What cases do you plan to get for your iPhone XS Max?

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Omg. White all day. Finally got my phone up and running and the watch as well. Love them both. I will try to post some pics hopefully over the weekend. I do have to return that Otterbox Statement case though. I have never in my life had to struggle to get a case in a phone as I did with that one. Holy cow. Guess I will be trading that one in for that White Pathfinder. Either that or the Camo one.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Omg. White all day. Finally got my phone up and running and the watch as well. Love them both. I will try to post some pics hopefully over the weekend. I do have to return that Otterbox Statement case though. I have never in my life had to struggle to get a case in a phone as I did with that one. Holy cow. Guess I will be trading that one in for that White Pathfinder. Either that or the Camo one.

My statement is a chore to get phone into too. Phone sure feels secured in it though lol

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
eb12951a164d784d237a75cf6db754f2.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have five cases now, UAG Monarch, Mujjo leather wallet case, Speck Presidio Stay Clear, Speck Presidio Show, and Speck Presidio Pro. Reviews coming soon.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I keep wondering why UAG needs to leave so much space around the camera cutout. Its not as bad as it was with 8 plus f.e. but still its a needless dust pocket.... Other companies can do it why cant they:

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I keep wondering why UAG needs to leave so much space around the camera cutout. Its not as bad as it was with 8 plus f.e. but still its a needless dust pocket.... Other companies can do it why cant they:

On the monarch there is also a gap underneath the full length of the power and home buttons too. You can only notice without phone in.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Not sure any of these cases are going to be drop proof with glass phones now back and front, depends on the landing, just read this on a forum here in Aus.

Bought a LifeProof Next for my XS Max and it slid off the kitchen bench (measured at 93 cm) and landed flat on the floor and now the glass back of the phone is seriously smashed. . LifeProof want me to make a warranty claim – for their case, which hasn’t even a scratch on it. I’m flummoxed (and really annoyed). The case claimes it’s 2m drop proof. My old 6S came off the car at ~40kp/h after I left it on the roof (I was loading a baby capsule with a cranky baby and quite distracted) and was unscathed in a Fre case. What gives?

Last edited:

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
None of these cases are going to be drop proof with glass phones now back and front, depends on the landing, just read this on a forum here in Aus.

Bought a LifeProof Next for my XS Max and it slid off the kitchen bench (measured at 93 cm) and landed flat on the floor and now the glass back of the phone is seriously smashed. . LifeProof want me to make a warranty claim – for their case, which hasn’t even a scratch on it. I’m flummoxed (and really annoyed). The case claimes it’s 2m drop proof. My old 6S came off the car at ~40kp/h after I left it on the roof (I was loading a baby capsule with a cranky baby and quite distracted) and was unscathed in a Fre case. What gives?

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I’ve never had a thing for trusting Life Proofs for drops; they’re a extremely hard case with nothing soft in or around so frankly I’m not surprised that was out come. Yeah these glass backed phones are super fragile. Some drops, no matter,the case aren’t gonna have survivors.

Sorry

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
None of these cases are going to be drop proof with glass phones now back and front, depends on the landing, just read this on a forum here in Aus.

Its 2018 can we get a shatterproof phone already?!! Sheesh**

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been very dissatisfied with all 3rd party cases this year. I quickly returned my PEEL case, which had a "dime store" quality to it. I get the feeling every time they sell one, they laugh, call the buyer a sucker and count the $$$.

I waited a long time for the Moshi iGlaze case in Merlot, and it finally came and I can't believe I spent $35 on that case, it felt cheap and it was slippery. Waste of $$$.

I went overboard and ordered a KERF custom leather and steel case for $154 and it came in with defects and gaps in the leather and the metal was bowed out. They talk about the care and effort put into the perfection of every custom made case. Waited about 10-days to ship and I had to return it for repairs or for them to redo the case.

I keep going back to the Apple (Product Red) Leather and Silicone cases. I am considering trying the Vaja Leather or get another Sena Leather case, the black with the red stripe. I have always like Sena and maybe the Vaja is worth a try.

Just sad about "case quality" this year.. it's like the phoning it in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro