What cases do you plan to get for your iPhone XS Max?

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I broke down and purchased the Vader Symmetry case.
This Symmetry case is actually slimmer & thinner than the regular Symmetry cases. Not by a ton but a noticeable difference. It has a smooth finish on the back while the regular has a textured finish. Last two pictures are both Symmetry cases side by side.
It's the red buttons that sold me, not Star Wars.

View attachment 125039View attachment 125040View attachment 125041View attachment 125042View attachment 125043View attachment 125044View attachment 125045View attachment 125046View attachment 125047View attachment 125048View attachment 125049View attachment 125050

The Star Wars cases I bought in the past had a high gloss finish, is this one a gloss finish?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Back to the Apple Leather case. I am debating getting a different color Apple Leather case. I kind of like the green, but wish it was greener.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Back to the Apple Leather case. I am debating getting a different color Apple Leather case. I kind of like the green, but wish it was greener.

Although it won't help now, but Apple should come out with new colors early next year, for spring. In some ways it is a bit annoying, as Apple keeps changing the colors; meaning that if you really liked a particularly color for your current phone, like the green, it won't be available for your next phone (outside of the "basic" colors -- Black, Product Red, and Saddle Brown -- which don't change). There is also typically a version of Navy blue, though even that changed a bit with the Xs.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
OB Symmetry, first OB i have had not counting the fake i got off ebay for the X :)

Very impressed, thinner than the UAG Monarch and not as Boxy, also 11 grams lighter. about 5mm shorter. Lip is a bit smaller which i like. Width is the same as i didn't need to adjust my Brodit car holder and actually slides in better.
Nice clean look, back feels good buttons excellent, cut outs good, no pinky alligator on bottom.
Amazing they have got it this slim, exactly same thickness as the Nomad Rugged but with a bit more lip, bit wider than it.
Feels great in the hand and can't see it showing finger marks on the back.

Only real neg which is the same as the UAG, the rubber if you pull it near the power/volume buttons is not as stiff as the rest of the case, although the OB is stiffer all around than the Monarch and a bit harder to put on and off, not crow bar tight though.
One thing that has always bothered me with the Monarch for a so called military drop case, that it is so easy to go on and off, can't imagine the phone staying in from a big drop.

Fn++N5SqSciX0ubRWCM71g.jpgHvAnB%9bTtutKpqLvW5esA.jpg7RKSc5KsRC+eYCAwYSW5GQ.jpgoPCYHzwTQfy1gXXQstUaDA.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
After 24 hours with the symmetry it's gone, had a bit of rubber peeling on bottom and it just feels cheaply made, rubber dips a bit near the power/volume buttons, felt ok in the hand but is as wide as the Monarch, nothing like the feel of the Nomad Rugged though, its probably closest form fitting case i have tried after the Apple Leather with all around protection , so glad i didn't sell it, still brand new leather smell.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
After 24 hours with the symmetry it's gone, had a bit of rubber peeling on bottom and it just feels cheaply made, rubber dips a bit near the power/volume buttons, felt ok in the hand but is as wide as the Monarch, nothing like the feel of the Nomad Rugged though, its probably closest form fitting case i have tried after the Apple Leather with all around protection , so glad i didn't sell it, still brand new leather smell.

Maybe you have another fake Symmetry case? No problem with the ones I have. My black one has a little sag near the power button and that's about it.

You like the Nomad better than the Monarch?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
You like the Nomad better than the Monarch?

No sold it last night ;) I have problems :) The lip is too small and the bottom is not comfortable to hold for me anyway. Monarch only for now.

Maybe you have another fake Symmetry case?

Who knows they claim to be a Authorised OB seller.

You got any other suggestions? probably a bad question to ask ;)

Last edited:

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know if there is any difference between the updated new and old version of the Caudabe Sheath, besides the bottom speaker cut outs being accurate?

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So, I received from Otterbox today the new Boba Fett case from their Star Wars Galactic collection of Symmetry cases.
I’m not able for some reason to post pictures of it, or a link to it atm, however, they have pictures of it on their site if one’s curious about it.
Basically the back of the case is a side profile of Fett’s helmet with Boba looking downwards.
Pretty sweet looking, imo.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Maybe you have another fake Symmetry case? No problem with the ones I have. My black one has a little sag near the power button and that's about it.

Bought another Black Symmetry locally, this one is way better, if the ebay one wasn't a fake it was definitely a return/faulty and had been used.
Loving it so far. Much slimmer than the monarch and the buttons are so good. Was going to get a Sheath but don't see the $40AUD value here.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
If anyone is thinking of getting a coloured Sheath on sale but wants the correct cut outs on bottom, here is their response to me asking what i would get.

Good question! Do you plan to order a Black Sheath? It would depend on the color you wanted. See, even though we redesigned for the XS, there are still going to be symmetrical speaker cutouts for the time being on some colors since they were already manufactured. Without boring you with too many details, there's a reason they were initially made that way. We've done another round of changes to address this on the Black version since that stock sells out so quickly, and all subsequent colors will have the asymmetrical cutouts, but since you were specific in your question, we want to be specific in our answer! :)

In other words, as long as you stick with the Black Sheath, you're FOR SURE going to get something designed for the XS, with the asymmetrical holes. For other colors, it will still be an XS case in regard to camera holes and fit, but may have symmetrical speaker holes.

Jessica @ Caudabe Customer Support

Caudabe Support

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
If anyone is thinking of getting a coloured Sheath on sale but wants the correct cut outs on bottom, here is their response to me asking what i would get.

Good question! Do you plan to order a Black Sheath? It would depend on the color you wanted. See, even though we redesigned for the XS, there are still going to be symmetrical speaker cutouts for the time being on some colors since they were already manufactured. Without boring you with too many details, there's a reason they were initially made that way. We've done another round of changes to address this on the Black version since that stock sells out so quickly, and all subsequent colors will have the asymmetrical cutouts, but since you were specific in your question, we want to be specific in our answer! :)

In other words, as long as you stick with the Black Sheath, you're FOR SURE going to get something designed for the XS, with the asymmetrical holes. For other colors, it will still be an XS case in regard to camera holes and fit, but may have symmetrical speaker holes.

Jessica @ Caudabe Customer Support

Caudabe Support

Glad I didn't order the blue or green yet.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Got the saddle brown for my XS Max, because I loved the one on my X. It gets a nice look to it with some use, can't wait until my new one is broken in!

IMG_0018.jpg

gadget22

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have the Taupe leather case? If so do you mind sharing a pic or two? I’m curios to see how it looks as it ages. Thanks...

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
No sold it last night ;) I have problems :) The lip is too small and the bottom is not comfortable to hold for me anyway. Monarch only for now.

Who knows they claim to be a Authorised OB seller.

You got any other suggestions? probably a bad question to ask ;)

So, is the Nomad rugged worth buying or not?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
So, is the Nomad rugged worth buying or not?

I guess if you get a good one, if seam from leather to plastic is smooth, took me 3 goes. Lip is small with a glass SP, less than the Symmetry. I didn't like the feel of the bottom when holding.

Symmetry is a win for me so far ;) really like it, excellent buttons, sides good grip, like the smooth back, great to hold, perfect amount of lip. Doesn't mark or scratch easily.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative