What cases do you plan to get for your iPhone XS Max?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Not sure how i am feeling about the Nomad Rugged after 4 days use.

1. It's a scratch magnet worse than any another leather case i have had, even Apples. And i have been mainly only using around home. Would never get the brown version. Sure its leather if you like that look.
2. main problem is it seems sharp on the bottom for pinky how i hold it using 1 hand mostly, Monarch doesn't.
3. The very small lip is a concern for a supposedly rugged case, 1mm. Good for usage though.
4. Is a boring case to look at.

Hard to beat the Blacked out Monarch. Think i am done with leather.

Ebay seller sent me a replacement which took a few days to sort, in meantime i sent Nomad a photo and they sent me a replacement straight away, so will have 2 to sell if i do.

Havn't paid for a case yet, Apple leather i got for free sold and paid for my Monarch, if i sell the nomads will be $40 in front lol.

On the hunt again :)

View attachment 124940

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone got the new lifeproof fre? Can get one for $75AUD retails $129. From memory you cant use one with a glass screen protector right? Guessing grainy screen will be same old same old?
Good summer case :)

At this point I don’t see the point in a LifeProof. They offer IP68, so does the iPhone. Apple even says its salt water safe. So I’m not sure what LifeProof has to offer anymore.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
At this point I don’t see the point in a LifeProof. They offer IP68, so does the iPhone. Apple even says its salt water safe. So I’m not sure what LifeProof has to offer anymore.

Until LifeProof can make a case without built in screen protector again I’m out OR not have a protector that rainbows.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Not sure how i am feeling about the Nomad Rugged after 4 days use.

1. It's a scratch magnet worse than any another leather case i have had, even Apples. And i have been mainly only using around home. Would never get the brown version. Sure its leather if you like that look.
2. main problem is it seems sharp on the bottom for pinky how i hold it using 1 hand mostly, Monarch doesn't.
3. The very small lip is a concern for a supposedly rugged case, 1mm. Good for usage though.
4. Is a boring case to look at.

Hard to beat the Blacked out Monarch. Think i am done with leather.

Ebay seller sent me a replacement which took a few days to sort, in meantime i sent Nomad a photo and they sent me a replacement straight away, so will have 2 to sell if i do.

Havn't paid for a case yet, Apple leather i got for free sold and paid for my Monarch, if i sell the nomads will be $40 in front lol.

On the hunt again :)

View attachment 124940

The scratches/scuffs/markings are supposed to be part of the charm with Nomad cases.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
And even if just near water ie pool/beach gives protection against sand etc.

Yeah, but so does the same IP68 of the phones, that’s all I’m saying. LifeProof doesn’t offer anything the phone itself doesn’t anymore. If people still want to use them that’s fine, but I can’t justify the cost anymore.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
For the most part, yeah. The speaker openings on the left (are those even speakers?) of the lightning port look a little off but not enough to bug me.

I don't t care either was just wondering if all the same or if there is a new version.

Yeah, but so does the same IP68 of the phones, that’s all I’m saying. LifeProof doesn’t offer anything the phone itself doesn’t anymore. If people still want to use them that’s fine, but I can’t justify the cost anymore.

Ok forget water, i was thinking more of sand scratching glass and any drops onto rocks etc, or even just using in a pool and laying on pavers/concrete. Being all sealed up got to help those uses.

Anyway it's the grainy screen that's a killer for me for everyday use.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't t care either was just wondering if all the same or if there is a new version.

Ok forget water, i was thinking more of sand scratching glass and any drops onto rocks etc, or even just using in a pool and laying on pavers/concrete. Being all sealed up got to help those uses.

Anyway it's the grainy screen that's a killer for me for everyday use.

I have wasted so much money in the past on crappy FRE cases that I will never buy another one as long as I live.

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
I always get new cases... or at least I have two on hand. Right now I am sporting the incipio dualpro with a pop socket.... for whatever reason when I get a new case a pop socket usually follows IMG_0027.JPG

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
My first Replacement Nomad spiders web case arrived ;) This one is smooth where the leather meets plastic on sides.
See if the one coming from Nomad direct is any better.

WXlnuw4FTbiKWV0GgWCdmA.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Looks like Alligator skin.

It will make your pinky finger look like Aligator, never had a case do this to my pinky, the bottom cutouts are sharp and like speed bumps across the bottom, just not comfortable to hold, if you use one handed with pinky on the bottom forget this case.
Done with it, returns and ebay sale, back to monarch much softer and flat on the bottom.

Cxeyu6jyTFKj2CCsnEYMGA.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW