Payment unable to be processed

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Year two of pre orders, year two of them emailing me the next day saying my payment can’t be processed... what the actual heck is going on? Called my card provider they said they never even received anything from Apple, tried calling Apple and it said due to high call volumes try again later and hung up....

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
This year I didn't have any issues, but I had considered going to the Apple store the day before and buying an Apple Gift Card for exactly what I needed to spend on my purchases so it would not have this issue, I just didn't get there yesterday so I had to roll and it worked. Oddly my other CC company flagged my new MBP purchase as fraud last month so I had to call clear that up but it went through after that.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
This year I didn't have any issues, but I had considered going to the Apple store the day before and buying an Apple Gift Card for exactly what I needed to spend on my purchases so it would not have this issue, I just didn't get there yesterday so I had to roll and it worked. Oddly my other CC company flagged my new MBP purchase as fraud last month so I had to call clear that up but it went through after that.

Lol for a split second did you think yes it’s fraud! Free Mac book!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I did have my CC # stolen a 18 months ago in a data breach, I found out 6 months after the breach occurred due the fact that companies are not really compelled to announce anything sooner. I found out before the site that was hacked into, my CC company alerted me to a new CC being issued. So called in, and found out someone had called in to change my address and replace my CC to have it shipped to TX. The CC company cancelled the fraudulent card request, notified the police and issued me a new card. I also put a crazy high character security code onto my account that will prevent that from happening again.

All of that said I was more concerned my CC company was going to delay my shipment, I had opted not to get the 2TB storage due to the lead time and my new MBP shipped a few days early.