What cases do you plan to get for your iPhone XS Max?

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: Best cases for iPhone XS Max

What colors did you get?

One is midnight blue and the other is green. (They represent the two primary colors of my children's colleges. So I just swap 'em depending on whom I'm visiting, or who is home. :) )

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Do not like the peel cases at all.

Contacted them and sent it back for a refund the next day. It just felt like something you throw away after unwrapping something you wanted. The material felt so "china-cheap" and should be sold for $0.99 at the dollar store.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

One is midnight blue and the other is green. (They represent the two primary colors of my children's colleges. So I just swap 'em depending on whom I'm visiting, or who is home. :) )

I almost got the midnight blue but couldnt decide between that or black...even looked at the taupe just for a different look. Went with product red lol🤷🏽*♂️

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Contacted them and sent it back for a refund the next day. It just felt like something you throw away after unwrapping something you wanted. The material felt so "china-cheap" and should be sold for $0.99 at the dollar store.

I did the same thing a while back. Took one look at at and sent it back. An Incipio Feather or Spigen Thin Fit is as slim as I’ll go.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I did the same thing a while back. Took one look at at and sent it back. An Incipio Feather or Spigen Thin Fit is as slim as I’ll go.

Right now using (Product) Red - Leather / Silicone from Apple, but per above, I ordered a custom KERF case with metal and leather. Excited to see it in real life.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just received my RhinoShield Crashguard NX. I got the charcoal with orange bumper/accent and it looks great. First time using one of their bumpers. I’m liking it. It came with a free clear back protector but I’m not using it at the moment. Not sure if I will since I will be switching between the bumper and my black Apple leather case.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Just received my RhinoShield Crashguard NX. I got the charcoal with orange bumper/accent and it looks great. First time using one of their bumpers. I’m liking it. It came with a free clear back protector but I’m not using it at the moment. Not sure if I will since I will be switching between the bumper and my black Apple leather case.

Shipped from Taiwan or the US?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I just got mine as well. Went with the charcoal and bright green. Loving it so far. Ordered skin in like green as well, just waiting for that to arrive and it’ll be complete.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
New bad a** has arrived:

c96fcc423d1dad2a9b721a841325293a.jpg
e8bb14772ac77797ac302bde0dec18bf.jpg

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Update.

As much as Apple Leather’s always my favorite I got another Speck Presidio Grip for working in dirty and rough situations as well as an inexpensive thin clear Tozo from Amazon.

Presidio Grip: This has always been one of the premium name brand cases that offers protection and grip without being as fat and ugly as so many. The XS Max version has same good fit as past models. The back thickness of the Speck Presidios are not the ridiculously thick plastic Otterbox and others have.

More on the Grip series: The Grip versions are a look you have to accept but the functionality is really good. Occasional parts of being the sr network admin are on a ladder, around equipment or in production parts of the company that are dirty. Being a trail builder and mountain biker is dirt and sweat. The two Grip series I’ve had have been really good for that.

Tozo clear: This soft/flex type has good fit, is really inexpensive but it does not have particularly good height or edge coverage. A Torras case I had for the 7 Plus was similar. I would not call them bad as much as just know they’re not going to be very protective.

FWIW, Target has or had the Specks on sale including the new models. Past phone model Specks were even more discounted. The nice guy in electronics insisted I try a few cases The fatness of other protective name brands was obvious when putting the phone in side pockets of Kuhl pants that some say are my daily uniform. The Grip type Presidio is a little harder to get in and out of the pocket but the overall size works.

With dozens of mobile devices deployed in my day job I forever consider a lot of the cases advertised as super protective as super ugly and super stupid. Our delivery drivers, order pickers and kitchen staff still break screens. The complex molded and lots of holes cases are just dirt and germ collectors. The Grip are a bit that way but they clean up well.

BassSoLow

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I got the apple leather case. Also got the super thin Caudabe case. It’s .35mm thin for those that don’t like too much case. It’s called the Veil XT.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2