What cases do you plan to get for your iPhone XS Max?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Lifeproof Fre on sale for 49.00 USD. Couldn’t pass the deal up. I have to say, not sure what they did with the screen protector, but it’s CRYSTAL CLEAR. This was my biggest peeve for the X version last year. It’s actually quite amazing, and I’m glad the biggest flaw with my fave case seems to be fixed. No rainbow effect either.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Just got the Lifeproof Fre on sale for 49.00 USD. Couldn’t pass the deal up. I have to say, not sure what they did with the screen protector, but it’s CRYSTAL CLEAR. This was my biggest peeve for the X version last year. It’s actually quite amazing, and I’m glad the biggest flaw with my fave case seems to be fixed. No rainbow effect either.

Got any photos? They have NEVER had a crystal clear no rainbow case before.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Do you have a glass screen protector on and sandwiched in there or JUST bare screen and Fre?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Just the screen and the Fre. I’ll grab some pics in the morning. It’s settling a bit and I am getting a small spot of rainbow in the bottom corner. Screen is still crystal clear though.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
So my iPad is the only picture taking device other than my phone, but it shows pretty well. The rainbow did creep back in over night. Still not the worst I’ve seen.

Attachments

• 07884E26-3A13-4C1A-A0B5-56A36FF69A94.jpeg
    07884E26-3A13-4C1A-A0B5-56A36FF69A94.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • BF3A80AB-AFFA-4143-9E6B-20374FB699A7.jpeg
    BF3A80AB-AFFA-4143-9E6B-20374FB699A7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Got the saddle brown for my XS Max, because I loved the one on my X. It gets a nice look to it with some use, can't wait until my new one is broken in!

View attachment 125137

BbCD0pj.jpg

Here’s mine. On my X purchased on Nov 4 2017 and brand new on my XS Max today.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
http://i.imgur.com/BbCD0pj.jpg

Here’s mine. On my X purchased on Nov 4 2017 and brand new on my XS Max today.

Those streaks on the back of the new one? One reason i gave up on them hard to get one without some sort of fault, some will say that's just leather but they are not all like it. For $79 here they want to be perfect out of the box, My last one was like that they refunded and let me keep it.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
So my iPad is the only picture taking device other than my phone, but it shows pretty well. The rainbow did creep back in over night. Still not the worst I’ve seen.

Looks decent, the only time i get a life proof is when i go on a surf trip/holiday where i need full waterproof and all round protection, and its mainly used for photos/video so not too fussed on the screen or oil marks.
If they were as good as a glass screen protector i would use one all the time.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Those streaks on the back of the new one? One reason i gave up on them hard to get one without some sort of fault, some will say that's just leather but they are not all like it. For $79 here they want to be perfect out of the box, My last one was like that they refunded and let me keep it.

Yes it is but I'm fine with it. Once patina forms on it should be better. Perhaps those streaks are due to manufacturing?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks decent, the only time i get a life proof is when i go on a surf trip/holiday where i need full waterproof and all round protection, and its mainly used for photos/video so not too fussed on the screen or oil marks.
If they were as good as a glass screen protector i would use one all the time.

I couldn’t even imagine if they figured out how to make it a glass protector. I’d probably keel over. Or at least bring back the Nuud and let us use our own.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I couldn’t even imagine if they figured out how to make it a glass protector. I’d probably keel over. Or at least bring back the Nuud and let us use our own.

Dog and Bone glass ones are nice; they haven’t released anything for Max yet though that I’ve seen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods