So far these are my 3 winner:

Ringke Fusion-X, considering the blue, may go with black.
    https://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Compat...mUvbUpU3088106

Attachment 124064Attachment 124065

Then there is the Elementcase Vapor-S https://www.elementcase.com/promotio...ne-x-case.html Attachment 124066

Finally the vacation, outdoor use with camera lens attachments from HitCase, the Hitcase ProAttachment 124067

Looking for other options too. This is actually the first iPhone that will meet my long term needs, screen, storage etc. At least until they support 5G in 3 years.
    Ringke Fusion have very nice cases! I like this Ruby Red color
    What cases do you plan to get for your iPhone XS Max?-71an-0ckbml._sl400_.jpg
    Raptor007 and KarmelVixen like this.
    09-15-2018 12:40 PM
    It's so funny to me how tastes vary on cases. Some cases I see people buy I would never want on my phone. But the converse it true, people may see my choices and say "Why would you do that?" I love a world where there is so much variety, but yet here we are drawn together buy a common love for the iOS community. What a great chance to mingle where no one cares about your age, looks, sexual identity, political choices, etc. Too bad we can't take this out to the real world for a change.
    09-15-2018 02:22 PM
    Probably another Apple leather case.

I can't imagine putting some thick and worse than ugly butt butt ugly thing around a nicely designed phone.
    09-15-2018 02:45 PM
    The red is nice, I agree. the hard part is knowing how it looks with Gold, I wish they would show more than just silver.
    09-15-2018 03:56 PM
    Still not upgrading yet?

Knock off peel case for me from ebay
    No, maybe in March.
    09-15-2018 09:07 PM
    I'm a big fan of a thin soft case that covers the lip enough so you can rest if face down without scratching the glass, and contains a cutout down below similar to the Apple case. This is key for me since you often swipe up on my X to get back to home screen and for other functions. I've had this one for my X from same company, and they are making it for my Max so will likely pick it up.

What cases do you plan to get for your iPhone XS Max?-51yrzlrwgwl._sl1500_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...d=AD54EWO4N8L4
    09-15-2018 09:22 PM
    I'm a big fan of a thin soft case that covers the lip enough so you can rest if face down without scratching the glass, and contains a cutout down below similar to the Apple case. This is key for me since you often swipe up on my X to get back to home screen and for other functions. I've had this one for my X from same company, and they are making it for my Max so will likely pick it up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51yrzlrWgWL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	124087

This looks cool. Looks like it’s exactly like the Apple silicone case? Size and everything
    09-15-2018 10:13 PM
    The core purpose of a case, is to prevent damage to our precious iPhones. For most of us, that damage comes from our precious slipping from our hands in slow motion and smashing into the pavement at our feet. My go-to case for my last several iPhones has been a Loopy Case. The Loopy offers solid protection to the iPhone and the handy loop insures a secure grip on your precious.
    Westiemom likes this.
    09-16-2018 07:50 AM

I bookmarked that and a Ditto that looked thin. I've had both brands for different devices.

In the meanwhile there an Apple leather case on order.
    09-16-2018 07:53 AM
    Its the closest thing to the Apple silicone case I ever found for the X. I'm weird, pay a fortune for an iPhone every year but feel bad about dropping $50 for an official Apple case, instead buying 2 or 3 per phone from Amazon in the $6-15 range. But in the case of the X, this one really is a good deal. Great case plus the cutout down below is critical in my opinion. Swiping up with a case that has a rim at the bottom gets annoying quickly.
    09-16-2018 08:25 AM
    The core purpose of a case, is to prevent damage to our precious iPhones. For most of us, that damage comes from our precious slipping from our hands in slow motion and smashing into the pavement at our feet. My go-to case for my last several iPhones has been a Loopy Case. The Loopy offers solid protection to the iPhone and the handy loop insures a secure grip on your precious.
    I see via my IT admin seat and many Apple mobile devices deployed that things break with super fat and super ugly cases too.

The use is so much more pleasant with a naked phone, near naked phone and easily naked phone that I guess I’m just a risk taker.

LadiJae likes this.
    09-16-2018 12:28 PM
    That website kills my eyes.. and I would never use a "loop" on my phone.. but I see many that love a back handle. Hard pass for me, but I can see why some will like it.
    09-16-2018 02:00 PM

Thanks for sharing, added this to the list...
    09-16-2018 04:13 PM

Thanks for posting...I just ordered and it arrives Thursday and I pick up Friday. I likely will get a leather one also at some point
    09-16-2018 04:17 PM
    I ordered the hard version of that case. Reading the Amazon comments it appears this is a clone of the Apple silicon case. Which I owned once and didn't care for due to the difficulty getting it in and out of the pocket. Also seemed to be a lint magnet.
    09-16-2018 04:23 PM
    I ordered the hard version of that case. Reading the Amazon comments it appears this is a clone of the Apple silicon case. Which I owned once and didn't care for due to the difficulty getting it in and out of the pocket. Also seemed to be a lint magnet.

Been using a silicone case mostly on my 8+ for a very long time. I have not had any of those issues you describe. Comes in/out easily and I don't see it collecting lint. Not sure what's going on in your pockets?
    w00cash1020 likes this.
    09-16-2018 05:35 PM
    Been using a silicone case mostly on my 8+ for a very long time. I have not had any of those issues you describe. Comes in/out easily and I don't see it collecting lint. Not sure what's going on in your pockets?
    That's what some of the negative reviews say. Whatever. I'm buying two or three of the cheap cases and going with one I like the most until we get more choices.
    09-16-2018 06:20 PM
    I have a Unicorn Beetle Pro Supcase coming from Amazon tomorrow. I dropped my iPhone X in one of those cases last year and the X came out of the fall just fine. I trust these cases.
    09-16-2018 09:17 PM
    Semi freaking out cause my case won't be in till the 26th and there's no case I like that will get here in time
    w00cash1020 and KarmelVixen like this.
    09-16-2018 10:28 PM
    Semi freaking out cause my case won't be in till the 26th and there's no case I like that will get here in time
    Yeah it's not a lot I like either...so for started just to have something I ordered a clear case that arrives Saturday ... Everything else seems to come after Saturday
    09-17-2018 04:55 AM
    Mine says end of September. I just got the crashguard bumper
    Did you get a solid color like black? I think that’s the difference in shipping times. The black says September. I ordered the gray/orange bumper and that, as well as a few others, say late October.
    09-17-2018 08:44 AM
    Did you get a solid color like black? I think that’s the difference in shipping times. The black says September. I ordered the gray/orange bumper and that, as well as a few others, say late October.
    All black everything!!
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    09-17-2018 08:48 AM
    So far these are my 3 winner:

Ringke Fusion-X, considering the blue, may go with black.
    https://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Compat...mUvbUpU3089013

Attachment 124064Attachment 124065

Then there is the Elementcase Vapor-S https://www.elementcase.com/promotio...ne-x-case.html Attachment 124066

Finally the vacation, outdoor use with camera lens attachments from HitCase, the Hitcase ProAttachment 124067

Looking for other options too. This is actually the first iPhone that will meet my long term needs, screen, storage etc. At least until they support 5G in 3 years.
    Wow the blue is dope. Thanks for sharing.
    09-17-2018 01:26 PM
    I’m going with the Supcase UB Style. Had one on my X and dropped it 30 feet onto concrete and all I had was a scratch on the corner of the case.
    https://forums.imore.com/e?link=http...token=vDtD-fKq

What cases do you plan to get for your iPhone XS Max?-img_4153.jpg
    cinnamin likes this.
    09-17-2018 01:56 PM
    I ordered a cheap one until 12 South gets their act together.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-17-2018 06:45 PM
965 1234 ...