I have seen Apple charge more and more for the simplest of things. So you are right and I will email Tim on this issue, I do feel they overcharge for their dongles and adapters and the cables are poorly designed. I have been buying other cables from Anker and Belkin mostly for the longer cables lengths and I also buy the nice braided cables that hold up far better.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly the longer this debate goes on... adapters, cables, converters, rapid-v-non-rapid, what's in the box, cable length, etc.. the more I find myself not caring anymore. As long as the phone in the box = Flawless, I am good. I have so much of the other crap around here now, I never even take stuff out of the box. Just get me a good phone... Just my 2-cents, your mileage may vary.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I never even take stuff out of the box.

Funny you should say this.
I’ve put my TV 4th gen up for sale and while taking photos of it and the box I found the lightning cable for the remote in the box. I never even realized it was included.

If you already have an iPhone, most of the contents of the box are not necessary.
If you need a fast charger, just get one and keep it after you resell of trade in your ‘old’ device. There is no need to endlessly include most of the content in the box with every new purchase.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Funny you should say this.
I’ve put my TV 4th gen up for sale and while taking photos of it and the box I found the lightning cable for the remote in the box. I never even realized it was included.

If you already have an iPhone, most of the contents of the box are not necessary.
If you need a fast charger, just get one and keep it after you resell of trade in your ‘old’ device. There is no need to endlessly include most of the content in the box with every new purchase.

Yep, and I always buy longer cables and Qi Chargers, etc.. so not sure, some boxes have chargers and cables and some don't. I don't even have all the old boxes.. should have saved them all I guess.

2018-09-16_14-40-02.jpg

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
They do it because they can get away with it people will still but the device with or without the rapid or larger brick.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
That's why Apple gets away with it all the time because people don't care. Yeah I already got Anker fast chargers ever since fast charging has been available on my Android devices. But it's the principle of it all. But yeah people will just buy into what Apple does just because and keep making excuses for them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2