The Official Pre-Ordering Pajama Party

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the 512 GB version because I like to download many movies and shows from iTunes to the phone so that I can watch them while traveling or not home. I do not use public WiFi because it is so hackable.

I am a Doctor Who NUT. And the slightest thing gets me wanting an episode. Then down I go through the rabbit hole of finding the episode or another or another.

And MUSIC!!!!! Walking through airports and you catch snippets and then I want to find it. The other day I just had to listen to Kenny Chesney.

I like my media on my device. I FINALLY get to have it!!!!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the Sim Free from Apple, delivery 9/21 (Apple store is 90-min from here..) I wanted to order from Best Buy since I can get it Tax Free from them. Someone said that they charge a $100 surcharge at BB, so it turns out to be the same.

This morning I found out that BB can't do that anymore, and the price is the same as a Apple.

I went with the Sim Free since I may drop AT&T since I get a bad signal in my house, and a better signal with Verizon.

But I figured I would take a 2nd look, since I can still cancel the Apple order, and go with BestBuy. I checked this morning and I can order from BB (no Sim Free of course), but AT&T, but it will NOT let me keep my existing line. They only let you add another line.

I have AT&T Next, but the phones are paid off (mine 8+ / wifes Red 8) so no benefit going there...

Long story longer, wish I could get Tax free from AT&T or Apple and/or BB offered AT&T w/o new line and/or Sim Free.

1st world problems I guess

cls

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am a Doctor Who NUT. And the slightest thing gets me wanting an episode. Then down I go through the rabbit hole of finding the episode or another or another.

And MUSIC!!!!! Walking through airports and you catch snippets and then I want to find it. The other day I just had to listen to Kenny Chesney.

I like my media on my device. I FINALLY get to have it!!!!

You had me on your side, all the way up to the "Kenny Chesney" ;-)

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, each person has a reason for the decisions he or she makes.

Let’s get the first point out of the way. I have a good job and I choose where to spend my expendable cash.

The second point - I travel. When I travel I like to keep my media handy. ALL my music, because I never know when I’m going to get a hankering for The Four Seasons or Pink or Evanescence. And I’m a Doctor Who fan and I’m a The Walking Dead fan and I’m a Downton Abbey fan and I’m a Doc Martin fan. I also read a lot. Tom Clancy and also current events. When I travel I like to keep ALL these options open.

The third point - I fill up a phone very quickly. So I have to choose sometimes what I’m going to carry and I always end up wanting what I’ve left behind. No, I don’t stream over public WiFi. So I was going to buy a new iPad where I could keep all I want and carry that and my phone.

The fourth point - I don’t like to carry extra electronics.

So.......if I can get an iPhone Xs Max with 512 GB I can:

1). Keep all my media stored locally
2). Carry fewer electronics.

So.....I decided to get an iPhone Xs Max. I’ve been hoping for this moment for a very long time.

That’s good for you that you can afford it. You also mentioned you’re a doctor. Feel free to buy how many you want but that’s not the point I was trying to say. I’m just merely saying that I think most people will not upgrade who already got the iPhone X last year because of the reasons I already mentioned previously. You’re one of the people I mentioned who can afford it so good for you and congrats and your new phone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That’s good for you that you can afford it. You also mentioned you’re a doctor. Feel free to buy how many you want but that’s not the point I was trying to say. I’m just merely saying that I think most people will not upgrade who already got the iPhone X last year because of the reasons I already mentioned previously. You’re one of the people I mentioned who can afford it so good for you and congrats and your new phone.

Ummmmm......no I didn’t say I’m a Doctor. I said I’m a Doctor Who fan and a Doc Martin fan.

I don’t have stats on how many people upgrade every year. Do you have that handy?

And thank you. I will enjoy it. I’ll try not to scare any five year olds sitting next to me while I watching zombies eating people alive.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Took awhile.. but got the phones ordered.

I had to call Verizon though to get the watch going. It kept saying I am max lines (not true) -- so she did a work around and got it ordered.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ummmmm......no I didn’t say I’m a Doctor. I said I’m a Doctor Who fan and a Doc Martin fan.

I don’t have stats on how many people upgrade every year. Do you have that handy?

And thank you. I will enjoy it. I’ll try not to scare any five year olds sitting next to me while I watching zombies eating people alive.

That's funny, the person read "I'm a doctor" and stopped there... one more word, and they would have had it.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Are you asking statistics? I don’t have one and the phone just came out a couple of hours ago. It’s too early to measure statistics. Better wait for the news on some of the tech sites. I’m sure this will come out later today or tomorrow.

What I’m using to guess is the experience I have upgrading each year. This is the first time in years I’ve seen that as of this moment, I can still pre-order the phone and pick up at the store on the 21st. In previous years, it only takes minutes before they run out. They might have increased their stocks at the store but this is happening in multiple stores in my area. I might be wrong but I’m just telling you my observation based on what I have seen each year.

I also have a good job like yours as you mentioned and can afford one. It just doesn’t make sense for me to get a new one based on my needs.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
They reordered it for me. They think it may have been the watch that caused the error. My second order without the watch went through fine. So we'll see.

I ordered the wrong watch anyway so I'm ok with not getting it.

Well that worked out even better!!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That's funny, the person read "I'm a doctor" and stopped there... one more word, and they would have had it.

My heroes. I can now carry at least the last four. The others only at home on BritBox.

I would REALLY stretch ANY device if I were to put ALL the Doctors on it!!!

But the larger screen will be awesome.....and no extra electronics to carry around.

No iPad needed. Happy me.

08895c5888cbab26f66db78a0365eb77.jpg

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking statistics? I don’t have one and the phone just came out a couple of hours ago. It’s too early to measure statistics. Better wait for the news on some of the tech sites. I’m sure this will come out later today or tomorrow.

What I’m using to guess is the experience I have upgrading each year. This is the first time in years I’ve seen that as of this moment, I can still pre-order the phone and pick up at the store on the 21st. In previous years, it only takes minutes before they run out. They might have increased their stocks at the store but this is happening in multiple stores in my area. I might be wrong but I’m just telling you my observation based on what I have seen each year.

I also have a good job like yours as you mentioned and can afford one. It just doesn’t make sense for me to get a new one based on my needs.

I was asking in stats on how many people upgrade every year. I’ve never thought about it.

The reason that I’m questioning whether or not less people have ordered is because this year, as I mentioned earlier, there were three models launched on the same day. The SE was launched during Spring two years ago, if I’m not mistaken. This year there are three different options, with the entry devices being available for preorder a month from now.

So it’s not really a good estimate of how the launch has gone. This launch is different from any prior. Three models, three price points, lowest price point a month away.

Jude34

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my gold, 256 GB Xs Max @ 3:05 a.m. (I looked at the time! :) Anyway, it is saying shipment date 9/21..kind of disappointing. I pre-ordered kind of hoped I'd have it by this Friday...

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I was asking in stats on how many people upgrade every year. I’ve never thought about it.

The reason that I’m questioning whether or not less people have ordered is because this year, as I mentioned earlier, there were three models launched on the same day. The SE was launched during Spring two years ago, if I’m not mistaken. This year there are three different options, with the entry devices being available for preorder a month from now.

So it’s not really a good estimate of how the launch has gone. This launch is different from any prior. Three models, three price points, lowest price point a month away.

True but the one thing in common they have each year even with different variant is the premium phone always gets sold out right away in mins.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Seriously though, it’s their own personal choice for upgrading or buying a new iPhone device. No need to keep iterating “it’s expensive” every now and then to us (folks who ordered) because we really want the device and we chose to buy it.

If you feel it’s expensive, you don’t have to buy it and you are not going to convince anybody here to not buy because it’s expensive as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods