Max Gold v 8 Plus Gold

txkristi

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Trying to pick a color to get my max in. I LOVE the gold color of the iPhone 8 plus, BUT they keep saying this is a new gold. I'm not usually into actual gold color phones, but I love rose gold. Scared to pull the trigger without knowing exactly how this new gold compares to the 8 I love. I wouldn't mind having the white back, either. I think it looks nice, but that shiny shiny silver makes me consider that option a LOT less.

kristi
(upgrading from 7Plus rose gold)

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Trying to pick a color to get my max in. I LOVE the gold color of the iPhone 8 plus, BUT they keep saying this is a new gold. I'm not usually into actual gold color phones, but I love rose gold. Scared to pull the trigger without knowing exactly how this new gold compares to the 8 I love. I wouldn't mind having the white back, either. I think it looks nice, but that shiny shiny silver makes me consider that option a LOT less.

kristi
(upgrading from 7Plus rose gold)

This might help you a bit. Definitely a different shade of Gold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_TGr6EGwMo

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
There is also iJustine talking about the new Xs Max; she talks about it being the rose gold she wanted. She first talks about the gold color starting about 14 seconds into the video. Also, at 2:28 she starts talking about the gold color again and one thing she states (about 2:40) is that the gold of the new Max (and watch) almost perfectly matches a rose gold bracelet that she wears. I hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwq9HK7Igmc

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I am glad I got the gold, took a chance it wasn't going to be the muted and washed out 8Plus Gold and it isn't. Definitely looks like GOLD :) and the fact that its physically smaller to the 8Plus is actually nice as well, yet you get all screen.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It is a bummer, last year I wanted to actually see the X before I purchased to get a real sense of if it was worth it. It has been and sometimes it hasn't. For me the XS Max solves this issue. But it would be nice, its not llke it will impact pre-orders, it may actually spur people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice