The Official Pre-Ordering Pajama Party

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my gold, 256 GB Xs Max @ 3:05 a.m. (I looked at the time! :) Anyway, it is saying shipment date 9/21..kind of disappointing. I pre-ordered kind of hoped I'd have it by this Friday...

I KNOW!!!! Me too!!!! How DARE they make me wait!!!

I had a hiccup with my Apple Pay because my card had expired and somehow there was a hang up with the new card not being updated. So I deleted the card on file and added it again and then it was OK.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
True but the one thing in common they have each year even with different variant is the premium phone always gets sold out right away in mins.

Well I can’t speak to that because I don’t have the stats to prove that.

My impression is that the middle option is the one that sells faster. But like I said, I don’t have stats so I can’t speak to it.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

My impression is that the middle option is the one that sells faster. But like I said, I don’t have stats so I can’t speak to it.

Again, I am speaking through my experience. I don’t need a stat to tell myself something is different. I only skipped this year but I have been upgrading each year since iPhone 4.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

To me, its not so much about stats as it is just how this launch feels. Not near the hype as years past, a lot more chatter from my friends saying they aren't upgrading. Inventory available much longer than usual, and websites performing much better than years past. I saw absolutely nothing last night/this morning on my facebook which is a first for an iPhone pre-order, and I have a lot of apple people on there. It could very well be that Apple has done better with inventory, or people ware waiting for the Xr. Just feels a lot different.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Again, I am speaking through my experience. I don’t need a stat to tell myself something is different. I only skipped this year but I have been upgrading each year since iPhone 4.

But you said this:

Just woke up and it’s 6:55AM. Checked Apple store and all models of XS and XS max are still available for pickup on the 21st at store near me. This is completely different from my experience last year when I pre-ordered my iPhone X. You can clearly tell not too many people upgraded this year.

You are saying that based on your survey of eight or so stores in your area, that you can clearly tell that not too many people upgraded this year.

You are taking your location and extrapolating that to the whole of iPhone purchases. If you had said “Based on my experience I think less people have upgraded” there is no challenge to that statement. But you said that based on your experience one can “clearly tell that not too many people upgraded this year.”

That’s why I’m asking if you have stats.

Here’s the thing. We’re barely nine hours into this launch. Up until this year there were people saying the X was being discontinued because it hadn’t sold and the model would be discontinued. Then we found out there were huge numbers of X devices sold.

My experience doesn’t allow me to draw conclusions because I buy what I want irrespective of outside factors. From where I sit, this was no different from any other time. Except for a glitch with my card in Apple Pay.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
To me, its not so much about stats as it is just how this launch feels. Not near the hype as years past, a lot more chatter from my friends saying they aren't upgrading. Inventory available much longer than usual, and websites performing much better than years past. I saw absolutely nothing last night/this morning on my facebook which is a first for an iPhone pre-order, and I have a lot of apple people on there. It could very well be that Apple has done better with inventory, or people ware waiting for the Xr. Just feels a lot different.

Oh I’ve been with my head in the news about the hurricane down south because we have our failover site in Durham and we’re about to get clobbered. It’s bad when your failover site fails. Whoever decided that it was a good idea to put a failover site in hurricane country needs to get fired.

I haven’t been watching anything much on the news except Florence.

For me, and my two friends at work, we’re as hyper as every year.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Oh I’ve been with my head in the news about the hurricane down south because we have our failover site in Durham and we’re about to get clobbered. It’s bad when your failover site fails. Whoever decided that it was a good idea to put a failover site in hurricane country needs to get fired.

I haven’t been watching anything much on the news except Florence.

For me, and my two friends at work, we’re as hyper as every year.

Worked in IT for many years now, seems like its a common thread to have the backup site/system on something sketchy lol.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
But you said this:

You are saying that based on your survey of eight or so stores in your area, that you can clearly tell that not too many people upgraded this year.

You are taking your location and extrapolating that to the whole of iPhone purchases. If you had said “Based on my experience I think less people have upgraded” there is no challenge to that statement. But you said that based on your experience one can “clearly tell that not too many people upgraded this year.”

That’s why I’m asking if you have stats.

Here’s the thing. We’re barely nine hours into this launch. Up until this year there were people saying the X was being discontinued because it hadn’t sold and the model would be discontinued. Then we found out there were huge numbers of X devices sold.

My experience doesn’t allow me to draw conclusions because I buy what I want irrespective of outside factors. From where I sit, this was no different from any other time. Except for a glitch with my card in Apple Pay.

Oh, are we getting on technicalities now? Based on what I said? This will be my last comment to you because you really are not getting my point and no use of wasting my time anymore Actually, I have already wasted my time. LOL!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, are we getting on technicalities now? Based on what I said? This will be my last comment to you because you really are not getting my point and no use of wasting my time anymore Actually, I have already wasted my time. LOL!

OK. Have a great weekend.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I won't be at the party, I'm going to wait a bit. The wife wants an Xr (the colors), and I'll probably snag a 256GB Xs Max when they're both available.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I ordered my gold, 256 GB Xs Max @ 3:05 a.m. (I looked at the time! :) Anyway, it is saying shipment date 9/21..kind of disappointing. I pre-ordered kind of hoped I'd have it by this Friday...

From past experience even though the ship date says 9/21 you typically receive it on launch day. So we should start seeing people get shipping notifications on Wednesday or Thursday depending on the shipping time. But they usually want people who pre-order to receive them on launch day.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
From past experience even though the ship date says 9/21 you typically receive it on launch day. So we should start seeing people get shipping notifications on Wednesday or Thursday depending on the shipping time. But they usually want people who pre-order to receive them on launch day.

My order clearly says “delivers Fri 21”. So, it it says “ship by Fri 21” then you might not get it on launch day.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

No matter when it's shipped that week, and when it arrives at your local UPS office, it's held until the delivery day. There have been over the years very rare exceptions of one or two getting early delivery out of the millions shipped, but it's very rare. Those who did not get a delivery date post 9/21 normally get it on 9/21. The almost always set them for a Friday delivery. Someone 18+ must be there to sign. I have seen some rare exceptions to this too, and sometimes AT&T uses FedEx instead of UPS.

You can also use My UPS or FedEx online to hold and pick up at the local office, and/or waive the signature, but if it's stolen, it's on you.

Enjoy!

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you asking statistics? I don’t have one and the phone just came out a couple of hours ago. It’s too early to measure statistics. Better wait for the news on some of the tech sites. I’m sure this will come out later today or tomorrow.

What I’m using to guess is the experience I have upgrading each year. This is the first time in years I’ve seen that as of this moment, I can still pre-order the phone and pick up at the store on the 21st. In previous years, it only takes minutes before they run out. They might have increased their stocks at the store but this is happening in multiple stores in my area. I might be wrong but I’m just telling you my observation based on what I have seen each year.

I also have a good job like yours as you mentioned and can afford one. It just doesn’t make sense for me to get a new one based on my needs.

It seems like even last year the both phones were readily available. As far as the discussion about upgrading, I bought the X last year and am getting the Max this year. After getting the X I was disappointed that the screen was not bigger and also the strange aspect ratio resulted in large part of my photos being cropped too much. If the Max was not available, I would not upgrade even though there are other improvements under the hood.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually used my AW S3 to make sure I woke up by wearing it to bed, nice subtle alarm. I got 2:30 Eastern, waited and waited, 3:01 no apple store, and despite refreshing it didn't show up in any of my 3 browsers until 3:15am. Fortunately I fell back and used my iPhone X to order my new XS Max Gold 512GB SIM Free and my new AW S4 Hermes. My sister has wanted and AW for a while but just can't bring herself to buy one so she gets my perfect condition AW S3 SS Cellular and already bought 5 new watch bands. My XS Max arrives on the 21st, but my AW S4 doesn't arrive until 9-28 top 10-2 which is a bummer.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Already gone into “Preparing to Ship” now
3fde3019f00699a0fca7dc14d62f7d5f.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative