What cases do you plan to get for your iPhone XS Max?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Here is my review of the RhinoSheild Mod NX case :)

124702d1539647875t-review-rhinoshield-mod-nx-case-iphone-xs-xs-max-20181015_164118.jpg

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
b6fc35185f958c38ded16abfdb41f9ae.jpg

I picked up this case from apple it’s very similar to the Otterbox Symmetry case except it has a clear back. Fits well good protection.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Still have my one Black Apple () Leather case. I will not be tempted, I will not be tempted, I will not be tempted...LOL

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Update on the SlipperySuit case. This is one HARD mother to remove from the phone. They should include a crow bar so you can get your phone out of the damn case.

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Update on the SlipperySuit case. This is one HARD mother to remove from the phone. They should include a crow bar so you can get your phone out of the damn case.
I'm afraid of scratching the sides of my phone because of this. (On a side note: how does stainless steel hold up against TPU cases?) I've noticed that forest green Apple leather case is heck of a lot harder to remove than the black one. I had a Spigen Neo Hybrid on the phone for a few days, and that was a struggle!

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
The Pitaka Pro, I'll be keeping this case. Very high quality materials, fits nice, handles very nice, overall a fantastic case.
It does have a very deep lip and I can see it peeling up a lot of screen protectors. I'm lucky that it fit mine perfect with no peeling up at all. It's super duper close to the edge of the glass protector though. I'm using the Bodyguardz Pure 2 Edge protector.

The lightning port opening is rather small and there is little to no protection for a face down drop.

These impressions are after using the case for whopping 10-15 minutes.

Here are some pictures. The last two are next to the SlipperySuit.

pit01.jpgpit02.jpgpit03.jpgpit04.jpgpit05.jpgpit06.jpgpit07.jpgpit08.jpgpit09.jpg

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It looks like history repeats.

1. Another black Apple leather case.
  2. Another black Speck Presidio Grip.
  3. Another online purchase cheapie TPU case.

Having had the from the beginning and with several phones I know you can't beat the feel and black leather ages best. The leather case is also great to have a naked phone with ease. The Silicone types have had edges wear just from removing the phone.

The Presidio cases that came along maybe two generations ago are not so fat and still protective. The grip design is really good for work, messes, and holding onto vs some rugged designs that look to sculpted or big. They wash up and clean up well.

Something nice about going from black to white phone is I have some color contrast when out of case or in clear case and an all black front via the X and XS or XR style front.

The IT admin's view on the fat and often stupid looking super protective cases. Getting our delivery drivers the super protective type cases never really stopped the occasional broken screen. They don't fit into pockets well. They often have designs that get them all disgusting and dirty and grimy when someone else has to handle them. I'm not a fan of them personally. I think you have to choose something extremely protective or just go with something reasonable to handle and look at.

Add the above to how much I use the phone and I just can't stomach big and ugly cases. My Presidio Grip is for days on ladders, dirty physical work, and trail building. I need a thin case for the way I use the phone so much with my work.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73