Woke up my usual time, logged onto AT&T website about 7:45 am, pre-ordered the 256GB Space Gray Max for delivery Sept. 21, then went about my usual routine. Couldn't have been any easier. Well done AT&T.
    General Tso likes this.
    09-14-2018 10:31 AM
    I was up with Verizon at 3 AM. Their site was being annoying as ****... but got the phone order in. I did have to call in to get the watch ordered because the system kept thinking I was max lines (I wasn't) but luckily Verizon had US based people on staff and ready to help. 15 minutes later she did a work around and got it.

So I had not as smooth of a process but still got it done. I wish it was as simple as click, click, done like you :P.
    sangs likes this.
    09-14-2018 10:41 AM
    Yeah l purchased at 2am Central but when I came into the office at 9am AT&T still had all models available for the 21st delivery. I guess the Xs line is not selling as well as previous years or majority of people are waiting on the XR.
    09-14-2018 11:16 AM
    It took me literally 30 seconds to order through the Apple Store app. I am part of the upgrade program and had been pre-approved the day before with the device I want. So, it was super quick!
    sangs likes this.
    09-14-2018 11:23 AM
    It took me less than a few minutes ordering the silver max on the att app. Delivery sept 21. It let me in at 11:59pm
    sangs likes this.
    09-14-2018 11:37 AM
    I was about to order via AT&T since I have AT&T Next, but when I looked at the current resale of the 8+ online I backed out and got the XsMax via Apple Sim Free and will just sell my 8+ on Swappa.
    09-14-2018 12:04 PM
    I was up with Verizon at 3 AM. Their site was being annoying as ****... but got the phone order in. I did have to call in to get the watch ordered because the system kept thinking I was max lines (I wasn't) but luckily Verizon had US based people on staff and ready to help. 15 minutes later she did a work around and got it.

So I had not as smooth of a process but still got it done. I wish it was as simple as click, click, done like you :P.
    Not doing the Pixel 3 XL this year?
    09-14-2018 01:05 PM
    Not doing the Pixel 3 XL this year?
    Na. I really really really want a good watch. I have waited for the Pixel watch and it is a no go. After that I tried some Wear OS ones and it just doesn't compare to the Apple Watch IMO. So Apple I go.
    09-14-2018 01:44 PM
    Na. I really really really want a good watch. I have waited for the Pixel watch and it is a no go. After that I tried some Wear OS ones and it just doesn't compare to the Apple Watch IMO. So Apple I go.
    Wow, I'm pretty shock to read that you're actually going to skip the 3XL! So all in on Apple this next year huh?
    09-14-2018 02:13 PM
    Wow, I'm pretty shock to read that you're actually going to skip the 3XL! So all in on Apple this next year huh?
    Pretty much. I bought an iPhone XS Max / Series 4 Cellular watch. I have had an Apple TV 4k at home so it will be nice to be able to login to apps and such easily on that with the iPhone.
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-14-2018 02:16 PM
    Pretty much. I bought an iPhone XS Max / Series 4 Cellular watch. I have had an Apple TV 4k at home so it will be nice to be able to login to apps and such easily on that with the iPhone.
    Good stuff. Hope it all works out for you!
    Almeuit likes this.
    09-14-2018 02:20 PM
    Good stuff. Hope it all works out for you!
    i am sure it will. I have never hated Apple -- just small things that annoy me. They have gotten better such as 3rd party apps in CarPlay and better with password managers. I will be happy to have iMessage again so I can send videos of my nephew w/ my parents. Mom always forgets and sends me a video now on my Pixel 2 XL and due to the carrier compression I can never tell what is going on within it haha :P.
    strikeIII, Wildo6882 and blaine07 like this.
    09-14-2018 02:21 PM
    I also had a very smooth ordering on AT&T......paid off my X and then pre ordered the XMax......it says it will deliver on September 21st but said it could be subject to change.....last year when I ordered my X through pre order with AT&T I got it on release day......I did not order till lunch time......
    09-14-2018 05:10 PM
    i am sure it will. I have never hated Apple -- just small things that annoy me. They have gotten better such as 3rd party apps in CarPlay and better with password managers. I will be happy to have iMessage again so I can send videos of my nephew w/ my parents. Mom always forgets and sends me a video now on my Pixel 2 XL and due to the carrier compression I can never tell what is going on within it haha :P.
    Wow! I’m shocked you’re going in with Apple now! I’ve pretty much done the same over the last couple years. As much as Apple kind of makes me mad, it makes so much sense anymore to use it. I’m most likely going with a Max and AWS4 soon.
    Almeuit likes this.
    09-14-2018 05:15 PM
    Wow! I’m shocked you’re going in with Apple now! I’ve pretty much done the same over the last couple years. As much as Apple kind of makes me mad, it makes so much sense anymore to use it. I’m most likely going with a Max and AWS4 soon.
    Haha yeah I figured a few people who know me are going to be stunned. Wait until some of my RL friends see it -- they are going to fall over. Some of them will learn when the bubble turns blue. They are going to be like "Wait ..... a second...." ^_^
    Wildo6882 and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-14-2018 05:23 PM
    Haha yeah I figured a few people who know me are going to be stunned. Wait until some of my RL friends see it -- they are going to fall over. Some of them will learn when the bubble turns blue. They are going to be like "Wait ..... a second...." ^_^
    Haha! Even after being on iOS (mostly) for three years since the 6s Plus came out, I still look at Android phones all the time. But when it comes down to using them, I just can’t get back into it. It’s not that Android phones are bad. It’s quite the opposite anymore. But I think my needs have changed as I’ve gotten older. I’m 36. Have four kids. A job that takes a lot of my time and focus. And I just don’t have time to mess with phones like I used to. I just want something that’s nice and works and works well with my family. My wife is the last Android straggler and she won’t leave her Samsung phones.
    09-15-2018 08:54 AM
    Haha! Even after being on iOS (mostly) for three years since the 6s Plus came out, I still look at Android phones all the time. But when it comes down to using them, I just can’t get back into it. It’s not that Android phones are bad. It’s quite the opposite anymore. But I think my needs have changed as I’ve gotten older. I’m 36. Have four kids. A job that takes a lot of my time and focus. And I just don’t have time to mess with phones like I used to. I just want something that’s nice and works and works well with my family. My wife is the last Android straggler and she won’t leave her Samsung phones.
    36 with 4 kids, an Android phone is the best device to have for your only time alone in the bathroom. 🤣
    09-15-2018 11:41 PM
    36 with 4 kids, an Android phone is the best device to have for your only time alone in the bathroom. 🤣
    One kid is 16, she’s my step daughter that I claim as much as anyone wants to claim a teenager. 🤣 One is 6, and the other two are 22 months. That’s what happens when your wife FINALLY talks you into another kid and you get two at once!
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-23-2018 11:01 AM