What cases do you plan to get for your iPhone XS Max?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Nomad Rugged arrived. Great case, perfect fit and not hard to get on and off, buttons are excellent, really good grip, very similar in size to Apple leather case but with bit more camera protection and the bottom covered.
The leather is a darker black next to each other. I like the Nomad sides better not as rounded with way more grip. Nice leather back and no branding, inside is microfibre.
It's same width as Apple leather as it fitted in my brodit holder without adjusting again.
If you had to pick anything with a 3D protector lip is only 1mm. Much nicer for swiping than the UAG, it feels very cheap in comparison.
It's a keeper will sell the Apple, not sure about the Monarch.

fullsizeoutput_2b0b.jpegRRcGFjr+SQmX+Q%EISWhkg.jpgIjfNv2isRQuD+GfaEzzbdQ.jpg

Last edited:

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I just wish I could keep a case and be happy lol. I always find flaws in every case then I run and buy another. The only case I’ve ever kept on my phones longer then a week or so is the speck grip cases. They might last 3-4 weeks at a time.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Nomad Rugged arrived. Great case, perfect fit and not hard to get on and off, buttons are excellent, really good grip, very similar in size to Apple leather case but with bit more camera protection and the bottom covered.
The leather is a darker black next to each other. I like the Nomad sides better not as rounded with way more grip. Nice leather back and no branding, inside is microfibre.
It's same width as Apple leather as it fitted in my brodit holder without adjusting again.
If you had to pick anything with a 3D protector lip is only 1mm. Much nicer for swiping than the UAG, it feels very cheap in comparison.
It's a keeper will sell the Apple, not sure about the Monarch.

View attachment 124889View attachment 124890View attachment 124891

Is the leather on the Nomad wonky looking where it meets the plastic (second pic)?
You like it better than the Monarch?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Is the leather on the Nomad wonky looking where it meets the plastic (second pic)?
You like it better than the Monarch?

No must be the photo or my lousy camera skills,way better to hold than the Monarch, the Monarch feels cheap compared and is $10 more.
It's a better fit too firm around the edges, camera cut out is smaller, can't see as much dust getting in.
Really surprised how good the buttons are after the complaint from last years case.
Leather back will mark/scratch up though like all do, but seems like it will age and look way better marked up than Apples.

Maybe should of got brown too lol, it never ends ;)

edit, damn you are right its hard to see in flesh had to go out in sun, but shows when zooming in photo, leather hasn't seemed with the edge in that spot, return here we go, getting another though i love it.
Will mark up anyway but being new better to swap.

edit 2, you had to tell me didn't you ;)

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
No must be the photo or my lousy camera skills,way better to hold than the Monarch, the Monarch feels cheap compared and is $10 more.
It's a better fit too firm around the edges, camera cut out is smaller, can't see as much dust getting in.
Really surprised how good the buttons are after the complaint from last years case.
Leather back will mark/scratch up though like all do, but seems like it will age and look way better marked up than Apples.

Maybe should of got brown too lol, it never ends ;)

edit, damn you are right its hard to see in flesh had to go out in sun, but shows when zooming in photo, leather hasn't seemed with the edge in that spot, return here we go, getting another though i love it.
Will mark up anyway but being new better to swap.

edit 2, you had to tell me didn't you ;)

Just looked funny. The only thing I don't like about the Monarch is th back gets greasy/nasty after some time.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Just looked funny. The only thing I don't like about the Monarch is th back gets greasy/nasty after some time.

Yeah i was wiping the back of Monarch a bit. The Nomad is probably better compared against the Apple leather, Caudabe sheath/synthisis, it's in that size. The Monarch against OB cases or similar.
The back of the Nomad is nice and not slippery.

Just get one i would be surprised if you don't like it.

edit, the other some may not like is the sides, each edge sort of tapers up and the middle is flat not rounded, has a nice feel and grip almost like it is leather, i also like it as its easier to pick up off a table v the rounded edge like apple leather.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I just wish I could keep a case and be happy lol. I always find flaws in every case then I run and buy another. The only case I’ve ever kept on my phones longer then a week or so is the speck grip cases. They might last 3-4 weeks at a time.

Been there, done that!! Some times I’d bring an extra case with me to work because I knew I was gonna change it out.. it’s such a head game sometimes.

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I am currently using the leather case from Totallee. Basically what they've done is take the really thin case they're known for (0.02" thin) and slapped a piece of leather on the back. When I ordered it, they only had black, but I see now that they have brown and tan. I'm not sure what I think of it. One review mentioned the leather felt rubbery, which I agree with. I think the Apple leather feels better, but when I asked family, friends, and coworkers to compare, they all unanimously agreed that the leather on the Totallee case felt much, much better and more premium (the leather on the Totallee definitely smells better, though). One knock on the case is that it's so thin, the buttons are flush to the case, so they're kind of hard to find without glancing at my phone. The sleep/wake button isn't really an issue since I swipe up and face unlock my phone anyway; it's the volume buttons that bug me. I was using the Pitaka MagCase previously, which has been my go-to case on all my iPhones, so I might go back to that. However, I like that the Totallee case protects all sides of the phone. I wish the Apple leather case was thinner. I might have to check out a leather snap case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2