I'm planning to get iPhone XS Max and I wonder what car mount should I get. Will regular car mounts work with this device? I currently have an iOttie car mount,

Do you plan to get a car mount for your iPhone XS Max? What do you plan to get?

Update: This is what I have and it fits the iPhone XS Max.
    iOttie Easy One Touch Qi Wireless Fast Charge Car Mount
    Will regular car mounts work with the iPhone XS Max?-71knmlbsgzl._sl400_.jpg
    Last edited by shasticat; 09-15-2018 at 02:18 AM.
    09-14-2018 10:07 AM
    Maybe Rene Ritchie is scouring the forums so hopefully he can give you a better answer than anyone here since he most likely is using a review unit as we speak.
    09-14-2018 10:19 AM
    I use the iOitte OneTouch 4 Qi dock for my car and love it. It will be perfect with the X Max that I ordered.
    shasticat likes this.
    09-14-2018 10:25 AM
    I use the iOitte OneTouch 4 Qi dock for my car and love it. It will be perfect with the X Max that I ordered.
    Great! That is the one I have.
    09-14-2018 11:20 AM
    I use an iottie for my x. It charges slow as heck but it’s better than nothing.
    09-14-2018 11:48 AM
    This is the first year I am going w/o a car mount. I just got a new 2018 car, with two screens, one is the 8" media screen with CarPlay so now I just either put the phone in a cup holder or cubby or on a sticky pad, as the Car Play resolves the need to see the phone.
    09-14-2018 12:01 PM
    I tried the iottie wireless with the X but in the heat it would fall off my dash when parked in the hot Aussie sun, i have been using the Brodit for a long time best available imo, but the position for each car is different and with FID its useless. So went back to a 8 with TID.
    I drive a lot for work.
    Was thinking about a Kenwood and dash kit for CarPlay which is $1800AUD installed for my Jeep Cherokee but not sure if i will keep it when the 5 year lease runs out next December.
    My only reason for going to the max would be for bigger screen in car, the base 64gb Xmax is $1800 plus case/screen protector and new brodie holder would be 2K, probably should just get the Kenwood and keep my small 8
    09-14-2018 06:50 PM
    I'm a big fan of ProClip. They are more expensive but also work a lot better -- you have to buy two pieces, one that is specifically made for your car and then the mount for your specific phone. Of course, when you switch phones (such as when I went from a Plus phone to the X) you just have to replace the phone mount, and replace the mount for your previous phone.
    Cladster likes this.
    09-14-2018 07:00 PM
    I'm planning to get iPhone XS Max and I wonder what car mount should I get. Will regular car mounts work with this device? I currently have an iOttie car mount,

Do you plan to get a car mount for your iPhone XS Max? What do you plan to get?
    Your currently iOttie mount should suffice, in my opinion.
    shasticat likes this.
    09-14-2018 07:00 PM
    I'm a big fan of ProClip. They are more expensive but also work a lot better -- you have to buy two pieces, one that is specifically made for your car and then the mount for your specific phone. Of course, when you switch phones (such as when I went from a Plus phone to the X) you just have to replace the phone mount, and replace the mount for your previous phone.
    Yeah i wouldn't put a 2k + phone in anything else.
    09-14-2018 07:16 PM
    I will be using the same magnetic mount I use for my X. It seems very solid.
    09-14-2018 08:00 PM
    If the mount accommodates Plus phones you should be ok, I am on and off again with getting a mount in my new car, I have a wireless charger built in but I use it for my work phone. I noticed the wireless charger heats up my X pretty quickly so I am a bit concerned about using those for my XS Max
    09-14-2018 08:31 PM
    Your currently iOttie mount should suffice, in my opinion.
    Thanks, That's great!
    09-14-2018 10:24 PM
    A friend of mine just got Squish Wireless Charger Car Mount and it also looks pretty good.
    Will regular car mounts work with the iPhone XS Max?-51ve7yzm0-l._sl400_.jpg
    09-19-2018 01:19 AM
    I bought this universal magnetic car mount for my iPhone Xs Max. Really happy with it

Bought it from here https://www.tapscape.com/best-iphone...xr-car-mounts/

Will regular car mounts work with the iPhone XS Max?-universal-magnetic-car-mount.png
    10-06-2018 07:46 AM
    I thought it funny how the magnetic plate type that worked with my 7 Plus and Apple Leather case was fine but same type case with the little bit heavier XS Max doesn't always hold.

I'm not sure if that's fair for all. I have a cheap magnetic type mount and I think some have more steel or stronger magnets.
    10-13-2018 02:07 PM